Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #43

Impressive place but we will never go back. you're just a number to them. we flew from Va. to purchase a motorhome and at that point the new they had us. the motorhome we looked at online and wanted wasn't even ready for us when we got there. they had paper on the floor that was to hide the carpet. they couldn't figure out how to fix the air horn, wouldn't wash it for us, plus lots more I found . I bought it anyway and I was wrong.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
The sales man I delt (and bought a unit ) with was verry good but is no longer with them. There is a young salesman there named Stephen who I delt with last winter. We were unable to come to terms but I felt he was as honest as a sales person can be and really tried to do his best for me. I spoke with him Friday and if in the market would ask for him again. My experiance with LazyDays was a good one and probably would deal there again if the price was right. One word of caution. When you trade thay bring you into the change over lot to trade. MAKE sure everything is as it should be before you leave. Thay are normaly verry buisy and it is hard to get back into service,

Old 01-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #45

Bought MH there on a trade deal, I think I overpaid but they overpaid me on the trade. I spent 3 days in thier lot in my old unit as the new to me MH needed a lot of things repaired but they fixed every little thing I found wrong like it was a new one.Tiffany in service even gave me a ride to the store on her golfcart as I did not bring enough supplys for a 3 day stay.All in all I have to say they did a good job.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #46

Forest River Owners Club
I purchased a new 2011 Berkshire last year from Lazy Days. They gave me more money for my trade then other dealerships and a great price on my new RV. They delivered it to New Jersey and everything was just as they said it would be. Over all i am very happy with Lazy Days and my salesman Jason Brunner. He actually contacted me after a failed deal with another salesman who wasnt willing to spend the time with me.

The only bad thing is trying to get warranty work done at another dealership (nj, pa area) They only want to service the rv's that they sell. You are put on the back burner if they take your coach. Forest River can't make the dealerships service your coach.

I contacted Lazy Days about buying a new RV a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if its the economy, but they can't give me anything close to what i owe. I havent contacted another dealership yet.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
I bought a 2010 Fleetwood Discovery from Lazy Days, and we had a good experience, and I would buy from them again. Their inventory is like none other, and makes it easy to literally "kick the tires". Pictures and video over the Internet are great, but in person is better. We were able to look at several motorhomes in the 40 ft. range and that was real helpful. My only recommendation is to know your prices.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrc1963 View Post
Is there anyone who used LazyDaze in Tampa Fla. to purchase there RV any Salesperson Recommends. (Man or Woman) But someone that is honest (I know I might of hung myself there but it was worth a try) and a good communicator. I emailed a guy last week and he never returned my email. looking to begin the process for my Tiffin Allegro.
We just purchased our 2012 Anthem at Lazy Days. I'd recommend our salesman to anyone. Scott Hamilton was teriffic. Honest, wanted to know what we wanted and he worked his butt off to make sure we were happy. Didn't tell us something just to get a sell. If it's possible he'll make it happen. Not just a number to him. let him know we recommended him, because he works primarily on referral
Old 01-22-2012, 04:44 AM   #49
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For those that do refer someone to LD and that person buys something , you get some nice gifts. I got a $100 Visa card and a $10 Walmart card and was invited to a " friends and family rally". It's a 4 day rally with catered meals. They do it a few times a year. The next one is at the end of April and I'm going to it. I know some will say " big deal" . I have referred people in the past to other co's and didn't even get a thank you.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #50

Ford Super Duty Owner
Lazy Days

We bought our 2012 Fleetwood Southwind from Doyle Howard in September. We shopped everywhere until we were tired, but knew what we wanted. We saw some great choices at Lazy Days and accepted their offer to fly us down from SC. Doyle spent 3 days with us consulting and letting us test drive 6 different units of many configurations. We bought the 32 Southwind and love it. I highly recommend Doyle if you do not connect with someone else or do not feel well served. His knowledge and customer service is superb. We just attended the Fleetwood Rally hosted at Lazy days and had the chance to meet with the factory reps etc. Every experience has been a pleasure. I just wanted to respond to help you get a good balance of experiences. Good Luck!
Carl Schiller
Pawleys Island, SC
Old 02-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Carl it is a small world because I was talking to Doyle last night. I have known Doyle for some time. He used to work for John Bleakly RV here in Marietta before he moved to Tampa. He knows RVs and is a great guy. I would highly recommend him to anyone wanting to buy an RV.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #52

We bought our coach from them and we could not be happier so far. Our salesman was Scott Caylor and he is one of the best people I have ever worked with to buy anything. So much so, that we sent a letter to their CEO to outline how good he was. We never expected to purchase from them or this soon, but loved it every step of the way.

We traveled throughout the entire state of FL for several weeks visiting dealers everywhere and checking out coaches. None of them made us feel as important as Lazy Days did and still does. More than half the time, I turned to my wife after leaving one of the other dealers and said "I want to boil myself" because it always felt like a cliche from a used sales lot. We were treated to lunch, given tons of information on every brand out there, and no matter what we spent, we felt as though we were special.

Fast forward several weeks and they are just as great as they were when we signed on the dotted line. Scott sends us emails and text messages to make sure we are happy, calls us with updates and to see if we have any questions and all in all makes us feel part of the family.

When we bought a much cheaper coach than we originally set our budget on, Scott was even more enthusiastic where some sales people at other dealerships were not. He worked even harder to find the perfect coach for us and despite us changing our minds numerous times on features, he never once changed his awesome attitude.

I can't imagine getting better treatment than we got and while I am sure its out there, we are customers at Lazy Days and of Scott Caylor and are very happy with that.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourVan View Post
We bought our coach from them and we could not be happier so far. Our salesman was Scott Caylor and he is one of the best people I have ever worked with to buy anything. So much so, that we sent a letter to their CEO to outline how good he was. We never expected to purchase from them or this soon, but loved it every step of the way.

We traveled throughout the entire state of FL for several weeks visiting dealers everywhere and checking out coaches. None of them made us feel as important as Lazy Days did and still does. More than half the time, I turned to my wife after leaving one of the other dealers and said "I want to boil myself" because it always felt like a cliche from a used sales lot. We were treated to lunch, given tons of information on every brand out there, and no matter what we spent, we felt as though we were special.

Fast forward several weeks and they are just as great as they were when we signed on the dotted line. Scott sends us emails and text messages to make sure we are happy, calls us with updates and to see if we have any questions and all in all makes us feel part of the family.

When we bought a much cheaper coach than we originally set our budget on, Scott was even more enthusiastic where some sales people at other dealerships were not. He worked even harder to find the perfect coach for us and despite us changing our minds numerous times on features, he never once changed his awesome attitude.

I can't imagine getting better treatment than we got and while I am sure its out there, we are customers at Lazy Days and of Scott Caylor and are very happy with that.
good to hear
Old 03-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourVan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
good to hear
Thanks. It really has been an incredible process and one that we are thrilled to death with. I just asked and she checked her notes and we visited 16 RV stores during our process and not a single one treated us like Scott Caylor and Lazy Days did.

But the best part is that after the sale, he is still treating us the same way as if we were potential customers and so is everybody else there.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Can't really recommend anyone but I just might take a drive down there tomorrow and look around. Never been to the dealership but have stopped in the campground.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #56

I am back at Lazydays right now for some service. I bought a 2005 Gulf Stream Independence here in December after a very long search. My salesperson was Lily Rodriguez and my experience with her was almost exactly like the OP's with Scott. These people are VERY good at what they do. Yes, of course they're after your money! That's what selling is! BUT.... they want you to come back! And they mean it! And they WILL bend over backwards to make you happy.

There are many, many sales people at Lazydays. If you call about a 2006 Winnebago Adventurer you may not get the guy who sold someone on this forum a 2012 Tiffin Allegro. The guys that have been here longest don't have to take sales calls for lower-end or used RVs. However, Lazydays DOES have very strict standards their folks are expected to live up to and my experience so far is that they do make a genuine effort.