Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to nrc1963
Sorry About the Incorrect Name. Is there a way I can brush up on the very little negotiating skills I have. Yes I do feel the butterflies but this is long overdue but something I will definitely not rush into.

nrc1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Lazy Days is a Motorhome sales machine. We bought our Monaco in 2002 there, and like somebody above said, if you know pretty much what you want, and have researched what they sell for ( not list price), and have all your financing figured out you can deal. Otherwise, you are just raw meat in a great big car dealership. We bought ours on agreeable terms but service after the sale is difficult at LD. There are so many Snowbirds wintering in Florida that purchased at LD, service appointments are near impossible. It may not seem important, but someday, something critical will break and to call for service to be told 3-4 weeks wait may disappoint. If you want to use LD for research, I'd recommend it. Perhaps your local dealer won't be able to touch LD, and the service won't be a factor.
I do admit, their selection is unmatched, especially if you want a 1-4 yr old used rig that will sell for about half the original list price.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #17

Hate the place like poison. The only way I could get them to honor the extended warranty that they sell was to threaten to drive the motor home thru the front door. Google lazy days complaints and you will be shocked by how many there are.
I recently went back to check out a new model motorhome and both of them wouldnt run " 2012". Bogus prices also! I bought elsewhere.
Like everyone here says ; you better do your homework!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We bought our new to us DP this past July. We dealt with Matt Sibbick. His phone # 813-246-4999 X4784. He was very helpful in every way. He drove & checked out all the systems. Made a punch list of the problems & had them taken care of before we took delivery. Was very satisfied with the treatment & service that was extended to us.
Carl
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrc1963 View Post
Is there anyone who used LazyDaze in Tampa Fla. to purchase there RV any Salesperson Recommends. (Man or Woman) But someone that is honest (I know I might of hung myself there but it was worth a try) and a good communicator. I emailed a guy last week and he never returned my email. looking to begin the process for my Tiffin Allegro.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Lazy Days checked my coach for recalls when we bought it (used) and every time since then it has been in for service. I think it even shows on the service invoice now.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Smile

Bought my 2004 Monaco Diplomat January 2011.
Had a wonderful Experience my salesman was Irv Yeatts. He was easy to deal with, returned calls promptly and was good at follow through.
He picked my wife and I at the airport and returned us to airport.
He has kept in touch with us and even helped us with a service issue and it was resolved in a fair and courteous way. I would use him again for my next purchase.
FMFDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:02 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrc1963 View Post
Is there anyone who used LazyDaze in Tampa Fla. to purchase there RV any Salesperson Recommends. (Man or Woman) But someone that is honest (I know I might of hung myself there but it was worth a try) and a good communicator. I emailed a guy last week and he never returned my email. looking to begin the process for my Tiffin Allegro.
Steven Ratcliff :-) :-) :-)
Steven Ratcliff :-) :-) :-)
He helped us BIG TIME!! Not a salesman but more a purchase assistant and professional advisor.....he worked 'behind' the scenes for many years before sales....knows the Products and is a Great Listener....to help you get the right unit the first time.....for your budget, experience, your dreams
Very Real here :-) ! Steven is excellant!!
Geno & Heidi, St. Pete, Fl 2004 Fltwood Swind 32v, purchased 07/2011
geno-heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:09 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
PS: Our Lazy Day experience was Great :-) :-) :-) Pre-delivery, delivery, 30 day 'fix-it' srvice, service experience.....couldn't be better :-) :-) :-) Really.....and free breakfast/lunch too :-)
geno-heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Dealing with Lazydays is a love-hate relationship to be certain. One must do their homework prior to dealing with them. We've dealt with them twice and each time I came away satisfied, worn out by the process, but happy. I have a Tiffin and would buy another Tiffin. That said, Tiffin publishes a price list twice a year and I used it when negotiating with LD or anyplace else. It helped. Don't know if others publish a factory issued price list. I know they might put a sticker in the rig, but that is not necessarily a price list.

Our LD experiences were good!
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieSCPO View Post
Dealing with Lazydays is a love-hate relationship to be certain. One must do their homework prior to dealing with them. We've dealt with them twice and each time I came away satisfied, worn out by the process, but happy. I have a Tiffin and would buy another Tiffin. That said, Tiffin publishes a price list twice a year and I used it when negotiating with LD or anyplace else. It helped. Don't know if others publish a factory issued price list. I know they might put a sticker in the rig, but that is not necessarily a price list.

Our LD experiences were good!
Where do you get the Tiffin price list?

Thanks
DICK
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Dick; I got my price list from Red Bay but you can get one at www.RVcruzer.com. The sites author is a member of the Tiffinrvnetwork and has a wealth of information that is available. I use his site often.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #26

Send a message via Skype™ to nrc1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver
Lazy Days is a Motorhome sales machine. We bought our Monaco in 2002 there, and like somebody above said, if you know pretty much what you want, and have researched what they sell for ( not list price), and have all your financing figured out you can deal. Otherwise, you are just raw meat in a great big car dealership. We bought ours on agreeable terms but service after the sale is difficult at LD. There are so many Snowbirds wintering in Florida that purchased at LD, service appointments are near impossible. It may not seem important, but someday, something critical will break and to call for service to be told 3-4 weeks wait may disappoint. If you want to use LD for research, I'd recommend it. Perhaps your local dealer won't be able to touch LD, and the service won't be a factor.
I do admit, their selection is unmatched, especially if you want a 1-4 yr old used rig that will sell for about half the original list price.
Thank you for your insight. This is very disappointing As a newbie to rving but many years of research I thing I am going to eliminate my purchase from them . I was getting ready to drive down soon to but now no way. And why I say this , I want to use my rving for full timing. now a major issue comes my way. Where does one stay if the rv is their only source of residences? A few weeks in a hotel or even motel can be a hefty cut in a budget.

If lazy days is doing so well why don't they expand there service center ? If they don't why should anyone buy from them if they cannot service or support there product efficiently and timely. I would rather pay more and get the service and support that can be efficiently and in a timely fashion. Today is a brand new day for research for a dealer for a 2012 tiffin allegro 34tga darn!!! Now I need to tell my excited cousin I have to cancel my trip to fla. :-(
nrc1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #27

My experience with Lazydays was terrific. It took longer than I expected, which was my own fault, and taking the delivery was fraught with problems, but none of them were Lazydays fault. They were very, very patient with me and really bent over backwards to make sure I left happy.

Everyone is correct in saying do your research first and go to the NADA site to find out what the price should be. A salesman is a salesman is a salesman, but if you go in there armed with knowledge and willing to say "no", you'll be fine.

My salesperson was Lilet Gonzales, a tiny little blonde lady with gorgeous blue eyes and a lot of RV knowledge. She was great for me, being alone and heading for fulltiming, and she went out of her way to make sure I felt secure with all of my decisions.

I got no sales pressure, but I'm sure that was because I let Lily know up front that I'd walk away if there was any. I told her I needed to think carefully about everything and I would call her about questions and "selling" me was not going to work. She respected that, which I appreciate.

I also insisted on meeting all the service technicians that would be working on my RV and their managers. I actually spent some time alone talking with the Service Dept. manager. He was very open and forthcoming.

I think because I made the effort to meet all these people they were a little more amenable to my requests because they had a face and a pleasant experience to attach to them.

I requested that I be permitted to bring an independent RV mechanic on site to inspect my prospective RV. They had no problem with that and encouraged me to do it for my own peace of mind.

Once you place a deposit on an RV (NOT the $500 hold, but a real deposit) they'll allow you to spend a night in it. Once you've signed on the dotted line you can spend nights there in your RV while they prep it for you. They will provide breakfast and lunch, and there are lots of seminars and a driver confidence training course to fill up your time.

The only additional costs to you will be your dinners and any shopping you may do. There are plenty of stores and restaurants within a mile or two of Lazydays.

People have complained about the speed of their service, and I don't disagree with them. However, I wanted THEM to do it and was willing to wait for them. The "one stop shopping" means a lot to me, and if I have to wait, so be it. When you choose to deal with the largest and busiest RV dealer in the SE, that's the price you pay, and you don't have to leave until you are satisfied with the work.

I HIGHLY recommend Lazydays AND Lily, but with over a hundred salespeople, I'm sure there are many as good as her.

Susan
Old 01-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Nick,
You should never base your decisions on one person's opinion. Lazydays service is hard to get into at certain times of the year but so is every good rv repair facility at certain times of the year. For them, it is the beginning of the year when everybody is chasing warm weather. See what your local repair guy says the lead time is for a walk-in at his shop in June? The upside of Lazydays service is there is probably no shop on the planet with more repair experience. I’d venture to guess they have “seen it all”. I am currently at lazydays getting repair work done or should I say redone since the 2 shops that have worked on it so far have failed to fix it. I believe Lazydays has a handle on it. They also, in some cases, have full time repair people on staff from manufacturers. I would encourage you to go down and look for yourself, ask the questions. That’s what we did. You may find exactly what you are looking for! At the very least you will be wiser from the process!
Gary

2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is online now   Reply With Quote