Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-06-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
Kwikee step motor for 2000 Phaeton

Need to replace my step motor; steps will not come out unless you tap on the motor. Number on motor is 5973820 and the steps are series 32 Kwikee steps. They were manufactured in 1999. Can anyone shed light on where I can purchase a new or used motor. Jim

jim lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #2
Most folks use an automotive window motor. Here is a collection of part numbers that various poster's have used over the years: I hope this helps.

Kwikee step motor replacement - 86-95 Taurus LF window motor NAPA BK665-1395, AutoZone Dorman 742-206

Some readers have taken the old motor to the auto wreckers and matched up with a used one.

Ford part E9SB6323394AB ford 87-88 tbird 87-88 cougar 88-93 lincon contenintal

Dorman 742-211 This works with my motor assembly 9504
Replacement step motor at AutoZone. It's a Siemens "Window Lift Motor", part number WL43003.
Autozone. The brand is "Siemens"
The ID tag lists the following numbers:

Just replaced my 25 series Kwikee step motor with a Dorman 742-277 window lift motor for a 1986 Ford Taurus driver side window lift motor. They said the Taurus had a high torqe motor which is why the number ends with 277 meaning high torqe. My steps zip in and out with this motor application. It was a special order item but only took one day for them to get it to my local AutoZone store.

"One Reader reported" Yours may need the Drivers side motor, but in case it's wrong try the Passenger side. Be sure to have your motor in hand when you order your new motor, or a very good photo.
Anyway we are looking at either the Dorman 742-211/Driver side, or the 742-210/ Passenger side.

Fred & Vicki
Richmond Hill, Ga
2000 H.R.Endeavor/Freightliner/330 Cat
Fred Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #3
Fleetwood Owners Club
Go on e-bay you will find the right motor .
Happy Travel
evesely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:05 PM   #4
That motor is the same motor ford uses and is about $45 through any auto parts store.
George & Jerri
06 GT 340TSSE
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:45 PM   #5
Thanks everyone for quick responses. Jim
jim lynch is offline   Reply With Quote