Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #15
Youtube 5 gall0n bucket mouse trape. Works good for me, 10 the first week.

National Dolphin 35Ft. 1995 slide Ford 460
Banks SYSTEM Best thing I did. 6.5 MPG at 65MPH with toad.
gary peterso is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #16
Monaco Owners Club
Search under "mice" on this forum from previous discussions on this topic. One product mentioned is Fresh Cab. Have previously kept a couple of traps in our MH set near points of suspected entrance and have caught an occasional mouse looking for shelter from the winter cold. Added Fresh Cab this past winter at the same locations along with the traps, and the traps remained empty. The conclusion is Fresh Cab apparently works. Still skeptical so will keep the traps set as backup just in case it's a fluke, but from all indications Fresh Cab does work. Here is a link to the product which is available at feed stores and many other retail outlets, or on line.

Fresh Cab All Natural Rodent Repellent, Control Mice Fast, Safe | EarthKind.com

Jerry & Barb ~ Furbies: Gunner, Dylan, Daisy, Brandee
2003 Monaco Camelot 38PST, Cummins 350 ISC, Roadmaster RR8S chassis, 2004 Honda CR-V Toad, FMCA, Olympia, WA K7DKO

Monaco38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #17
Up in Minnesota, we use "Bounce" dryer sheets. Nothing but the Bounce brand. Spread it throughout the inside and in storage compartments. Keeps mice away and the coach smells fresh in the spring!
Kent and Sally Lunda
1996 Newmar Mountain Aire/Slide 300HP Cummins8.3C
2004 Honda Odyssey (Toad)
Kjlunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #18
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by Pusherman View Post
I do not recommend using moth balls, as they are hazardous to one's health. I've seen threads in this forum asking how to get rid of the moth ball smell.

I have heard of the peppermint oil trick. Don't know if it works, but it smells pretty nice.

If you have any temporary openings in your coach, such as where your power cord exits the coach, you can surround or fill the opening with steel wool. Mice hate chewing on steel wool.
If you put the moth balls under your rv, not inside any compartments, they will stay away. It doesn't take a lot to do the trick. For example, if you buy a 16oz box/bag, use half of it scattered the full length of the rv.

I've used it for years without a single mouse problem and no after smell inside.

David & Gail Salisbury, NC
2003 American Eagle 42'
denochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #19
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When we winterize our MH we clean out all food and associated food items. We then place dryer sheets in all drawers and closets. keeps the place smelling fresh over the winter months.... I also place sticky traps at all ports of possible entry.... so far to date have yet to find a mouse onboard.
Going down that long lonesome highway,Bound for the mountains and the plains
Michael Parks / Then Came Bronson - 1969
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #20
Location: I currently live in Temecula, CA, southern california wine country
Send a message via Skype™ to Coyotetr
Try Bounce

I put Bounce the fabric softener sheets in all the drawers and cabinets and in the walls behind the drawers. I'm not sure if I can get rid of all the mice but they sure are scrambling. They got in through the utilites area, like where the power cord and hose are. There is a cap in my Fleetwood with two holes, I though that was ventilation, not anymore, I'm just turning that cap so the holes don't show from the outside.
Coyotetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #21
Someone just sent me an email regarding a new product which is sprayed onto the frame and undercarriage of your RV to deter mice and other varmints from entering your RV.

It apparently has a slightly slippery base and has menthol and peppermint oils in it, which they say the mice do not like.

Here's the website: www.mouse-free.com

Manufacturer recommends spraying the undercarriage 1X/year if you move your RV, as it can be washed off by driving it thru rain, etc. If stationary, they recommend 1X every 3 years.
'07 Winnebago Journey 34H - CAT C7, Koni's, MCU's, SS Bell Crank, Safe-T-Plus
'07 HHR Toad, SMI AFO, Blue OX
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #22
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I buy room deodorizers from the dollar store and put one inside each basement door to prevent mice.
farmallbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #23
We store our coach in the winter in Minnesota along with a whole shed full of other campers. The word up here is dry sheets such as bounce.....We haven't had any issues - as the other people say they haven't. We put a whole box spread out all over the coach. I don't believe it works 100% but is some what effective.....and your coach smells good in the spring.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #24
I currently have a couple of poison blocks in two compartments. I'm thinking of moving them to the outside rather then attracting the mice to come in.
2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 340 Cummins
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:49 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I had the poison blocks too until a camper told me that ate poisoned mouse had died in the wall of of his MH. Said the smell was awful. Don't know how he determined it the mouse died of poisoning vs. old age. Still it was enough to make me rethink my anti-mouse strategy.
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #26
Clean out the food, except cans/jars, then spread moth balls and/or camphor balls around the OUTSIDE of the coach, tires, jacks, power cord and anything that touches the ground.
Blaster 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #27
We store our classic cars and motorhome for winter, and found the best solution for us is those "Bounce" dryer sheets. Buy a big box and start stuffing them in the drawers, closets, cabinets, everywhere. Of course, like others said, get rid of all food.
Mike Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #28
I had the poison blocks too until a camper told me that ate poisoned mouse had died in the wall of of his MH. Said the smell was awful. Don't know how he determined it the mouse died of poisoning vs. old age. Still it was enough to make me rethink my anti-mouse strategy.
my understanding of decon poison for mice is that after ingesting it, they become extremely thirsty and will leave in search of a drink. So make sure you dont leave any water around I guess.

2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 340 Cummins
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote