Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #15
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have driven through very heavy rains and actually turned the wipers off because the RainX did such a great job. Vision was improved without the wiper sloshing the water around. Mrchips probably had pretty good vision with the RainX.

Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away....and barefoot!

2015, HR Ambassador 38DBT / 2006 Jeep TJ Towd
340 Cummins / Freightliner Chassis
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
A mention and endorsement of RainX in the OP might have helped. I think many of us would just as soon avoid rain all together but sometimes can't be avoided. RainX does work. Home safe and sound and sorry to hear about the family. Thoughts are with you and if my memory is working - Congrats on daughters college admission! No harm - no foul. All the best.

Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #17
Winnebago Owners Club
Chief, I know Macon very well, My mother was born in Elmer, MO and I was born in Gifford, MO. My uncle (Famos B. McNeely) was Macon County assessor for many years.
1999 Winnebago Adventurer, Sam, Judy, Grand Daughter - Kenzie, 3 spoiled Pomeranians, Bella, Tinker and Aurora - 1 spoiled JR terrier, Mayzee - 1996 Ford Explorer, Sport 2 Door, 4 wheel drive, pulls 4 down like a dream.
Sam Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #18
American Coach Owners Club
Flagship1, no issues at all my friend. And I would have bet money I put rainx in my OP, but after going back and re-reading I see that I didn't. Hey, I tried to capture everything.....:-)
Command Master Chief (USCG, RET)
Full Timing in a 2007 American Coach Eagle 45H towing a 2015 Ford F150 4x4 hauling a 2015 Anniversary Edition Honda Goldwing
Mrchips is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #19
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by gacamp View Post
Wow! a couple of hours in hard rain without wipers, you are some kind of risk taker. Ever think of the other people on the road?

Give him a break. Im sure he sat in the passenger seat and drove like a mailman. Or stuck his head out the side window. cant you guys use your imagination
hanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, no comment on choice of service, but I do thank you for your service.

Just to rub it in, we just got back from about a 600 mile inclusive round trip and I got 9.6 mpg going, and on the way back we hit a 1 hour traffic jam on Beltway 8, West side of Houston heading Southbound and it dropped to 9.0, with a 340 hp ISB. You must be holding your foot wrong.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #21
American Coach Owners Club
Wayne, I won't comment on your service either, as judging by your avitar you picked the wrong one also.....LOL But I thank you for your service as well. All services served in are services served, and all are to be thanked.

What is your 340 in, that is some pretty good milage.
Command Master Chief (USCG, RET)
Full Timing in a 2007 American Coach Eagle 45H towing a 2015 Ford F150 4x4 hauling a 2015 Anniversary Edition Honda Goldwing
Mrchips is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
RainX works. I figured you might have been using it such that you could keep going.
fighterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #23
Freightliner Owners Club
Just finished 1048 mile trip down the Oregon coast. Windshield wipers worked great....still had two bottles of Rain X on board just in case. No toad, just bikes on the back rack. No breakdowns, no faulty parts, 9.8 MPG, and plenty of Tillamook cheese brought home.

02 Fleetwood Discovery 37U, 330 Cat pulling a 2006 diesel Liberty..or..2011 4dr Wrangler..or..20' Lund Salmon/Halibut Hunter
csrrsr is offline   Reply With Quote