Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
King Dome 9704-LP operation with Directv

I have recently subscribed to direct tv and I'm trying to get it to work in my RV(2009 Winnebego Adventurer). I've got as far as the directv icon floating around on my tv screen, but no picture? Are there any settings on the unit on the roof that need to be set before it will operate correctly?

GreggTracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
If you're getting the DirecTV icon on the screen, then you're looking at the screen saver from the DTV receiver. Did you try hitting the Menu button on the front panel of the receiver at that point? It's possible the remote is mis-programmed and not working properly.

2008 King Aire 4562, Spartan K3(GT) w/ Cummins ISX, Motosat HD-SL5 w/ SWM-8, Multiswitch, HR34 Genie
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L V8 Hemi w/ Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and baseplate, SMI Air Force One brake
FlyingDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #3

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Make sure the dish type is set to round. Set to round, 1 LNB if you just have one connection, round, 2 LNB if you have a DVR or TiVO, or have multiple receivers on a multi-switch. My King Dome works great.
SSgt. Richard L Ray, USAF (Retired) - Laura L Ray
Our second home is a vintage 1995 Jayco Eagle 277RB 'The Love Shack"
towed by a 2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab short bed "The Green Goblin"

W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Agree - what you are seeing is the receiver connection to the tv. The dome hasn't found the satellite yet, of if it has, the programming hasn't downloaded to the receiver.

Is there a power switch for the King Dome somewhere? Maybe a dome control button to activate the search for the proper satellite (normally 101)? Does the dome have a clear view of the southern sky? Any of these could be reasons the satellite transmission is not being picked up.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by GreggTracy
I have recently subscribed to direct tv and I'm trying to get it to work in my RV(2009 Winnebego Adventurer). I've got as far as the directv icon floating around on my tv screen, but no picture? Are there any settings on the unit on the roof that need to be set before it will operate correctly?
If I haven't used mine in a while, I sometimes have to call Directv to get them to send the signal.
2011 Winnebago Adventurer 35P
Towing a 2014 Jeep Rubicon 4 Door with a Can Am Maverick XRS 1000 SXS behind the Jeep.
Old Dude 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On mine a trac-vision turn on DT and select set-up press select, boy I have to think as I dont have the screen to look at, I think then select satalite, then signal meter , then turn dish on and let it search. I put my transponder on 19 as thats what a tech told me. On mine I might have to push the reset a couple times and bingo the signal meter goes up and a few minutes later TV. I don't know how yours actually works but I bet it is sort of the same. If I didn't help you any at least I got you totally confused. I tried at least. I have called mine names other than the manufacture at times,so don't feel bad if it takes a few times to figure it out.
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP3569 330 CAT - Toad Jeep Liberty, DW is the Nagivator. Work to travel and everything revolves around the price of diesel.
rvjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have a 9704 and I have used it with previously with Direct TV and now with Dish.

The 9704 comes with a single button or double button controller. Mine has the single button.

Set up the Ant IAW the 9704 manual. The KD must be programmed to lock on the SAT you want. It comes from the factory in a single SAT Direct TV mode.

So use the controller to lock on to the SAT. Then use setup on the rec to get the signal.

Since I went to Dish I had to order the 1844 controller that is is mentioned in the manual and I use it to program to the Dish Sats. It is also a trouble shooting tool. The reason I initally got it was because The KD quit. With the 1844 it was easy to see it lost programming. With the 1844 I can use also use it to set up on east or west coast SATS depending on my location.

Good Luck

98 Endeavor DP, ISB275
RX300, Falcon II hitch, BB Vantage Select
VMSpc, 2002 Grey Ford Powerstroke
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote