Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2012, 03:20 AM   #15
YC1

My little giant ladders are fantastic. Steady and you can climb either side, turn them into scaffolding, and they work in many places ordinary ladders don't. I wish they were lighter though. The 6 footer is what I need because my RV is very tall. It makes an A frame that goes up to about 9 feet. If I open it up it is about 22 ft long. I have been trying to dream up a way to hang it on the rear ladder all day.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2012, 04:34 AM   #16

I bought the following Cosco articulating ladder from Kmart, shipped free. Fits nicely in rear bay and can be either a 6' step or 13' extension.

Cosco Home and Office Products ARTICULATING LADDER 13 FT - Tools - Garage Organization & Shelving - Ladders
Old 10-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Been RVing pretty steady for 7 years spending months away from home. Have never carried or needed one. The one time I needed to get on the roof to fix a vent, the RV ladder worked as advertized If I ever needed one, I would borrow Zippo's (I like steady ladders too).
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post
This is also the ladder I carry. It takes up little space and works as good as a regular step ladder. I am a clean window fanatic. We take lots of pictures and videos, nothing ruins a picture worse than bug splatters.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #19

Having a ladder with us saved us a lot of grief one day. The lady manged to flip the lock on the entry door lock as she was closing it. Having that ladder allowed us (her!) to open and crawl through a window we had not locked....

We use the sturdy folding (4 section, 7'/17') ladder as well.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler
This is also the ladder I carry. It takes up little space and works as good as a regular step ladder. I am a clean window fanatic. We take lots of pictures and videos, nothing ruins a picture worse than bug splatters.
The one we bought can be climbed from either side but otherwise the same ladder.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #21

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
I carry a 7' GPLogistics folding ladder... Really cool two-sided folding ladder... Folds into a 6"X6"X7' package yet will hold 350 lbs.... CW sells it for around $200 but I found it on line for $129.... It's really great... Better than having to deal with an actual step-ladder....
I'm hoping I'm wrong and you're right, ernest, but if you have a folding ladder that folds to 6" X 6" X 7' and it can hold 350 lbs then this 260 lb Rver needs to go buy one. All I've ever seen in that style are 225 lb limited.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
You win the cigar.... I went and checked and it is rated for 225 lbs... My bad... Guess you had better stay off this one....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #23

Nor'easters Club
ernest, I really thought you hit a home run there. Maybe someday they will consider the "larger" person when they design this stuff. I shudder to think of the people that don't check the weight ratings of these devices before they climb up on them.......
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51
Been RVing pretty steady for 7 years spending months away from home. Have never carried or needed one. The one time I needed to get on the roof to fix a vent, the RV ladder worked as advertized If I ever needed one, I would borrow Zippo's (I like steady ladders too).
We've been FT for almost 2 years and I've needed a step ladder maybe once or twice. Just walk through the CG until I find someone with a really premo ladder & borrow-it... return it with a couple beers and this seems to work pretty good!

Seriously, we have telescoping washing tools a rear ladder for the roof....what does everyone "do" with these step ladders they drag around?
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #25
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
RVRon.....I was 315 and now I'm down to 285. I've been using the CW folding ladder for 6 years. My BIL always laugh when he sees me climb to the second rung from the top and do my windshield.

I also bought the round sewer hose storage tube from Camping World and mounted it high on my pass thru bay side wall. The CW ladder slides right in. It's the same concept as Mr D's fence post, except the sewer storage tube has tabs on it that can be screwed into the wall.

**NOTE** My ladder (6 years old) was getting stiff and harder to fold. I pulled it out recently at home and sprayed it with 409, letting it soak for awhile. I rinsed it off and dried it. Once it was dry I sprayed all of the joints with SILICON spray. I wiped it off again and now it moves like new.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
I carry a 7' GPLogistics folding ladder... Really cool two-sided folding ladder... Folds into a 6"X6"X7' package yet will hold 350 lbs.... CW sells it for around $200 but I found it on line for $129.... It's really great... Better than having to deal with an actual step-ladder....
Hey Ernest. Did you buy from ATG Hand & Powertool website? I see they have the 7' folding ladder for $129 and free shipping. That's the best price I have found online, so I placed an order today.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
We've been FT for almost 2 years and I've needed a step ladder maybe once or twice. Just walk through the CG until I find someone with a really premo ladder & borrow-it... return it with a couple beers and this seems to work pretty good!

Seriously, we have telescoping washing tools a rear ladder for the roof....what does everyone "do" with these step ladders they drag around?
We have the snap-on type windshield sun shade, so it's either carry a ladder or climb on the moho roof to fasten the top row of snaps. It also makes cleaning the windshield a bit easier.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan24601 View Post
I bought the 7' folding ladder at Quartzite last year and it works well. I should have added the top support so I will get it next Jan.
I ordered the ladder but not the top shelf thing. Do you really miss that? I think they are $24 on Amazon.