Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2019, 06:44 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Josam Products in Orlando

Barry and the crew at Josam's are the best. Took my coach in with a lot of play in the steering that other alignment and suspension shops have not been able to find. One shop even told me the motorhome ought to have play in the steering after new shocks and tires.

I've spent a lot of money on my coach but the best money was this week at Josam. They fixed a problem. Rare.
2000 CC Magna #5840 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Air Force One braking
Griffin379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2019, 07:37 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I'd heard good things about Josam's and they were highly recommended.

Back in 2013 I made an appointment to have my front wheel bearings converted to oil bath. Stuff happens and I had a trip rescheduled for work and could not take the motorhome but my wife agreed to take it (packing along 4 small and 1 large dog). They took good care of her and did a chassis inspection also finding some minor things. Price was very reasonable. I made a followup call after I got home and talked to the shop foreman asking about frequency of oil change etc. Great experience and like you money well spent.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:19 AM   #3

We used them as well last summer for a front end alignment and readjustment of our Safe-T-Plus. Very knowledgable guys, nice clean shop, they are also a training center and they also are the only shop around that has the equipment to bend the axle on a F-53 if necessary to adjust camber.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:01 AM   #4

I have an appointment on March 4th for E450 alignment check and caster adjustment.

I'll see what happens.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
I have an appointment on March 4th for E450 alignment check and caster adjustment.

I'll see what happens.
How did your appointment go?
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:37 PM   #6

I’ve had two different coaches serviced at JOSAM over the last 5 years. Barry and Angel are great! Cant recommend them enough.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:50 PM   #7

He didn't listen to me about 5+ degrees of caster, seemed dismissive, did a standard alignment with 4.5 caster and sent me on my way.

He installed one ball joint bushing to get one side to 4.5 and said the tow was straight and set it to toe in, to specs.

There was another customer with a class C, that the owner stated handled loose. He already had an alignment, there, and was back for anti sway bars.

I haven't been on the road yet, Friday is travel day. I'll see if I wasted $250.00.

I asked about removing my sumos and he said no he didn't have replacement bump stops and they work fine, leave them in. Again no actual discussion. Just short answers.
Won't be back unless something they did comes apart and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:43 PM   #8

Just had a front alignment done there and am very pleased with the result. Before they did any work they asked me questions about how the RV handled and were plenty conversant. Prior to the alignment, the front end of the RV would "float" at 65 and above. Sorry float is the best description I can come up with. Felt like a car feels when it just begins to hydroplane. Whole trip home was on interstates with pretty good crosswinds. The floating sensation was completely gone and I no longer feel like I am pushing the envelope at 65 or 70.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
He didn't listen to me about 5+ degrees of caster, seemed dismissive, did a standard alignment with 4.5 caster and sent me on my way.

He installed one ball joint bushing to get one side to 4.5 and said the tow was straight and set it to toe in, to specs.

There was another customer with a class C, that the owner stated handled loose. He already had an alignment, there, and was back for anti sway bars.

I haven't been on the road yet, Friday is travel day. I'll see if I wasted $250.00.

I asked about removing my sumos and he said no he didn't have replacement bump stops and they work fine, leave them in. Again no actual discussion. Just short answers.
Won't be back unless something they did comes apart and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
You seem to be the dissenting vote here. Honest question, where else would you go? I heard about JOSAM from two local dealers. Seems they send all thier rigs there for alignments. Maybe you hit them on a bad day? I don’t know.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:37 AM   #10

Three chassis/alignment shops seemed to be mentioned the most on the forums.

East coast = Josam's
Southwest coast = Colton Trucks (Where I had a great alignment completed.)
Northwest coast = Kaiser Brake & Alignment

I'm sure there are many other competent chassis/alignment shops, but these are there three I recall reading about over and over again...

Twinboat - I hope the trip goes well for you. I'll share that I friend with an holder F450 based LazyDaze went to a shop and asked them to go slightly over the spec for toe in, so it would track better. He said both the shop service manager and tech doing the work, came to talk to him. Said they'd do as he asked, but recommend they use the stock settings, check out all of the suspension for any wear items. And then he should go use it for awhile and see what he felt about it. If he did not like the way it tracked, handled, they'd reset the toe in as he asked (But, that he would have to initial he authorized non spec settings.). He followed their suggestion - and was pleased with the ride. Said he was grateful they talked to him, and that the tech was specifically diplomatic with a comment about 'Old School' for older chassis - does not work the same on newer chassis.' (Or wording like that...). Buy the way, they also suggested that he come back in after about 15-20K more miles, as a few wear items would probably need attention at that time. (He asked them if they should be changed out now, and they both answered no need to do so now, save the money, and do it when it was needed.) This was a smaller chassis shop in San Diego, Clarence Brown.

I only mention this, because his I believe it was 2011 year F450 (he bought he Lazy Daze used.) - is running and handling fine for him.

Hope you have the same experience! Best,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote