Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Owners Club
Just spent first night in New To Us MH

It's a 2008 Winnie Adventurer 38T with only 16k miles. It has a front kitchen with midcoach family room with the TV built inWe're in Lakes Park RV Park in Ft. Myers, FL. Had a cold front so it got down to about 64 last night. The heat pumps work. After some drama at the dealership because they didn't have everything ready (surprise...) and the walkthrough, the guy kept telling us about different aspects of towing, even though we told him that was not in our near future - several times.

The "tech guy" was off that day so our Direct TV receiver didn't get installed and neither did our BluRay. It has a Kingdome Auto(but not motion) on top. Of course, they had a week to get everything ready...

The point is, we didn't get out of there till 5:30, sun going down and rush hour traffic and we had the car loaded with stuff to go in the coach.THe park is about 4 miles from our house. So we got there and I didn't have too much trouble pulling in on the concrete pad. We lucked out on getting it because the guy who has it reserved for the winter drove under a big branch and tore the AC units and a few other things off his Prevost. We're just here for 2 nights. Maybe more. This is wonderful.

Already met about 10 great people.

One came over this morning and said we had a leak. There was water dripping out the bottom of the left rear. I hadn't even hooked up to water or sewage, just plugged in since it was already dark and we were tired. No one of about 5 guys who gathered knew what it was. Any ideas?

Everyone assumed it was a new coach because, well, it looks new inside and out.

Right now it's 76 degrees with a 10mph breeze. Got all the windows open.
No schedule. No rushing around. Sounds of nature. Out the windshiled is a beautiful little lake surrounded by swaying palm tress and nautural fauna.

About to crack a Tom Clancy novel I've had waiting for 8 months.

Lovin' it.

A big thanks to all of you that helped git us here.

Had to make a trip to the house and load more stuff and our Sheltie.

We were amazed at how me livable and homey this floorplan is. Electric couch and Euro recliner. Intereior lighting is beautiful at night. We discovered that we had an auto windsensor on the awning we didn't know was there. We assumed the sleep Number bed was a short queen, but the normal queen sheets fit perfectly. It has a solar charger but I'm sure it's very low output - but it's there.

The kitchen facucet has one of those things where the faucet pulls out and can be used as a sprayer. It also has reverse osmosis. Dining table only has 2 chairs, but....no biggie.

Has awnings on all the windows. Four door fridge with ice-maker. Just checked - we got ice!

Does not have W/D but we didn't want one, but the faucets are there ( in a lower kitchen cabinet) if we ever do.

Biggest concern is tires since we assume they are original Michelins. They look new, too, but could be 7 years old. We asked the dealer to give us born dates on all the tires, but.....nothing.

We'll just be using in on long weekends and such for now since we're still working, but the thought of a blowout is very scary.

Well, let's see what Jack Ryan isi up to in Threat Vector.

Thanks again to all you great people again. Really hope to meet some of you (the nice ones - hehe) in person.

Dont forget to comment if you know anything about that dripping water...

They found out the entertainment switchbox was defective (or they couldn't get it to work) so we were limited to one TV. I am amazed at how good the picture is on a 2008 HDTV.

jimaxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
Sounds like you all are on the 'right' track to have some fun. Not sure about the water leak but could it be a loose fitting in the pump area?
On the tires, loo on the side wall and you will find a DOT stamp. It will only be on one side so you may need to get underneath it. There will be a four digit number that will show the week and year that the tires were manufactured. Also keep in mind that it 'might' be possible that the tire were in storage for a while.
Have fun and keep safe. Lots to learn, but by doing some close to home trips, little issues will not be a problem.

2009 38' Diplomat
CSM- retired, wife as co-pilot
Reka & Ali providing security (our 2 labs)
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #3

Post a picture of the coach where the leak is at and maybe someone will have thoughts on where it is coming from. Also post some pictures of your coach inside and out, we like pictures.

2003 Forest River Cardinal Platinum 37' 5th Wheel
1976 31' Airstream
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
Congrat's on the NTU 38T.quite exciting time for sure!!!!
We LOVE our 38T,great floorplan.
Not sure which "left" you are referring to,but if passenger side rear
is water leak,maybe AC condensation. Being in Ft Meyers I'm assuming
your not using the furnace?

Mike&Carol --"Woody"/SC Wheaten Terrier
1932 Ford 3W HI-BOY
2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38T
MNAZMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
Low point drain not fully closed, Freshwater tank drain not fully closed (Unlikely since plugging in wouldn't start the leak) Basement air conditioning condensation drain (probably not) or maybe bad check valve on the freshwater hose attachment letting some water leak out (Mine did that once). It could always be a good-ole leak somewhere in the plumbing.

"Left rear" to me means Driver Side back which is usually the wet bay. If it is still dripping, look underneath and in the compartments to track it down.

Edit : Maybe check valve is the wrong term. Might be called a backflow preventer but it is just a rubber valve that is spring loaded. It is built in to the fitting where you attach a hose to the RV. The spring keeps that shut until there is enough pressure from the hose to open it. In mine, it had not seated properly and let water leak out when I was using the pump. the water dripped down from my wet bay which is in the back left on my coach.
1998 Bounder 36s V10 F53
ohhwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

Leak: Could possibly be condensation. I had what I thought was a leak down the side of my coach near the rear tirewell and all it was was condensation coming from the side of the slide dripping down, that made it look like a leak on the concrete, but it was just condensation.

I hope that is what you are experiencing!

Best Wishes and Enjoy!!!!
Kent - '03 Fleetwood Storm Ford F-53 V-10
With Susie (Lhasa); Angie (Shorkie) Ferbie (ShihTzu)
In Memoriam: Katie, Spencer and Zoey
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

TIRES: (our 2012 has Michelins @ 44k miles)
We also camped 1-12 miles from home to fiddle. My VERY FIRST FREEWAY RUN = INNER DUAL BLOWOUT - funny tho, i was actually in front of the exit for my work place..... Guarded parking while we ate dinner awaiting our Good Sam road service man ..... 90 mins later: DW and I are fed, Aussie 🐶 is walked and SPARE MOUNTED OK!

FAILURE - side wall belts failed then ruptured, no air leaks prior!!! I am only slightly paranoid so....

TPMS - the Amazon or CW models have good reviews and for my $300 this is HEAVEN SENT!!
On my side dash i can now see (as DW drives) PSI and TEMP on all 6 tires, in displayed rotation with 3 adjustable alarms per tire!! Future belt separations or other heat inducing events will set off the TEMP alarm on THAT tire---- before blowouts!!
DAILY CHECKS -- power up the TPMS unit and in 5-7 minutes it acquires all 6 signals including a LOW PSI ALARM---- before you drive off and cause damages!!
My brand is TIRE-MINDER, sold at CW, made here in GA.
Skino47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
If the leak is on the passenger side, it may just be condensation from the basement air conditioner.
Nathan and Linda, 2000 Winnebago Chieftain 35U, F53 Chassis, Banks Power Pack
Patrol 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #9
The following link is to a very informative "book" explaining what each DOT number/letter means on a tire.

USDOT tire codes explained
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds nice but pictures will prove the point.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Tim

1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote