Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #1

Lazy Days RV in Tampa

has anyone had any experience with lazy days in purchasing a motorhome. ny comments regarding them would be appreciated. thanks walter

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:55 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Walter, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here. I hope that you have done lots of research as to what you are looking for before going to Lazy Days. I have purchased 2 class A motorhomes from them but the last was over seven years ago. They can do a good job at selling but when it comes to service they are stretched too thin with so many difference kinds of units that a more specialized service center is superior. We spent about five years researching for the coach we now have that we bought from them. You will want to take your time, don't let them sway you into an impulse buy. There are very many good buys out there right now. If ours was not what we are happy with I would buy now again. Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Enjoy the hunt!

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:02 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Walter to irv2.
Here is some information that will get you started just like the Wizard said don't be pushed by what ever dealer you deal with.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Find what you want in a MH and then find the best deal. I bought my last MH from Lazy Days because it was what I wanted and they gave me the best price. Like others have said there service center is not that good only because they have too much to do. I have not used them but I have heard complaints from others.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:21 PM   #5

Walter

Give us a little more information on what you plan to buy. Are you planning on buying a new or used rig? Have you settle in on the make you want are you just shopping and only using Lazy Days. Lazy Days likes to use a lot of pressur in their sales from my experience with them. You should also note that mere price is not the only thing to consider. After sales commitment reputation by the dealers, distance to the repair facility and ability to make your repairs (you will have repairs on a motorhome--trust me) should all be considered. If you are buying used, make them change all the fluids and filters and any other conditions of the sale in writting before you take possession. Also have them set it up and let you "play" with all the items in the MH before you sign anything. Do you have a friend with a MH? If so, let them go thru the MH with you without the salesman around and check everyting out. There is no lemon law for Motorhomes, so get everything in writing and up front. Just some thoughts. s/Toby
Old 06-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #6

We purchased our last rig from Lazy Days and had a great experence. They are the largest single site dealer in the country and have a huge selection. Ours was a used unit and needed some items fixed which they took care of promtly. They even fixed items that we hadn't found. Our salesman name is Steve Shriver jr. and we feel he was the best they had. Good luck finding the right rig.

Bob
BobGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #7

Our son recently purchased a used toy hauler TT at Lazy Days. We were with him thru the entire transaction. He had a very limited budget admitted upfront but the salesman was more than willing to present all his interest in TTs, MHs, 5th wheels and class Cs to the finance department. One he decided on a TT they were willing to get into the bargaining mode and haggle back and forth finally reaching a price both our son and Lazy Days liked.

The walk thru was well done and ALL problems were addressed and taken care of right then. Also something none of us noticed but the walk thru person did was the need for ALL new tires. The tires (5) were replaced with no problem, no hassle.

For us bringing him to Lazy Days we received a $100 visa gift card and a $10 Walmart gift card.

We sat thru all the paperwork stuff and at no time did we feel they were less than professional. We all felt it was a good experience and that he would look there again when he upgrades.

The salesman (Jim Lefetrino) I know that is misspelled but his office is right at the head of the hallway coming from the lunchroom, checked on our son while he was overnighting on the Lazy Days lot checking out his TT and also called to make sure we all were satisfied.

A great experience for all of us.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
We have had limited but satisfactory experience with LazyDays, too. Their reputation is definitely variable, and some folks tend to go after the "big boys." But for us they have been decent.
Rich_in_Tampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The guy I bought my 2001 Brave from last summer bought it new there. I know this because he had every piece of papwerwork from the deal in the Winnebago info bag that came with the coach. I didn't know this until I sat down and sorted through all those papers, so I never spoke to him directly about Lazy Days.

I will tell you that there were papers from where warranty work was done, and the labor was shown on the invoice, and then written off as NC-warranty. I can't tell you anything about the quality of the work, but the owner was able to get warranty work done at no charge, as it should be.

Hope your son enjoys his TT.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:07 AM   #10

thanks to all who responded. still would like to know in low to mid priced motorhomes, whic manufacturers in your experience would be good for someone who is a novice buyer to begin looking at, would like something used, class a, 2slides and low mileage and 30-31 feet in length. thanks walter
Old 06-12-2009, 04:14 AM   #11
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Some manufacturers that are still in business and will stand behind their products well are Tiffin, Newmar, Winnebago. I know you are looking for new but these are pretty well built units to start with and as long as good maintenance practices have been done, I see you doing OK. There are considerations as to how you will use the coach that will help you decide on certain floor plans and features you will want to be looking for. Let us know how you will use the coach for more specific info.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We purchased our MH, especially liked the driver training class they offered. The service after a year of ownership was good.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

We have bought two coaches from Lazy Days and are very pleased. In fact, we are there right now for some service. I don't think you can beat the sales expereince there, or the selection of new and used rigs either.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #14

We love the place. We were there yesterday as a matter of fact. We have been looking there for about a year. We live about 45 miles south of Tampa so it's easy for us to go there whenever we want.

Although we have not purchased from them, their staff is always friendly and for what little negotiating we have done they seem to be pretty fair. We plan to make our purchase from them in the near future.