Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #1

Lack of an outdoor outlet!?!?!?

I have a new to me 2008 Forest River Georgetown 373DS and I went to plug in my compressor to check the tire pressures and I do not have an outdoor outlet. I opened all the compartments and zilch! Is this common to this particular model?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2017, 02:36 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Check carefully in curbside compartments, that's where 120v outlets are often placed. If your refrigerator has an icemaker, you might be able to open the fridge vent on the outside and find a 120v outlet inside there. According to your compressor size, it might be safer to just use the pedestal outlet rather than running it through the RV breaker panel. Of course, if you want to use the generator to power the compressor, you'll have to use the breaker panel.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:01 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Usually in the first storage area after the door, or the one that the outside TV hookup is will have an electric outlet. It may be on the floor or on the roof of the storage area. There should also be a sot in the floor of the storage area to pass thru an electric cable.
I'm not saying they all have it but all the ones I've looked at have had one.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:00 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mine have always been on the roof of a lower compartment to avoid moisture and for ease in installation. Look up.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:05 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Don't know where it would be on that rig. I have an outlet in a storage bay on the curbside, and another one just inside the door on the side of the console near the floor. Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:00 AM   #6

I have a tow behind Toy Hauler and when I bought it, there was only one recept. outside....at the front of the trailer. I bought the material needed and added one at the rear of the trailer on the same side. It you are somewhat handy and comfortable doing electrical work, it's not a very expensive thing to do. If you do decide to do it, make sure that you have the properly size wire and always use a GFCI for any outdoor recept AND a weatherproof cover for it. I ran 12/4 rubber cord from the breaker panel and under the trailer, but above the Coroplast and then used a 20A GFCI recept. and weatherproof cover.
xrated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds like it's time for a 50 foot extension cord.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #8
WDW

Batteries not included. [emoji23]
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:18 PM   #9

When I first bought my Storm I looked for the outside plug. I figured there just wasn't one. The first time we used the MH I stretched an extension cord from the pedestal, under the MH and out under the front steps. Then I got the bright idea maybe the plug was underneath the MH somewhere. I crawled underneath and found an opening with the little plastic fingers just like the opening for the shore power cord and the water hose. I opened the compartment above the opening and lo-and-behold there was a double outlet on the ceiling of the compartment high and dry. You can't see it unless you poke your head inside the compartment.
This compartment is the second one rearward of the door on the passenger's side of the coach.
I'm sure you have one, you just have to look around for it.
Don't give up.
Lynn
Old 11-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
X2. Look for a access hole with sliding cover on the floor of one of your basement compartments. There will be an duplex AC outlet in that compartment above the access hole somewhere. Note it will be one of the GFCI protected circuits in your RV if GFCI test and reset buttons not built right into that outlet.

Or, another possibility is if you have a locking door that has outdoor entertainment radio etc. behind it there may be an outlet in there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:09 AM   #11

What messed me up was I had put a large garbage bag on the floor of the compartment where the plug was so the plug was covered up. The bag was to protect the compartment floor from anything I missed cleaning my Roadtrip grill as it was this compartment I stowed the grill away in. I did this soon after I brought my MH home and before I had looked for the outlet.
Lynn
Old 11-23-2017, 10:27 PM   #12

On my 1999 Dutch Star, I have two in the Driver-side electrical compartment toward the top; one in the curb-side compartment where our freezer plugs in; , but on the SIDE of the bay, and one on one of the back curbside bays near the corner where the wall meets the ceiling.

After I had the DS for THREE YEARS, I discovered one under the passenger side of the DASH. In my defense, it was in the dark, painted BLACK and up against a black painted board. But I STILL felt really stupid.

I point these out just to say that they might be in really odd places, and really odd situations.

Keep Looking!
MikeandClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:21 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Look at this link,, 2008 Forest River Georgetown 373DS Motorhome : Reviews, Prices and Specs : RV Guide

Scroll down, to the electrical, third from the bottom it says exterior plugs= standard!
So you have them, just have to look! Rail!
Old 11-26-2017, 08:37 PM   #14

I found one so far.

I found one outlet in the compartment where the TV cable goes in. Up and to the left. I had to stick my head in the compartment and look back in order to see it. There might be more if I crawl around in the compartments more. Thanks to all.

Tags
outlet