Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Just Joined FMCA

And getting quote to add RV and roadside assistance to my home/auto Allstate policy.
Going to bring the wife Friday to see if we are going to finally pull the trigger. I plan to have Redlands Truck/ Rv do the PPI (110 miles away so the salesman was suggesting more local ones but he came around).

Want to have full body paint done (3 colors)- getting quotes. Final Touch (Valencia) wanted $19k but I don't like the look of 18kt gold leaf on the exterior Got one for $5k at A1 Truck (in town) but he was checking the rv first. My budget is up to $8k. Anyone have experience with FBPaint cost on 38 footer? I like the 2010 Diplomat scheme better than the newer ones. Want to use that as design template. Opinions welcome on better designs from other models.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7tcy6XoNdf...0/IMG_5327.JPG

Hope to change signature soon below to "hard at it customizing MH"
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good quality paint is running close to $200 a quart now according to the shop that did some touchup work late last year. In 2002 the full body paint was an over $7,000 option over decals. Figuring are least $2,000 for the decals that would make the paint job almost $10,000 over bare.
Maybe you could drive it to Mexico and get it painted there. They seem to do good work and it's much less expensive.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Suggest to compare your insurance ERS features and coverage to Good Sam ERS or Coach-Net ERS, both of which are very popular and widely discussed here.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Suggest to compare your insurance ERS features and coverage to Good Sam ERS or Coach-Net ERS, both of which are very popular and widely discussed here.
Allstate's RV RoadHelp is priced comparably to the others, and with similar RV coverage. We have both Allstate and Coach-net, since we bought the Allstate before we realized we got a couple of years of Coach-net free with our new RV. Oops!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #5

Baddad53 ...

Look at this web site: http://xtremegraphics.net/previous.html

Click on "Painted Motorhomes" on sidebar list. In my opinion this outfit is the top of the heap when it comes to flawless full body paint jobs. They painted our bus last year. Not a single flaw anywhere.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Allstate's ERS network is who Good Sam contracts with, so probably no real difference in the service provided. Prices and other details may vary, though. Just make sure anything added to your regular policy takes into account that it is a motorhome and not a car.

I think you need to be in the $10k range to get a decent full-body paint job. High end coaches spend more like $20k for their mirror-like finishes, but you can get a nice one for around $10-$12k. The difference is in prep work, number of coats, and between-coat sanding.

Some shops with good reps include Precision Painting and Mikes Custom Painting, both in Bremen, IN, and Bruce Deaton's Custom Paint and Body in Red Bay, AL. Mike's Collision in Wilmington, NC, is another shop that specializes in motorhomes and does a nice job.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
With advise of my Allstate agent I did not get Allstate roadside we went with Coach-net Basic. Once I get my RV back I plan to do a write of the process of my purchase and bringing up to snuff the 38ft DP. We are having a place in San Bernardino give an estimate on graphics. All the other six in SoCal where over budget. Since son and myself were stationed in San Antonio thirty years apart (we have seen the state) so it will be a while until we pass thru again (have childhood friend in LA [lower alabama] so its on the list just not soon.