Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #1

Kudos to Speedco

We stopped at Speedco #319 today in Casa Grande, Arizona for scheduled maintenance. I was greeted and directed to pull my motorhome alongside the service bays. The big rig trucks enter from the rear, but they wanted me to enter opposite once the bay opened up. This is due to my Cummins ISL being located in the rear of our coach versus the front engine tractor rigs, placing my engine over the drain area of the pit.

Once I entered the bay, they encouraged me to observe the work performed. They showed me the dipstcick several times as they filled the crankcase with Delo 400 and verified the oil fill and replaced the oil filter with a new Fleetguard. They wanted me to see and hear the torque wrench applied to the oil pan drain plug. They did the same when they verified the differential lube level. They measured tread depth and tire pressure. They lubed the chassis.

To top it off, I asked to have my generator fuel filter replaced (I had an Onan replacement filter) which they performed at no charge.

I finished with a used oil analysis and was on my way in about an hour total time. Excellent service!

Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2015, 09:20 PM   #2

Good to hear. I need to get down there this month to lube the chassis. I did my own oil for the first and last time a couple of weeks ago. What a PITA! I was wondering how RV friendly they were at that location. Seems that some of the Speedcos vary.

Did you contact them in advance?

Old 01-06-2015, 05:51 AM   #3

I also use the Speedco service and have had the identical experience. They do not take reservations, however, I have never had to wait more than 30 minutes for service. They do not service the Allison transmission, however, can check the levels and add fluid if necessary.

2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38F
2013 Scion XB toad

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-06-2015, 06:57 AM   #4

Speedco is quick and cheap and you can stay in the bay and watch/ make sure they do what they are supposed to.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:38 AM   #5

Be sure to give a review on this web site as well.

RV Service Reviews
AKJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #6

Like jtermini30 said, no reservations. I waited less than 10 minutes before I pulled into the stall. Not only are you allowed to watch the work, they ask you to observe as they torque the drain plugs and check the oil level.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:18 PM   #7

I took my former Dolphin Class A to Speedco a few times for lubrication of my Workhorse gas chassis. They don't service gas engines, but were happy to do the lube job, and they were usually faster and more convenient for that than any dealer or RV shop, and cheaper too.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:28 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
look like they should build one here in the philly area. nearest to here is Harrisburg pa or Richmond VA. both a long ride
Old 01-06-2015, 05:03 PM   #9

I drive 4 hours to the nearest speedco.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:35 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I used Speedco in Denver for the first time before heading south for the winter. Got there before they opened on a Sunday morning. I the bay first and out in under an hour. They did the oil change in the engine and genny. I gave them my Wix filters to use and they did the rest. The prices were great and there's Rotella in all the right places. Sure beats doing it in my driveway. I did a full lube on the chassis last spring so that will remain on my to-do list when I get back to CO.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:17 AM   #11

Just got service at Speedco in Aurora Oregon. The usual excellent service at a reasonable price .... Rotella oil, Baldwin fuel/oil/coolant filters, lube, fluid level checks in differential and steering, and tire pressure adjustments for just under $300 including environmental fee.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:55 AM   #12

I store my DP just off that exit and have been wanting to hear someone's thoughts on that Speedco. It is good to hear that they did such a great job.
Any chance you have used the truck wash at that exit too? They (Truck Washes in general) make me a bit nervous and I just haven't had the guts to try it! I will be using the Speedco now as that is $100 cheaper than Freightliner down the highway a bit and it sounds like it is much faster!
Old 07-15-2016, 06:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobster View Post
...They (Truck Washes in general) make me a bit nervous and I just haven't had the guts to try it!

Why? What is there to be afraid of?

Blue Beacon is your friend. I've had them wash our coach scores of times. No problems.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobster View Post
I store my DP just off that exit and have been wanting to hear someone's thoughts on that Speedco. It is good to hear that they did such a great job.
Any chance you have used the truck wash at that exit too? They (Truck Washes in general) make me a bit nervous and I just haven't had the guts to try it! I will be using the Speedco now as that is $100 cheaper than Freightliner down the highway a bit and it sounds like it is much faster!
Haven't tried the truck wash.

I called ahead at Speedco ... they don't make appointments but will tell you the best time to bring the RV. Park to the side, walk in, and they will hold a bay open when it empties so you can drive it in from the front (opposite of normal truck). Nice folks ... they don't know exactly where filters are located on specific RVs but they don't fool around ... they ask you where stuff is. For instance, my filters are behind a removable cover under the battery access door. I opened the hatch, pointed ... done.

BTW, if you want spare filters, theirs are as cheap as you can find (for quality filters).