Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #29

X2 "You should never base your decisions on one person's opinion."

We have never had a problem getting in. If your looking for routine service in February, yes they will be you out a few weeks. But if you have a problem that needs fixing and are a customer, they will take care of you. Some folks have had work done while parked in the Rally Park. They did not even need to move their coach. We have been in for recall work and windshields on several occasions and have zero complaints. Compared to the stories from folks we have met who take their rigs back for work, pick it up weeks later and nothing was done. Never heard that about LD.

Bob

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #30
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Inga
X2 "You should never base your decisions on one person's opinion."

We have never had a problem getting in. If your looking for routine service in February, yes they will be you out a few weeks. But if you have a problem that needs fixing and are a customer, they will take care of you. Some folks have had work done while parked in the Rally Park. They did not even need to move their coach. We have been in for recall work and windshields on several occasions and have zero complaints. Compared to the stories from folks we have met who take their rigs back for work, pick it up weeks later and nothing was done. Never heard that about LD.

Bob
We bought both of our MH's there and our experience is identical to yours. I believe that most who have problems with them , create it themselves. Of course there are exceptions. When you are the largest you will have the most # of unsatisfied customers. However , it is the percentage that counts. If a dealer sold 100 coaches and had 5 complaints , it would be worse than LD having 50 complaints on 4000 sales.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Add us to the people with positive LD experiences. They fixed even the smallest item requested on the PDI inspection. You would have thought we were buying a new coach not one five years old. We left the lot with everything working and every OEM item even if the PO had not brought it in.

Scheduling service this time of year is a headache due to the shear volume. You have to plan well ahead, but you also can live in the coach during the service period. Not many places allow that.

Make the trip to Florida and make the decision to buy or not buy based on what you see and the offer they make.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #32

mostly correct but wait until you try their extended warranty . If its an extensive repair they always deny first and make you fight for a legit repair. As soon as you say its ok and drive off the lot good luck.
As I have said before ; google lazy days complaints , page after page of really pissed off people. The complaints far out number the praises found here.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #33

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
.................... I have said before ; google lazy days complaints , page after page of really pissed off people. The complaints far out number the praises found here.
Would you really expect to find a "balance" on the internet? IMO, the vast number of such "reports" will be from those UNhappy with whatever is being reported.

How many times have you seen anyone making a fuss in a restaurant when they were pleased with the food or service? It is human nature to proclaim long and loud about things we DON'T like....while good experiences get little press.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Would you really expect to find a "balance" on the internet? IMO, the vast number of such "reports" will be from those UNhappy with whatever is being reported.

How many times have you seen anyone making a fuss in a restaurant when they were pleased with the food or service? It is human nature to proclaim long and loud about things we DON'T like....while good experiences get little press.
these are people who have actually gone out of their way to state their issues. This took effort which is uncommon these days. Restaurants with good reputations are crowded and word of mouth works both ways.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #35

We bought our coach last June. We had been negotiating with Lazydays and a couple of other dealers. We bought from another dealer. After our purchase we wanted to have a towing system that we had just purchased installed. It was late June and we managed to get an appt at Lazydays within 3 days. When we were camped at their Rv Park we thought we had trouble with our air system. They sent a technician to our site within 20 minutes of our 8 am call. While we were in for service the salesperson who we dealt with, Joe Kieser, who we hadn't bought from, left a very nice gift for us in our motorhome. Having experienced all of this we can only say that the people at Lazydays appears to us to be great to deal with. I guess everybody has to go by their own personal experiences but I must say I would definitely buy from them if their pricing was competitive. (we lbuy based on price)
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #36

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought our new to us motor coach over a year ago. Our salesman, Ian Raymond, was the greatest. Very knowledgable and always available for follow up questions to us newbies. Would not hesitate one bit to return for our next purchase when we are ready. Service has not always been the best, but in recent months they have gotten better. We had an air conditioner problem, our extended warranty was used and a new replacement was made by LD.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #37
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone

these are people who have actually gone out of their way to state their issues. This took effort which is uncommon these days. Restaurants with good reputations are crowded and word of mouth works both ways.
It's human nature( unfortunately ) to complain and not compliment. If a restaurant with a good rep is crowded, I guess all the sold signs on MH's at Lazy Days would be equivalent. I'm here now and there are plenty sold rigs waiting delivery.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are in the process of buying our second motorhome, this one from LD. So far the process has been a lot better than with our first dealer. I will tell you that when I tried to get some warranty service done while out on the road in June the dealer I went to wouldn't even think about working on my coach for three weeks and I wouldn't be allowed to stay in it.
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #39

I went to LD the past two years between Christmas and New Years, love the place. Everything is there. They treat you with respect (for the most part) and make you feel at ease. We are happy with the treatment there however have not purchased our next MH yet. It will come and they will be there to take care of us.
Honestly I feel they have a very good thing going and more or less "try" to please you. Yea, not everyone will be happy for sure but having been to so many dealerships over the years feel that LD has it figured out.
Last year we worked with Scott Hamilton, nice guy, knew a lot, was maybe not my favorite salesman in that I am a hard sale and it was more work for him than he wanted. Left with my old MH.
LD has just under 300 service bays. Not sure what the percentage of population is in Tampa that has MH's but guessing that it is high in the winter months. I know here in Cincinnati service work in the summer is weeks for sure, maybe as much as a month to have it "looked" at. The Norcold recalls alone are a 3 week wait here. Had the last one done at LD at my campsite in 1 day.
Im sold, I love LD's but I have not spent the big $$ yet so maybe that will change.
Windecker
Old 01-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #40

Bought my motorhome from them in 02.Knew what I wanted and got a better price than any other dealer.Fixed anything I asked for. Sent my cousin there last year and he came away thrilled.Just had my windshields replaced by them.Very professional and courteous. First time the windshield has not popped out on the first bump.I'm sure there are some unhappy customers . I have had some impossible to please customers too.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #41

Send a message via Skype™ to nrc1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum
Nick,
You should never base your decisions on one person's opinion. Lazydays service is hard to get into at certain times of the year but so is every good rv repair facility at certain times of the year. For them, it is the beginning of the year when everybody is chasing warm weather. See what your local repair guy says the lead time is for a walk-in at his shop in June? The upside of Lazydays service is there is probably no shop on the planet with more repair experience. I’d venture to guess they have “seen it all”. I am currently at lazydays getting repair work done or should I say redone since the 2 shops that have worked on it so far have failed to fix it. I believe Lazydays has a handle on it. They also, in some cases, have full time repair people on staff from manufacturers. I would encourage you to go down and look for yourself, ask the questions. That’s what we did. You may find exactly what you are looking for! At the very least you will be wiser from the process!
Gary
Hi Gary,

It just goes to show how ignorant and impulsive I can be but I have hit a few roadblocks but I really wanted to use Lazy days from the start. I am sorry if I sounded to negative do not being that kind of person. From now on I'm going to follow my heart.
nrc1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:37 AM   #42

Nick, I should have mentioned in my earlier answer that my experience with Lazydays happened in the last 10 days. I think you'll really enjoy the place no matter where you end up buying. There is a hotel there (the Country Inns chain) where you can stay for around $100. If you stay overnight you can sign up for the next day's Driver's Confidence course, which is absolutely free. You can spend the whole day walking around looking at RVs of all types, you can talk to other shoppers and other owners, you can visit with "real" experienced RVers in the Cafe for (free) breakfast and lunch, you can check out CampingWorld and see what all the extras look like (NO reason to buy them there, though, unless you KNOW their price is right). I went back to Lazydays twice before I found something I liked - stayed at the Country Inn one night the first time. Had lots of energy and drove home the second time. Bought a motorhome and spent 4 nights there getting everything right the third time.