Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #1

Koni Shocks Adjustment, who can do it in Vegas?

Passing Vegas, like to get Koni shocks adjusted - it bounces on bumps and highway like wanting to toss me out of ceiling. Called a few RV/truck service centers, it appears none of them have done it. Anyone knows an experienced mechanic in this area?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Koni Shocks

Here are a couple of options. Had service once at Johny Walkers and was happy.

Johhny Walkers RV Center
4784 Boulder Hwy.
Las Vegas
702-436-2495

Findlay RV
4530 Boulder Hwy
Las Vegas
702-435-2500

Apache RV Service
8050 S. Arville St. #107
Las Vegas 89139
702-534-0400

There is a Camping World in Vegas, but they deal in Bilstiens, so don't think it would be the place to go.

Good luck!

Darryl
desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #3

Thanks Darryl! I called Johnny Walker and Apache RV, both of them said they don't work on Chassis. I will try Findley
Old 06-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
Passing Vegas, like to get Koni shocks adjusted - it bounces on bumps and highway like wanting to toss me out of ceiling. Called a few RV/truck service centers, it appears none of them have done it. Anyone knows an experienced mechanic in this area?
It's a pretty easy process. I'm assuming you have the orange Koni adjustable shocks? All you have to do is remove the bottom shock mount and can adjust it with the top mount still connected. I would call a mobile mechanic and have then come to you. I haven't used any in Vegas but have seen the vans. Koni should have the instructions on their website. As long as the person is handy and has some tools it shouldn't take long. It took me about 10 minutes per shock to adjust. Do you know what setting it's on?
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crah View Post
It's a pretty easy process. I'm assuming you have the orange Koni adjustable shocks? All you have to do is remove the bottom shock mount and can adjust it with the top mount still connected. I would call a mobile mechanic and have then come to you. I haven't used any in Vegas but have seen the vans. Koni should have the instructions on their website. As long as the person is handy and has some tools it shouldn't take long. It took me about 10 minutes per shock to adjust. Do you know what setting it's on?
yes, it's the orange koni shock absorber. i am not sure what setting it is on, but it's just way too soft. with my toad on it feels better, otherwise it just keeps bouncing...
i read the instruction on koni's website. removing the bottom requires jacking up the body, i am assuming in normal position the coil is compressed/collapsed, correct? how to raise the body is a challenge to me i guess...
Old 06-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #6

i was under the rig to do the trick, well, the lower retaining nuts seem to be easy to take out but the different koni's between front and rear made me wonder if my front are adjustable - the front is not orange color, a yellowish/gold color; and the rear is orange color. here are the shots:

koni shocks at front:

koni shocks at rear:

question: is the front koni's the type that can be adjusted? i will attempt to diy, but want to make sure i am doing what can be done without messing things up.

any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:31 PM   #7

Quote:
i was under the rig to do the trick, well, the different koni's between front and rear made me wonder if mine are adjustable. first, the front is not orange color, a yellowish/gold color; and the rear is orange color. here are the shots:

koni shocks at front:

koni shocks at rear:

question: is the front koni's adjustable? i will tempt to diy, but want to make sure i am doing what can be done without messing things up.

any thoughts are appreciated.
The gold ones the 5 he Koni FSDs and cannot be adjusted. The orange shock is the adjustable shock. To adjust the orange shock you loosen the bottom shock mount and compress the shock completely. Once compressed, by twisting the shock you will feel it catch or lock. Turn clockwise to tighten. I have mine in the tightest/firmest position.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by crah View Post
The gold ones the 5 he Koni FSDs and cannot be adjusted. The orange shock is the adjustable shock. To adjust the orange shock you loosen the bottom shock mount and compress the shock completely. Once compressed, by twisting the shock you will feel it catch or lock. Turn clockwise to tighten. I have mine in the tightest/firmest position.
the gold ones are in front, that are what i wanted to adjust, as bouncing is mostly felt in front. i heard koni's has lifetime warranty, i might contact koni for replacements.

good to know the rear ones can be adjusted. while i was under there, i noticed the dual tires have to come out so to access shocks. that i can't do; have to go pros.

big thanks craig!!
Old 06-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm getting ready to have new Koni shocks installed on my MH. According to Koni the rear shocks are FSDs and the front are adjustable.

Koni for Spartan MM with 14,600 IFS

I suppose my big question is if I just shouldn't set the front adjustment to the stiffest or at least next to stiffest?
Old 06-29-2014, 03:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
I'm getting ready to have new Koni shocks installed on my MH. According to Koni the rear shocks are FSDs and the front are adjustable.

Koni for Spartan MM with 14,600 IFS

I suppose my big question is if I just shouldn't set the front adjustment to the stiffest or at least next to stiffest?
looks like yours is just opposite to my arrangement - mine is front fsd and rear adjustable, per colors per craig.

i read a few on this board that some people set it at the hardest/stiffest and they are happy. i would like to set that way.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:23 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
looks like yours is just opposite to my arrangement - mine is front fsd and rear adjustable, per colors per craig....
What Chassis is your coach on?
Old 06-29-2014, 06:29 PM   #12

dynomax isc series. it's country coach proprietary.

Tags
gas, koni, shocks