Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-05-2016, 09:44 AM   #1
Kwikee Step Motor Replacement

I own a 2006 National Dolphin 5335 gas model with a Ford V-10 engine and I am having problems with my Kwikee steps. I have checked all grounds and connections and I think I need a new step motor. I have pulled the old motor but cannot find any part number on it and would like to ask if anyone else knows where I can find a replacement motor.

dlduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2016, 09:54 AM   #2
I have read that the motor on some Kwikee steps use the same motor as some Ford Taurus electric windows.

Try this string.
kwikee step motor

Paul & Ann Iowa
2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J
PJStough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:44 PM   #3
Pull your motor off and take it to your local auto parts store (I found NAPA to be real good at this) and let them match it, it is a window motor from a few differant ford products and will cost somewhere around $45 opposed to $145 through kwikee.
George & Jerri
06 GT 340TSSE
jergeod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:56 PM   #4
Triple E Owners Club
Or......... Depending on the condition of your steps, if you have the series 32 double step you can get the entire setup for only $280 on amazon right now.
1999 Triple E Commander 3503FS on 20,500 F53.
RodK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #5
Tiffin Owners Club
If you have the motor out you can put 12 volts to it and see if it works. I have had mine fail to open a couple of time and the gears were jamming. After I removed the motor and freed it up it worked when I reinstalled it.
dabrooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:23 PM   #6
Make sure that all the moving parts associated with the steps and motor linkage are lubricated, just not the step hinges. I have found this to be the problem with mine. I did end up replacing the motor, bought it at Camping World while on a trip. Only problem is it didn't come with a new gear for the motor and mine is pretty worn. Still working OK though.
dnrainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:49 PM   #7
Fleetwood Owners Club
Bob's Guides | Electric Steps
2005 Discovery 39s Cat C7 330hp, AF1 brakes,
2013 Silverado Crew Cab Toad, Blue Ox Towbar
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:58 AM   #8
Winnebago Owners Club
yes, the motor is one of several common automotive electric window motors. They bought the excess production stuff so they do vary a bit. Remove it and hit the parts stores for a number. Then you should be able to order online for 20 to 30% less. good luck

that bob's guide is a great primer!
May your black water hose never break!
lonfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:31 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Here is what I found - motor fits 96 ford Taurus and some lincoln's - Napa # BK655-1395 - Dorman 742-206 Seimans WL43003 - and the one I got and works perfect is from O-Riley auto Cardone 42-306 ( had to splice wires on new motor from old ) - Also you can buy the plastic spacer blocks that break Dorman help parts 74410 - found them at Amazon. Good Luck
Dave and Suzy, Quincey and Chica
My two youngest in Coast Guard
2006 Monaco Knight 40ft
2012 Jeep Liberty
docsdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:16 PM   #10
My motor works fine it is the "transmission" that is bad. It will go up and down but with major hesitation.
rambler62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:51 PM   #11
I thought I needed a motor, took the old one apart, cleaned it good and lubed all the grease points, put it back together. also used needle nose pliers and tweaked the 2 prongs where the socket plugs to motor, and installed motor. that has been three years, and still working good. So now have a spare motor, that I hope I never need.

H.B. & Deb. Molly(spoiled Shih Tzu) , 06 Pace Arrow ,36D full slide , electric jacks , 04 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox Aventa II , 97 Harley Heritage.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote

ace, kwikee, replace, replacement