Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #43

It came out looking terrific too !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Repainted RV - Decals only or entire rig repaint too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricedorri View Post
OK, here are the before and after photos. Its a bit dirty from the rain, but I think you'll be able to see the good work that RVReady4U did for me.

Now the trick is to make sure that it looks the same in another 10 years.

Before: (Looks really good, but notice the peeling decals and faded colors from 2004)

After: (Notice the painted graphics and updated color scheme)

Hi mauricedorri: Love the "new" look to your 10 yr old RV - very nice job and it looks fresh and updated. We want to do the same with our 14 yr old Fleetwood Pace Arrow, but we'd need the decals removed AND then get the entire rig repainted, including the background and the striping.

So, Question to you regarding the RV paint place you used in Temecula, cost and what you had done to the RV - For the $3200 you paid, did you ONLY have the old decals/striping removed and then repainted on with the colors of your choice?; or did you first have the decals removed and then had entire white background on the rig repainted, plus had the striping painted on the white on the rig?

What info aside from pictures, model, length did you need to provide first to Marcus/Temecula, in order to get a good estimate of what the entire job would cost?

Is their work guaranteed and if so, what is guaranteed and for how long?

Did you get extra sealer/shine coats put on so the rig always looks like it's been waxed and in "like new" condition?

Thanks for additional info you can provide. Congrats on a beautiful rig - you'll be enjoying it for many years to come!

Jim and Susan
Merlin OR
Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision 36B
meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #45

Thanks for the compliment. We had RVReady4U do everything. They removed the old decals, then paint new stripes over the old ones. That is the only way it will work. They did put a clear coat on.

At the same time, we had a couple of other small things done. For example, the rear cap had some scuffs and some of the white parts were faded. We paid a extra to have that done at the same time.

Our initial discussions were all over the phone. I sent him pictures of my old rig from different angles and told him the measurements. He gave me a quote over the phone that was plus/minus 10%. I wasn't worried about that because I was saving thousands.

I just got back from Yosemite a couple of weeks ago. I have some minor scuffs from a bush that was close to our campsite. Its almost time for me to take it back to them to have them buff it out and wax the whole rig. I think that doing the annual waxing and buffing will help maintain the look for a long time.

I see you are up in Oregon. If you are shopping for a comparable deal... good luck. I think you will have better luck with a smaller shop than a big one. But then again, I live in L.A. where everything is overpriced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2shop View Post
Hi mauricedorri: Love the "new" look to your 10 yr old RV - very nice job and it looks fresh and updated. We want to do the same with our 14 yr old Fleetwood Pace Arrow, but we'd need the decals removed AND then get the entire rig repainted, including the background and the striping.

So, Question to you regarding the RV paint place you used in Temecula, cost and what you had done to the RV - For the $3200 you paid, did you ONLY have the old decals/striping removed and then repainted on with the colors of your choice?; or did you first have the decals removed and then had entire white background on the rig repainted, plus had the striping painted on the white on the rig?

What info aside from pictures, model, length did you need to provide first to Marcus/Temecula, in order to get a good estimate of what the entire job would cost?

Is their work guaranteed and if so, what is guaranteed and for how long?

Did you get extra sealer/shine coats put on so the rig always looks like it's been waxed and in "like new" condition?

Thanks for additional info you can provide. Congrats on a beautiful rig - you'll be enjoying it for many years to come!

Jim and Susan
Merlin OR
Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision 36B
mauricedorri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:29 PM   #46

Maurice, I think the previous poster was also asking something I was also curious about -- did they repaint the white sides as well so that you now have full body paint? Or just the striped area so that the white sides are still just the original gel coat? And if they sprayed with clear coat, did they spray the whole thing including the white gel coat, or just the newly painted stripes?

Thanks in advance for any clarification you can provide. And I suspect the previous poster would love to know if they also gave you a quote to paint the whole thing, not just the stripes, if that's what you had done.
Southpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:43 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpark View Post
Maurice, I think the previous poster was also asking something I was also curious about -- did they repaint the white sides as well so that you now have full body paint? Or just the striped area so that the white sides are still just the original gel coat? And if they sprayed with clear coat, did they spray the whole thing including the white gel coat, or just the newly painted stripes?

Thanks in advance for any clarification you can provide. And I suspect the previous poster would love to know if they also gave you a quote to paint the whole thing, not just the stripes, if that's what you had done.
Actually, they did not paint the entire coach, just the stripes. Except... we did have one white part on the passenger side rear that they did redo the white on. They clear coated over the white part that they did as well as the rear cap. Then, they just buffed the entire rig and it all came out good. It appears that they used an enamel paint to do the stripes anyway (I think...). So... no clear coat needed over the stripes.

Regarding the quote... I had already talked with 10 different rv paint shops all over southern california and had gotten estimates from $6K to 9K to do this same job with the stripes only. So I only asked them about the stripes. btw... getting the stripes redone was also a 6K quote.

One guy did say something about painting the whole thing... but he was telling me something like $12-$20K. That was NOT gonna happen.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
So mauricedorri: Was the cost of ALL you had done to your MH in Temecula CA - $3200 or $6K? I'm confused, since you refer to a 6K quote (for striping or ?)
.Also, how do we know if the gel coat body of our 14 yr old MH simply needs to be buffed and waxed, OR really needs a new paint job? (we already know the decals need to be removed and the design Painted on instead.)

Thanks again,
Jim and Susan
Merlin OR
2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision 36B
Old 09-12-2014, 03:28 AM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
our 14 yr old MH simply needs to be buffed and waxed,
just test a section and see how it looks, 14 years is not much for fiberglass.

Boats hold up over 25-35 years with compounding and waxing
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #50

Quote:
So mauricedorri: Was the cost of ALL you had done to your MH in Temecula CA - $3200 or $6K? I'm confused, since you refer to a 6K quote (for striping or ?)
.Also, how do we know if the gel coat body of our 14 yr old MH simply needs to be buffed and waxed, OR really needs a new paint job? (we already know the decals need to be removed and the design Painted on instead.)

Thanks again,
Jim and Susan
Merlin OR

Jim and/or Susan, let me clarify...

My initial quotes and estimates for repainting the deals where $6K and up. I later found the guys at RVReady4U who agreed to do it for $3200. That's what I paid.

I found that the cost of a full paint job was going to be 12-15K. My coach at 10 years old, didn't need full paint. We did need a few spots touched up, which we paid a little extra for.

I'm not sure that this kind of deal is still available. But you just need to take detailed pictures and start sending them around.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
From the pictures, I would say you received an excellent value. It did look good previously but with the new paint on the stripes I am guessing it makes the whole rig look new. Very Nice.

Bob & Pearl
2007 Monaco Camelot 42' PDQ
JRPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #52

Fleetwood Owners Club
Removing decals and having them painted on; rig painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricedorri View Post
Jim and/or Susan, let me clarify...

My initial quotes and estimates for repainting the deals where $6K and up. I later found the guys at RVReady4 who agreed to do it for $3200. That's what I paid.

I found that the cost of a full paint job was going to be 12-15K. My coach at 10 years old, didn't need full paint. We did need a few spots touched up, which we paid a little extra for.

I'm not sure that this kind of deal is still available. But you just need to take detailed pictures and start sending them around.
Hi maurucedorri: Thanks for clarifying what you paid for what you had done. We plan on doing a "test" spot on the white fiberglass area by buffing it out and polishing to see if that improves the surface. We do have a few of our small utility doors on the exterior whose hinges and screws are showing touches of rust.
Will def.get a quote from your source. We have less decals than you originally did so hoping that keeps our costs down.
Thanks for all this useful info.
Your rig looks very sharp!

Jim & Susan
Merlin , OR

Tags
class a, paint