Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2011, 09:17 AM   #29

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A dryer sheet in every cupboard, drawer, between cushions, and outside cabinets. We have never had a problem and they will last four or five months.
demoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #30

am glad you like ak. we lived inJUNEAU FOR TWENTY YEARS. went there in1969 and and loved it.has changed a lot over the years,so have we! to this day i will not fly. had good and bad experiences on Alaska scare lines with three frights a day.lol. the saying was fly with us and let your luggage see the world! hope you enjoy your time there.

cordwood &and assorted live ins.
cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusherman View Post
Someone just sent me an email regarding a new product which is sprayed onto the frame and undercarriage of your RV to deter mice and other varmints from entering your RV.

It apparently has a slightly slippery base and has menthol and peppermint oils in it, which they say the mice do not like.

Here's the website: www.mouse-free.com

Manufacturer recommends spraying the undercarriage 1X/year if you move your RV, as it can be washed off by driving it thru rain, etc. If stationary, they recommend 1X every 3 years.
This stuff looks awesome, its expensive as all get out, but if it works...
We use DeCon and moth balls, gross and smell and dangerous... This stuff, if it works like it says it should, i'd pay for it...
TheBeachHous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:02 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeachHous View Post
This stuff looks awesome, its expensive as all get out, but if it works...
We use DeCon and moth balls, gross and smell and dangerous... This stuff, if it works like it says it should, i'd pay for it...
If it works I wouldn't mind trying it.

Mice had damaged some wiring in my current MH before I bought it. I know we have field mice in the trees bordering our property so I am a bit concerned.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #33

Mothballs on the outside and several bars of Irish Spring Soap in the inside on the floor at different spots. Never had a mice in my MH.
maxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:43 PM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm trying the Fresh Cab for the frist time and I'm still seeing signs of mice. i've set traps but haven't caught them yet.
redtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Get the electric rodent repeller. It requires 110 v but the mice will leave the area as soon as you plug it in. I use them in my house, shop, kids play house and RV with complete success. I got mine at Fred Meyer, but I am sure Walmart has them too.
173dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:43 AM   #36

I also bought an electric rodent/bug repeller. The 110 volt was actually a 9 volt transformer, so I cut the wires, added a cigarette lighter plug, and run it on 12 volts when in storage. I have used it for about 15 years with no problems with critters. The repeller uses almost no power and has run continuously for as long as 2 months between MH trips with no starting problems from low battery.
JimColeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Excuse me?

What is PB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon man View Post
i put traps with PB on top of all tires. gets em on the way in.
OnJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:35 AM   #38

PB=Peanut Butter.
RetiredBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #39

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimColeman View Post
I also bought an electric rodent/bug repeller. The 110 volt was actually a 9 volt transformer, so I cut the wires, added a cigarette lighter plug, and run it on 12 volts when in storage. I have used it for about 15 years with no problems with critters. The repeller uses almost no power and has run continuously for as long as 2 months between MH trips with no starting problems from low battery.
Great idea.
173dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #40

Workhorse Chassis Owner
mice

I have found that a bucket with antifreeze in it works very good. Put a cover with a hole in it (so they can drop in) and it will protect it from any stray pets around. Use a small board leaning against the bucket for them to climb to the top, once inside the can't get out and we know what antifreeze does to little critters.
jrchep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #41

The chap that owns the storage yard where I keep the coach told me what he does. He makes a little wooden box with a hole in it. Inside he puts the 'bar' type food and sets them outside, underneath whatever he is protecting. He even puts one by his airplane and since using these devices has never had a mouse enter. I am going to make a couple of these and put under the coach for next year.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I know this sounds a little funny, but besides putting bounce sheets in all your compartments & crevices, put a worn down battery in your smoke or CO detector and let it beep away to keep the rodents out (if you store it or will be off site for a while).
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote