Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #1

Lambert LE-415 Battery Maintainer and Trace RC7 GS Question ???

Does the Lambert have anything to do with the inverter working or not? Here's what's going on in my bus. When I plug into shore power the Lambert starts to buzz and click. Does that mean that it needs replacing or could it be the solenoid that feeds the Lambert. I disconnect from shore power and run the generator and it doesn't buzz. I ran the genie for a couple hours last night then cut it off and hit the button for the inverter. The inverter came on. This morning I went out side and hit the inverter and it won't come on. The Trace RC7 GS panel is chirping. What does that mean? Thanks for any feed back...............Don

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #2

I take it back when I said that the RC7 controller isn't chirping when my generator is not running. I just started the generator and ran it for about 15 minutes and the whole time it was running it was chirping. Cut the genie off and it is still chirping. I hit the inverter button on the RC7 control panel and nothing happens. Pulled the panel and looked for loose wires and everything is good. What do you guys think is going on?

Old 06-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
The Lambert Battery Maintainer is just that, a Battery Maintainer. It will charge both battery banks when on shore power, generator power and alternator power.

Depending on which source is providing the power determines which battery bank charges first.

I will have to reread your posts to figure out what your problem with the inverter is and will re-post.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 06-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I am not quite sure what you mean by a BUZZING sound coming from the Lambert Battery Maintainer. Mine has never given off one little sound and it's been running 24/7 since December 2003.

You need to be more specific with the buzzing sound as to its source.

Now for the RC7-GS remote.

My RC7-GS remote and inverter are on 24/7. I never turn it off. That is so when I disconnect from shore power the inverter will instantaneously take over and supply 120 VAC to whatever I have plugged in and running such as clocks etc.

If I decide to run the generator, then the inverter goes into standby mode until the generator has been turned off. If I plug into shore power the inverter goes into standby mode again until I remove the shore power.

The first thing to check on your inverter is to make sure the CB's have not been accidentally tripped.

Can you provide anymore specific information regarding your inverter and what it does and what it doesn't do?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 06-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #5

Thanks Richard for the reply............this thing has really got me scratching my head. First, when the Lambert is trying to kick on (the green indicator lite) it will buzz and click and the green lite is blinking on and off also along with the buzzing and clicking that the Lambert is making. Finally, the green lite stays on solid and the clicking stops but there is a buzzing noise coming from the Lambert. I just took the cover off the inverter, looking for loose wire, bugs, water, whatever and checked the fuse before I put the cover back on. Everything looked good. The inside control panel for the RC7 is beeping/chirping 10 or 12 times continuously before it stops for a couple seconds then it repeats itself. Last night I could turn the inverter on from the panel, today I can not. I'm wondering if maybe the RC7 controller is bad.............heck I don't know, I'm just guessing
Old 06-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
I would try the master reset on the RC7.Unplug the telephone cable from it and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then plug it back in. If you can't get to the back of the RC7, unplug it at the inverter,
Old 06-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I had a similar problem with my Lambert maintainer clicking when on shore power. I had a power surge go through and it caused a variety of problems. I had to replace the isolater and a couple of other modules in that circuit. My problem started with the alternator failing. I also had a problem with the big 8 d starting battery. If the inverter worked right after shutting the genie off, then that means it is working. When left overnight and then it won't work I would say you may have a battery problem. The batteries may not be holding a charge and there is not enough power to start the inverter. That may be why it is chirping.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #8

Thanks, I'll look at the batteries again. I pulled them and did a load test and they checked out okay. But it won't hurt to put new ones in. It's about that time anyway.

Tags
battery