Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveinet View Post
...mal vehicles. That and a lot of Jeep owners tend to be the type to mess with stuff.
I am one of them. I even have a webpage. DailyDrivenTJ.com
DDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2014, 05:34 PM   #58

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cucamelsmd15 View Post
Actually nailed it for myself. They are Eagle Eyes brand aftermarket lights for a 07+ (I think) Chevy/GMC truck. Found a barcode number on the back and googled it, and bam, there they are.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:41 PM   #59

When I bought my 2004 Diplomat, I had a 1999 Regal GS and made it my toad (with lube pump). Several years after I traded it for a 2007 Jeep CG I wanted to replace the yellowed/cracking headlights on the rig. Imagine my surprise to learn the Diplomat had the exact same headlights as the Regal. I'm normally pretty observant, but in 3 years I never noticed both rig and toad had the same headlights!
tkcas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #60
def

Send a message via Yahoo to def
Anybody know what headlights are used in my coach?
Old 01-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #61

Appreciate all the info, Craig. Thank you.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:09 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
My Damon Tuscany has those lights. They were clouded to the point that light really wasn't sufficient. Took one of the light fixtures off the coach and there was a number on the back. goggled the number and purchased a pair of replacement lights. If I remember right the lights were also used on either a Monte Carlo or an Impala. New ones have different plastic and so far they have not clouded over. Our old REXHALL American clipper head lights were off Lincholn Town Car. Tail lights were off FORD Econline. Appears the MH MFG just us automobile lights. safe travels... ed
Did you try to polish the headlamps? Usually you can polish them if the plastic is just foggy and the headlamp isn't leaking etc. They sell kits and some people even use toothpaste.

I knew the donor vehicle for my headlamps right away. Geek enough?

I wonder do motorhome manufacturers aim these lights properly as well when the install them? For the aftermarket lights some are actually quite good, some are poor even for the same make of vehicle or from the same company. The bulb used can also help for most halogen units. For example Silverstar Ultras (the German made Osram made units last much longer then the Sylvania's more commonly found.) As a general rule though the brighter lamps don't last as long. Also another source for weak lights in motorhomes could be the wiring harness and not the actual lamp unit itself. Check for voltage drop if you know how to use a multimeter properly at the headlamps you may be surprised at what you find.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:43 AM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by def View Post
Anybody know what headlights are used in my coach?
Try this:

TYC PN........Partslink Number……...Replacement Lamp Description

20-3100-00-9 FO2503122 1995-2001 Ford Explorer/1997-2001 Mercury Mountaineer Head Lamp, RH

20-3101-00-9 FO2502122 1995-2001 Ford Explorer/1997-2001 Mercury Mountaineer Head Lamp, LH

BTW, What Oil do you use?
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:20 PM   #64

As well some vehicles have similar yet different headlamps depending on trim/age/special edition from the OEM. So you might if you want find a "smoked" version or a clear lens, different Fresnel pattern, clear vs amber integrated turn signal lamps depending on donor vehicle, it may also have an OEM Xenon version available from a scrap yard for a premium trim version. Depends on the donor vehicle used for the lamps. Some will also have aftermarket variants (Ie all LED rear taillamps/Altezza etc) or "halo" light versions (FR3 uses these in place of the OEM). Of course these alternate versions are less common on lamps based on earlier donor vehicles.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #65
def

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post

BTW, What Oil do you use?
You're trying to start trouble aren't you.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:26 AM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by def View Post
You're trying to start trouble aren't you.

Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:09 AM   #67

This thread made me wonder what the headlights for my 2002 Rexhall Vision came from. Turns out 2002 Rexhall Vision, Flair, and Allegro Bay all use 3 piece assembles from a '96 Ford F150.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:21 AM   #68
def

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post

Here is my reply to your oil question;

These are nice folks here at this site (although some are misinformed and generally like many at the other site...they just like to mouth off) so, I'll be brief and not bloviate like I do over at the other website we both know. To obfuscate regarding oil would be confusing and without merit so...

So, here is my response regarding motor oil (and it will be my last).
Engine oils should be chosen based on several factors. They are in order of importance;
1- Engine manufacturer’s recommendation regarding API, ILSAC or diesel C (compression ignition) rated oils as well as viscosity requirements.
2- Appropriate for the type of engine service encountered.
3- Widely available in case top off is needed.
4- Cost.
5- Smell.
6- Visibly clear.
7- Politically correct.
Additive packages, while important are all about the same for given grades. Some are more robust than others but the consumer should determine which oil brand and grade has the appropriate additive package for his/her engine.
Oil consumers should undertake some homework to better understand tribology and make oil selections based on fact not some nebulous marketing claim like “Contains HexaMetaMoondust, known to reduce warts and improve fuel consumption”.
I use Exxon Mobil products for several reasons, none of which will make sense to the readers herein…and it doesn’t matter anyway.
Hank has ~500,000 on his engine and has not had to make repairs to the engine wear surfaces like cylinder walls, valve guides, rotating mass bearings, etc…and this is an air cooled motorcycle engine we’re talking about. We both use the same engine oil for obvious reasons…it works.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:04 PM   #69

Well, back to the headlight replacements, I heartily agree that all responses are a wealth of great information! Excellent job to all posters! Yes it should be made a sticky.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:08 PM   #70
def

Sticky yes but take out the nonsense about oil....

Tags
lights