Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2014, 07:17 PM   #1

Kwikee step motor

Does anyone know of an alternate to kwikee step motor no. 1010002326? The plastic internal gear is worn/stripped to the point that it can't hold the weight of the step. It is on a 2011 Winnebago Vista, but I imagine it is also on other coaches with two steps. The dealer price is over $200 and the local Auto Zone could not find a match. The label on the motor does not have a mfr name. Any help appreciated.
trafman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Seems I remember others saying the Kwikee motors are Ford late model Taurus driver door window motors. Do you have it out to physically take to the parts store?...might help with the match up. That part number may be a Kwikee part number that won't cross at any parts store but mentioning the Ford Taurus might give them a starting point. Good luck.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #3

Also, there is this: Kwikee RV Entry Step Motor 1101428 | eBay

Or call This lister. I have done business with them. Fast shipping, good parts
Old 04-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The motor is an 89 Taurus driver side power front window motor. Auto Zone $49.95 You will need the plug off of your current motor. Take your motor with you and make sure it is the same one.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #5

I had a failure of my Kwikee motor on my exterior steps. I did an autopsy on it and the motor was fine. It was the transmission and after finding the weak spot that gave way, I took it to a metal-fabrication shop and they were able to spot-weld the piece together and it has worked just fine since. Take the motor and transmission with it out and take it apart to see what gave way. Mine was a cheap plastic part that is now welded together. By the way, it cost $30.00 for the weld!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #6

There's a lot of good info in the link below:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/chan...ew-151231.html

I copied these sources from a post made in 2012. I don't have the original source of the info, but hopefully some of this info may help:

" 1) AM Equipment 402 E. Hazel St Jefferson, OR 97352, (541) 327-1546 the motor is $29 plus $7 shipping.

2) Replacement step motor at AutoZone. It's a Siemens "Window Lift Motor", part number WL43003.

3) Autozone. The brand is "Siemens"
The ID tag lists the following numbers:
59720-20
4) A 1986-1995 Ford Taurus left front window lift motor matched my motor. NAPA part # BK655-1395 $63.99 I ordered my motor from Auto-Zone Manufactured by Dorman part# 742-206. This has a lifetime Warranty and was $49.99. "

Fred
Old 04-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #7

Thank you to all that responded. I had done a fair amount of online research prior to my post and will summarize it in case others find themselves in the same situation.

Most Kwikee steps use the same motor which is p/n 1101428. This is likely the one that was also used in the Ford Taurus. My step uses a different motor and that is why I made the initial post.

Further digging shows the mfr's number on mine (300-1457) matches the style of numbers used on Stromberg Carlson steps which are made by Lippert Components Inc according to their website. They steps use a similar looking motor with the number being 300-1406. Since their motor appears to mount slightly differently, I am hesitant to order one even though it is about $100 less than the Kwikee part. I was not able to find a motor with the same number as mine at either Stromberg or Lippert which is a bummer as I am sure it is out there.
trafman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by trafman View Post

Most Kwikee steps use the same motor which is p/n 1101428. This is likely the one that was also used in the Ford Taurus. My step uses a different motor and that is why I made the initial post.
trafman
When my step motor failed my smarter than me son correctly concluded: "RV step makers don't make their own motors... they use a readily available inexpensive motor".

Take your old motor to any auto parts store and compare it to the $40-$50 power window motors that others have suggested.

BTW either of these fit and work in my Kwikee:
Cardone p/n 42-309, (rebuilt)
ACI p/n 83094, (new)

Good luck!

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:31 AM   #9

Question kwikee steps

does anyone know where to get step motor parts. Ineed a new motor part # 1510000147 new part # might be 1010002326. It is for Revolution series steps. Kwikee uses made in China parts with plastic gears instead of metal gears
bannon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:44 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Not sure on the part number but this may be some help.
Quote:
On many Kwikee steps, the motor is the same as the driver's-door electric window motor on a 1996 Ford Taurus.
See this for more info Bob's Guides | Electric Steps

We had ours freeze and shear off the bolts on the gear housing but the motor still works. An ease-out, vice grips and some new bolts fixed that.

Might want to see if you can get a moderator to move this thread to "general" or somewhere to get more exposure.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:55 AM   #11

If u found a motor I need one also.Can u give me the info if u did find a good source for the motor. thanks
bannon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
Not sure on the part number but this may be some help. See this for more info Bob's Guides | Electric Steps

We had ours freeze and shear off the bolts on the gear housing but the motor still works. An ease-out, vice grips and some new bolts fixed that.

Might want to see if you can get a moderator to move this thread to "general" or somewhere to get more exposure.

very good video thank you for posting the url. My steps still work and I found the video good source material for future reference if they stop. In addition. I also agree with his reference to quick lube. I have never heard of it before I bought an RV now I use it on everything. Some of the best lubricant I have ever used in a spray can.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #13

My step isn't working. Stuck in the up position. I removed the cotter pin and lowered the step, removed the old motor and bench tested it. It works fine on a 12v battery? What now?
Old 08-17-2014, 05:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Either of these power widow motors, (which I got at anAdvance Auto Parts store), fit and work in my Kwikee:
Cardone p/n 42-309, (rebuilt)
ACI p/n 83094, (new)
Mel
'96 Safari
Note:
Those power window motors are exact replacements for the motor in my 1996 "2 step" Kwikee steps, (and possibly for may other year 2 step Kwikees).
Take your old motor to any auto parts store and compare it to those power window motors or to those others have suggested.
Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kwikee, steps