Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2015, 08:21 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
First rule WRT this topic is never follow what people suggest on any forum. There are many methods depending on each manufacturer. What works for one does NOT work for all others.

Second rule is to do exactly what is described by your specific RV manufacturer.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2015, 08:37 PM   #16

I am another for "READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL"!!! Every manufacturer can and may be different. My Beaver has a warning sticker right next to the leveler control that states "move slides out before leveling"! Yours may or may not be that way. The manual for YOUR coach will state what is correct for YOUR coach. Don't take a chance on just some opinion from joe shmo. Marty
Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:37 PM   #17

My manual says dump air then jacks. I do this except in 2 of my favorite places both where I have to get rear as low as possible and front as high as possible to get it any where near level. There I jack front while bags full , then dump air and lower rear jacks to stabilize the coach.No sense dropping the front down in the weeds then jacking it all the way up again.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:22 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
You have a Tuscany, right?
Dump air bags first, then level (oh yeah, make sure front tires are pointed straight ahead!
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:29 AM   #19

bags first,then level, puts the steps closer to the ground
dropaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:49 PM   #20

My Big Foot Leveling system dumps air bags first, then lowers leveling jacks in auto mode. I always use the auto mode. After leveling I extend the slide.

WM
Old 04-09-2015, 06:27 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Read the book/owners manual. They are the only ones on that kind of advise.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:30 AM   #22

Whatever the manufacturer of your coach recommends. Other than that may lead to problems.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:40 PM   #23

I find is you dump the air to lower the coach, then level, the entrance step can be much lower for easier entrance. My Mother in law is the first to remind me of how high that first step is.
samschudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by samschudi View Post
I find is you dump the air to lower the coach, then level, the entrance step can be much lower for easier entrance. My Mother in law is the first to remind me of how high that first step is.

Yep, watched a guy with a brand new MH level without dumping first and his doorstep was nearly three foot off the ground. Thought about saying something but some people get poochie faced when you suggest without being asked. It was kinda entertaining watching them get in and out though.
ecurb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:16 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by samschudi View Post
In this situation, my first inclination would be to try to raise the coach as high as possible so that the final position makes that first step a doozy! That way I might be able to get out of bring my mother in law on camping trips! But hey ... I tend to be an "out of the box" thinker when it comes to stuff like that!!!!

Tags
jacks