RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2018, 12:22 PM   #1

Kelly – Armorsteel RSA 245/70 19.5 tires any Good

I am looking for replacement tires for my motorhome, can get six of these for $1800, was wondering if anyone else has used these and was the tire a hard or soft ride and how does it handle, they are a Goodyear brand company.

jackreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2018, 03:15 PM   #2

The Kelly's I listed above are a All-Position Urban Service Tire, would this be OK for a motorhome..

Old 10-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Got a set of five on my coach. Currently pushing 50,000 miles and 7 years mounted with no signs of strange wear patterns, sidewall cracks or other such indicators that service life maybe ending anytime soon. They stay covered when at home but not on the road and Armor All or other so call preservative has never touched them.

Cost me $2117.58 back in April 2011 for all six balanced and installed. Lot of bang for the buck. Are my first tires so I nothing to compare for ride performance. Road noise is no worse than my Honda Accord and coach has good straight line stability.

Ok why five? I didn't get the valve stem seals replaced at install and at 1 year and 5 days later a seal failed (pre TPMS days). Not a blowout but a fast leak. Drove a bit too far with minimal air pressure which comprised the tire for future reliable use. Replace with a Goodyear. Hard to demand an exact match replacement on the side of the road on a Friday night. For what it's worth all the Kelly's run a couple of degrees cooler than the one Goodyear.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:58 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply, I might just buy me six of them, found a tire wholesaler and installer here in Vegas for about $1800 out the door, will have to check and make sure they are not some old ones sitting in the warehouse for many months.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #5

Update the tire place sold the Kelly's and tried to sell me some cheap China tires and also found out they cant balance 19.5 tires and only put in the balance bags so I left there fast and went to Southern Tire Mart and got six new Firestone FS561 14ply and all six were Hunter Road Force Balanced on there brand new machines, $2130 out the door.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:41 PM   #6

Is it just me, or does the mounting surface of the wheel ring at the mounting holes look concave?

Tags
tires