Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2016, 08:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Bike was brand new 1999 Heritage Soft tail Classic, Dealer checked it out and said the vibration was part of the "Harley Mystique!" That kind of "Mystique" I can do without. Boy was I glad when I sold that POS!
Ha. I hear ya. I have owned many bikes over the years. Some were Harleys and others were not. So I understand what your saying. They made changes after 99 that did help with vibration. In 2000 they came out with the Twin cam 88 engine. The twin cam features two camshafts and was rubber mounted to isolate vibration. Big help! In 2001 they used twin counterbalancers that cancel out most of the engines vibration. Mine is a 2001 I purchased new. It's been a good bike and has never been in the shop or broken down. I rebuilt the carb last week for the first time. Kit was $50 bucks. Runs like a top.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2016, 10:16 PM   #30

You actually may have had the twin cam in your 99. I think they changed mid year. Bottom line is most Harley riders never bought them for performance. They bought them because they look cool and the chicks dig em.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...75FB&FORM=VIRE
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:22 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
My husband does the driving I do the waving. Don't always get a return wave, or know if they see mine, but just in case- I wave.
mernmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:46 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Ha. I hear ya. I have owned many bikes over the years. Some were Harleys and others were not. So I understand what your saying. They made changes after 99 that did help with vibration. In 2000 they came out with the Twin cam 88 engine. The twin cam features two camshafts and was rubber mounted to isolate vibration. Big help! In 2001 they used twin counterbalancers that cancel out most of the engines vibration. Mine is a 2001 I purchased new. It's been a good bike and has never been in the shop or broken down. I rebuilt the carb last week for the first time. Kit was $50 bucks. Runs like a top.
I did hear that the 2000 fixed a lot of the vibration problems, but along with that and the fact that all the chrome started rusting from day one, even though kept inside when not in use, I moved on! It sure looked pretty though! I finally sold my last bike when I got run off the road for the 2nd time in two weeks on highway 41A in Clarksville TN. I left a BIG boot print in the drivers door of the guy that hit me though!
He called the police to complain, but I had already called them and provided my information along with the contact numbers of two witnesses! One of whom followed him to get his license #, and one of whom stopped to help me get the bike out of the center grass strip/drainage! No damage except mud on everything. The police couldn't cite him because they didn't see it, but they told him that he was libel for any damages to my bike and would be smart not to pursue getting paid for the damage to HIS car!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:55 AM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Did the Harley "point" when I rode. Do the classic car wave when I have it out. And continue the tradition with the RV. I wave no matter what.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:20 AM   #34

I wave at all that go bye, but seldom get a wave back, once in a while though someone does, my wife thinks I am a loon for waving, when we traveled last year to NC. staying at mostly KOA's which my wife feels safer at those, we only had one nice conversation with a couple, seemed everyone else was wanting to be left alone, I am the kind of guy that will stop and ask about their coach and where someone is headed, seemed that most of them didn't want to be bothered,
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:26 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Things have changed since we started RVing in 1999. We had an inexpensive 5er. Virtually all RVs waved at us and we waved back. People would offer to help set up. People stopped to talk all the time. None of that seems to happen much anymore. If 5 people walk by walking their dogs one might say hello! Takes some of the fun out of it. We wave!!
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:00 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Stop over and see me. I'd be glad to tell you about my coach and where I'm heading. And I wave at all other coaches!