Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2015, 01:33 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I went camping recently on the President's Day weekend. I didn't have time to do a regular wash with lots of, (softened and filtered spotless), water, rinsing, and drying.

The Turtle Wax marketing department was successful in catching my eye at Walmart. They had a little placard over the bottle that said, "we dare you"! So, for $4.99 I purchased a bottle of Turtle Wax Rinse-Free Wash and Wax at my local Walmart, and purchased two microfiber wash and wax mops from Harbor Freight. One mop was used for washing, and the other for drying.

It worked great! No ladder, no hose, no rinsing, and the drying was fast. And the best part was that it was fast, (about one hour), and there were no water spots or streaks.

It's essentially the same waterless washing system as the RV Aircraft Waterless wash mentioned above in another post, but for under $25.00.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We aren't full time yet but we use Rejex on our coach in the spring and the fall. It is easy to apply and as advertised "nothing sticks but the shine" which makes it easy to wipe down. Most of the bugs on the front will wash off just using a garden hose and most camps will allow you to wash the front of your coach.

RejeX: Nothing Sticks but the Shine!

Jon

2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
I went camping recently on the President's Day weekend. I didn't have time to do a regular wash with lots of, (softened and filtered spotless), water, rinsing, and drying.

The Turtle Wax marketing department was successful in catching my eye at Walmart. They had a little placard over the bottle that said, "we dare you"! So, for $4.99 I purchased a bottle of Turtle Wax Rinse-Free Wash and Wax at my local Walmart, and purchased two microfiber wash and wax mops from Harbor Freight. One mop was used for washing, and the other for drying.

It worked great! No ladder, no hose, no rinsing, and the drying was fast. And the best part was that it was fast, (about one hour), and there were no water spots or streaks.

It's essentially the same waterless washing system as the RV Aircraft Waterless wash mentioned above in another post, but for under $25.00.
THanks. I was at Walmart earlier today and the Turtle Wax Rinse-Free Wash and Wax was on a 'special' shelf. I picked up a couple bottles for $3 each.

They also had some microfiber mops for about the same as Harbor Freight so I am in business. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:11 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
I get mine washed at the place where I store it. During the season I use a "California Mop". It is water-less and wont harm the paint.You can get them at most auto supply stores or on Amazon. Does a great job on the coach and the Jeep.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #19

Thanks to all for your comments and inputs. I see there are a lot of different opinions and it comes down to personal preferences. Once that is decided, there are solutions for each.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:58 AM   #20

I second Washwax.com I don't do anything else. No water needed so you can touch up whenever and wherever you like. Coach looks great.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:06 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
I have used Pearl USA waterless wax. It works really great and it is fast and easy. Also, I have tried Dri Wash n Guard. It is also very good, but takes more time. DriWash is better on the glass.
Now, I am about to use another product that is new to me. It is called RV GelGloss Wash and Wax. Has any one here tried it?
Old 03-16-2015, 04:14 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Be very careful when using a pressure washer on a MH. I was at an RV service center and was talking to the business owner. He said a customer brought in a Class A, that he had washed with a pressure washer.
Now, the business had to remove the exterior panels and remove the insulation and redo the walls inside, because the high pressure forced water into the walls at the panel seams. The walls were wet inside as a result.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:19 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Be very careful when using a pressure washer on a MH........
At a self-serve pressure car-wash in Corona, CA, I sadly watched the owner of a very new Toyhauler trailer with fiberglass sides accidentally "wash" off the decals. Big sheets of vinyl swirls just flew off before he realized what he was doing.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #24

The best stuff on the market is Macquiers Ultimate Wash and Wax. I use it on all my vehicles. Try it, you will LOVE it.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:46 AM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
I apply Dri-Wash Classic 2x per year. $1.00 per oz. About $12 per application.

In between applications, you wash your rig with a wet towel to remove dirt and a dry towel to replenish the shine. No scratches during the wash. No water pail or hose.

The application is spray on, then wipe off so will take several hours of easy wiping for a 40' MH.

I do the lower sections in the rv parks as the mood strikes and I am ready to get out of the lawn chair. The upper portions require a ladder and I do those at home.

Works well on Gel Coat and Clear Coat surfaces. Also use on windows, etc.

Our rig has never had wax applied during its 20 years of service.

Soap will remove the protection so not good on a automobile that will use a commercial car wash.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:26 AM   #26

Been full timing for three years and always wash the house myself. I find that most places i stay allow it. I probably wash 6-10 times a year. I always wash the windshield after the days drive, even in Walmart parking lots. One time i didnt wash it when we arrived at Cedar Hill State Park in Dallas. We woke up to a serious ant problem. They were all over the front of the coach feeding on the bug guts. Took us about a month to get rid of them.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:40 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
I use the following waterless product with very great success. This is especially great for the front cap when traveling and also for windshield. To clean bugs off the windshield I also use 0000 strength steel wool along with this product:
RGS LABS, Inc. - FW1 Waterless Formulation - http://www.fw1shine.com/.
RV4Me4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:01 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Another vote for the WashWax All product. I have been using it for 3 years now. If the MH gets really dirty (driving in the rain) then I will do a wet wash. I wax once every two years because the WashWax All solution includes wax.

Dennis_K is offline   Reply With Quote