Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2015, 06:30 PM   #43

I use the drawers under my dinette for pantry items

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2015, 09:30 PM   #44

where do you people come up with the words that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject. It so happens I was looking to buy a NEW diesel pusher, money has nothing to do with the fact that the storage in these new units is pitiful. I was disappointed in everything I looked at. Someday I may find one that is made to what a woman wants, engineers just don't know how to organize. Sorry if it looked like I was looking down on anyone, I wasn't.

Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:35 PM   #45

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
Speaking about storage -- It still amazes me how many coaches are built without a pantry, or some other designated place to store food. (Ours included).
That's one of the first things we look for. I could put a larger refer in our present MH but I'd have to take out the pantry and that's a BIG no no from the DW! But, then we eat out most of the time!! Every year we go though and take out the expired or almost expired stuff and we buy new, then eat out most of the time again!
Our present DSDP still has empty drawers (after 12 years) or stuffed with stuff we've never used just to keep what we do need from shifting around. I've got at least 6 chairs, some are the folding plastic ones that take up a lot of room, got a patio mat that I haven't used in several years, tools that I MIGHT need, gallons of extra fluids like oil and antifreeze, some for the main engine and some for the gen. Just pulled all the cooking stuff in for the DW to go through and take out what we don't need. Removed the two CRT TV's so now the space behind the new LCD and LED TV's is open for storage. Also, just found that the "nightstands" have space that's blocked off that I can open up for more storage alongside the bed.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:56 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Lack of space in new motorhomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
We were in town the other day and looking at new and used motorhomes, I mean sometimes you get the urge. I was amazed to see that the new rigs concentrate on pretty floors and cabinets and furniture. We are fulltimers and the lack of storage amazed me, tiny cabinets, were abundant. We have a 2006 holiday rambler endeavor and have huge cabinets, about 18 inches deep all through the coach. It is important to have all that storage space and is why we bought this unit. My head is not turned by fancy anything, and how often do you have company in your rig to show off. We are outdoors folk, that is why we camp. I guess I am too practical for look nice things with no practicality. Most of the new rigs have a dishwasher, most of my friends use that for storage. Just wanted to vent. Thanks

Not sure what you're looking at but my 2011 40' model has tons and tons of storage - huge deep cabinets -I couldn't fill it all if I wanted to. Big pantry and lots of other storage also.

I don't have or need a dishwasher, but I use the washer/dryer combo a lot.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:17 PM   #47
NRF

Monaco Owners Club
When we had the two big hurricane run-aways (Rita & Ike), we filled the MH up (at that time, a 34' Southwind) with everything that was truly important to us. We have a 3500 sq.ft. S&B house with oil paintings, Living/dining/bedroom items along with personal things & mementos that we "love". Turns out, in our haste to leave - none of those things were even given a second thought. Cabinets inside were mostly empty. Leads us to believe that what we need is quite a bit less than what we have. Our current 36 ft Cayman has more storage than the Southwind by just a little bit. Cabinets are deeper. Maybe could use another drawer in the kitchen if we lived in it for more than a month at a time. Closet could be a bit small, but manageable. Underneath storage with 1 pass-through could be improved. It is full there, but again, manageable for our shorter term usage. For full-timing, 3 large pass they storage bays should be sufficient and a walk-in closet would hit the spot. I would still keep the washer/dryer and would then opt for the dishwasher, too!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:31 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
This is just another "I want to justify what I own thread".

Everyone has different wants and needs. Be happy with what you have without trying to downgrade what others have. Easy peasy.
X2...Everyone buys what they need to meet their needs and likes, we don't full time but we go on long trips and still haven't found a way to fill all our storage areas. And ours is very spacious and comfortable inside, I'd rather be more comfortable than my pots and pans are.
Mike and Cha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
We seem to have lots of space. If we had more space we would carry more stuff. I went through a cabinet the other day and found stuff I did not know we needed - but we have it.

I would use the excuse of less space in the new ones if DW was complaining we need a new coach cause we are out of space in the one we have.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
The whole premise of this thread is a generalization that doesn't hold up. Each floorplan is different and has different storage, even in the same brand and model of coach. We have enormous storage in our coach, much of it is empty. I have friends with the same model but a different floorplan who have fewer and smaller cabinets. Each floor plan must be evaluated on its own, and you can't generalize. If you want spacious storage on a new coach, you can find it.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:41 AM   #51

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
One problem with a total volume measurement is that it doesn't address usability. I'd prefer to have a few large cabinets over a whole bunch of little ones, for example.

As for choosing between windows and storage, I'll say again that it's possible to have both. My website has some photos that show the interior, and while I'm not willing to measure each cabinet, you can get a good idea of their size and number from the photos.

DEBCAR RV Information

The cabinets along the ceiling on the passenger side are 2 feet deep, and the inside is open for the entire 18 feet. The mirrored doors near the kitchen are for a pantry that is over a foot deep. You can kind of figure out the rest.

And yet they still managed to put in a lot of big windows.
Wow!

I went to your site, and first, I have seen several similar models and was impressed with the huge windows. But WOW!!! what a great design for your bedroom/office! ... without carving workspace out of your living area!

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:36 PM   #52

We were at Newmar factory a little while back, while looking over a coach, we noticed the overhead cabinets were smaller.

As we talked to Michelle Howard about that, she said people wanted it that way. Then she reminded me they would make them what ever size I wanted and that reminded me why we bought a Newmar.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Hello Everyone;
We seem to be talking about storage or lack thereoff but no one seems to quantify what they mean be not enough, lots, shallow, deep, etc.

How much is that is cubic feet so we can actually compare numbers rather than our interpretation of a word? Even if the volume is estimated it would help.
Another engineer heard from. How many cubic feet of storage do you have?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
very well said campin cajun- was reading these and thought the same thing- owners of these older coaches seem to want to down knock new probably because they don't own new.
You've managed to turn this post into snobbery.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:48 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
"My head is not turned by anything fancy" How about the red Corvette you are towing, that looks kinda fancy. I like your attitude and your simple unassuming toad.
This quote sounds nasty. Yes, my 13 yr old Corvette has been customized to my tastes. I bought it 6 yrs old and won many trophies at car shows. I was a car dealer and only drove luxury cars, not suv or p/u. I can well afford new but not interested as the car and MH take a beating as we f/t. I'm a car guy, not a MH guy.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:50 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
No problem. Plenty of storage in a Corvette.
You'd be amazed at the trunk size.

Tags
motorhome, motorhomes