Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I try to buy from them twice and both time they where higher than other dealers. John Bleakley RV was where I bought my first coach (2007 Monaco Dynasty) and Their service was top shelf. My second and current coach (2008 Monaco Signature)was bought from Carolina RV and nobody could touch their price on a brand new coach (had to order it). Lazydays wasn't even in the ball park on either of these coaches. They were $12,000 higher on the Dynasty and $50,000 higher on the Signature.

My advise to you is to shop around and bargin hard, this is still a buyer's market and you need to do your research before you buy.

Charles and Martha*2008 Monaco Signature
FMCA #F388752*GoodSam Life Member
2007 Ford Explorer - Toad
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2009, 12:00 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We bought a new coach from Lazy Days. We wouldn't buy anything there again. Once they have your money they just don't care about you. Sad but true.

I could tell you a story that would fill 2 pages on this forum, but I will spare you the details. If you want detalis - PM me.

The Great Dane
2007 Monaco Diplomat PAQ - 2007 Saturn Vue Honorary Texas Boomer
Living in Denmark - visiting the US whenever possible. www.winnebago.dk www.blog.retired.dk

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:09 PM   #17
We bought our 33 ft Suncruiser at Lazy Days. I felt like we got a good deal on the coach and on our trade in, but we had a real problem on the pre delivery inspection getting things fixed as promised. It ended up taking 42 days to get everything completed. There was nothing major, but we kept at it and finally got everything fixed. They did some really stupid things like we only needed a $5 bracket for the hood mechanism and they had lots of trouble getting it. I even gave them the Winnie part number and an exploded diagram of it. They ordered a full assembly for about $300. We were in and out of there so long, I thought I should change my voters registration. If you keep on, they will eventually fix everything, We stayed in their parking lot several weeks ago and took in their free breakfast for lifetime if you buy there. They have lost about half their employees and it sue looked deserted a few weeks ago.
Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
We bought our 2008 class A DP from them a year ago and was very pleased with the deal and the salesman, unlike other people have posted we didn't have any pressure at all, they were very easy to deal with.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
Here's where we are
bthomforde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #19
I bought my coach there and found the sales staff great, courses exellent, delivery staff very good, service staff and service advisors lousy.

The service staff broke my awning (they actually wanted me to drive it on the highway with the front of the roller detached), poked a hole in my roof with a pressure washer and were incapable of following staight forward written instructions like "There are electrical and mechanical problems with the basement air unit please go through the entire unit paying special attention to the blowers and compressors for overdraw and bearing noise which is getting worse every time it runs" which garnered the respose of "AC/Heater/Defroster checked out OK". I ended up taking photos of the problems and circled the items in question.

Even had to get the owner involved a few times and had to go to Winnebago to advise me on what to tell them/who to call at Winnebago to get things done right.

After I told them about the HWH hydraulic line issue in the bedroom slide, they did not bother to read the TSB and get the free replacement lines etc from HWH so they failed to fix the leak the first three times they attempted. I had to bring them the TSB/instructions from HWH and provide them the call number so they could get the free parts and labor reimbursement from HWH. They charged me overage despite due to their own incompetance they had not fixed it right the first three times. I also instructed them to use the clear HWH fluid instead of red ATF since the hydraulics for the bedroom slide were above the carpet. They still used the red ATF and the carpet did get stained. Thankfully I was able to get most of it out.

Not once did they ever have the coach ready on time. Even when I called to verify that it was ready before making the 45 minute drive (each way 90 minutes round trip) to get there was the coach ready as promised. The coach was always covered with greasy black boot and hand prints every time also.

Caught the service people, especially the service advisors, in so many bald faced lies it was not funny.

And the list just went on and on.

You are really rolling the dice there with service. A few weeks ago I stayed a few days (really just the nights) at their Rally Park and even though I was only out an about a few moments I had several people relate similar experiences to me.

Since Don Wallace sold the company the service department they tell me has not been right.

Buy a coach there, use the parts counter, stay at Rally Park, take advantage of the courses, take the free Thousand Trails membership (I have found it worth it the way I travel) and enjoy all the free coffee, food, etc when it is available. Just avoid the service department especially once the warrante is over.
Neil V
2001 Winnebago Adventurer WFG35U
NeilV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #20
lazydays service

if you plan to travel flordia much, yes buy from them. if not, don't go there for service, they will not help you. just my experience.

lostone65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #21
Winnebago Owners Club
Just had a leaky dual pane window replaced and a few odds and ends. A little slow on the call-backs, but generally it went well.
2009 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
Tampa, FL
Rich_in_Tampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #22
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have purchased two new RV's from them, a 2001 Fleetwood and this 2004 National. Both sales were pleasant. The sales department is great to work with. They have everything under 1 roof. The have an extensive inventory to look at, until you find what you are looking for. I traded the first RV, and my Pickup and my wifes vehicle in the last deal, because we already had a Toad. Find what you want, then negotiate.

When it comes to Service, I only will use them for Warranty work. I will also stand outside the bay and watch them. Service advisors are useless.

04 SeaBreese LX 8341 / Workhorse W-22 / GM 8.1 / Allison 5 Speed / Brazel's ULTRAPOWER Upgrade/Taylor Extreme Service PlusCables/DIYCAI
06 Honda CRV4/SE/all wheel drive with Falcon II / Roadmaster 9000 Braking System
rogueii is offline   Reply With Quote