Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #57

American Coach Owners Club
Another thumbs up

I bought my coach last Sept. from LD's and the process went well overall, not perfect but well. My salesman Lee Pirella was professional and very knowledable about the coach's we looked at, not high pressure at all. He even insisited on driving back to the office to get me a band-aid for a blister that I had on my foot. I have been in sales all my life and have bought numerous vehicles and I consider LD to be far above average in quality of sales personnel and approach to their customers.

I also have three friends from VA. who have bought coachs sight unseen from various salesmen at LD's and all were very satisfied with their transactions.

One thing that did impress me was their servicing policy when buying a used coach. As with any 13 year old coach there were some items that needed attention so I made up a list before signing the papers. Lee said ok but our policy on used coaches is to bring it into the service dept., give them an open checkbook and tell them fix everything other than engine and transmission issues (they do change engine oil and filters). I thought I had done a thorough inspection but was amazed at the list of items the mechanic showed me that needed tweaking and some replacing. During the PDI the LD rep. found an issue with the inverter and on a Sat. called the service dept. and insisted they fix it so I could leave, which they did.
Again was it perfect in every way, no, but it was relatively painless and I will try to buy there again when I upgrade.
Oh yeah I did a lot of researching on American Coach Eagle price nationwide and I feel I got a great deal.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2012, 06:26 AM   #58

My Wife and I bought a 08 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel in June of this year in Tampa. I have been in high end sales for 25 years. This place is Amazing! Being a former Military man, my salesman was recently retired Navy man, Terry Billings. He was a gem. Their process to service a unit in preparation for delivery is second to none. Their culture to develop a customer for life is different from almost any company (in any business).
I also had the occassion recently to visit their Tucson facility for warranty work. That experience also was amazing. They go the extra distance to make things right.
My wife and I have become LD advocates after looking and shopping elsewhere. They are responsive to your needs and requests. I wouldn't buy another MH from anyone else!

Ciao for now,

Old 08-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #59

they were on my most hated list BUT they are actually turning the reputation around. Hopefully they keep it up ; its win win, for customers and corporate!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
My husband and I think the world of Lazydays... Our unit "The Comvee" turned a year old this week and we only have fabulous things to say about Lazydays and our experiences there for the last year... We set out to finish the year with 15,000 mi. and we have taken The Comvee back to Lazydays for any minor hiccup all year and never once were we treated unkindly, on the contrary... Frank and I wanted to make sure that we got our one year warranty fixes and we've been treated exceptional... from sales, Jared Jirau, who still takes our calls, helps us find solutions, takes the time to find us whether at crown club, camping world, cracker barrel or where ever in Lazydays we might be to always say hello and also entertains our every whim, to Chuck Schnitker our service advisor, who answers every email, and entertains all my crazy add ons, to the techs who answer calls and texts while we're on the road, Jim Bush who contacted us and asked why we had never reached out to him... that one was funny... well if everyone jumps on our needs, why would we need to bother Mr. Bush? and I can not forget to give Ernie Herring a million thank you's, you answered our newbie issues like why is our coach dead, well because we didn't turn off the battery banks neither house nor chassis when we put our coach away... duh!

We can go on and on and on... talk about people who can always turn a frown upside down!

We LOVE our Comvee... She's a beauty!
theCOMVEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #61

I bought my coach from them 5 years ago. The salesman Greg Razynski was great while their service advisor and prep team was abysmal.

We called and verified that the coach was ready before we went down and the Service Advisor said of course. After waiting for 4 hours after we got there we got a wet coach that they had just finished steam cleaning the carpets on and had not bothered to ventilate with fans to dry it out. The lot man who drove it to the area where we would stay the night to check things out left black oily boot tracks though the wet carpet. 3/4 of the items that we saw Greg put on the punch list for them to fix were not taken care of even though the service advisor said they were. The also put a hole in the roof with a pressure washer and broke the awning mounts while cleaning it and expected us to drive off down the highway. We left a new punch list showing listing what was newly damaged and included photographs so there would be no confusion on what we were talking about.

The service adviser dragged ordering the materials out scheduling the repair out for several months and then denied what happened saying we damaged the coach after we had taken it home. Fortunately they still had the pictures of the coach on their web site which when you zoomed in on them the damages were clearly visible from before we bought the coach.

Some items we fixed ourselves just because it was not worth the bother having them schedule a time for us to drop off the coach only to get there and find the service advisor was not there and had not processed our paper work or actually scheduled any repairs. Picking up the coach was always a nightmare as even when you asked her to verifiy that the repairs had actually be finished and the coach ready to be driven away we would get there and the work was not finished and the coach was not ready to be driven away.

I was not alone as the waiting area was full of people repeatatively having to bring their coaches back to have items that were marked as fixed and but had no work done on them at all even though they were billed for all the repairs now actually worked on.

One time she had them do a full diagnosis on the dashbord air conditioning when we brought it in to have the bearings on the blower for the basement air checked out. Other times she would tell us that she could not get the repairs done because Winnebago no longer made the parts. Winnebago got pretty upset when we called them directly to verify if that was actually true which it was not. Winnebago got involved and asked us to have the person we were dealing with call the directly.

For sales they are fine and their parts guy are pretty decent but it is a roll of the dice on the service end of things depending on who you got as a service advisor.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
I bought my coach from them 5 years ago. The salesman Greg Razynski was great while their service advisor and prep team was abysmal.

We called and verified that the coach was ready before we went down and the Service Advisor said of course. After waiting for 4 hours after we got there we got a wet coach that they had just finished steam cleaning the carpets on and had not bothered to ventilate with fans to dry it out. The lot man who drove it to the area where we would stay the night to check things out left black oily boot tracks though the wet carpet. 3/4 of the items that we saw Greg put on the punch list for them to fix were not taken care of even though the service advisor said they were. The also put a hole in the roof with a pressure washer and broke the awning mounts while cleaning it and expected us to drive off down the highway. We left a new punch list showing listing what was newly damaged and included photographs so there would be no confusion on what we were talking about.

The service adviser dragged ordering the materials out scheduling the repair out for several months and then denied what happened saying we damaged the coach after we had taken it home. Fortunately they still had the pictures of the coach on their web site which when you zoomed in on them the damages were clearly visible from before we bought the coach.

Some items we fixed ourselves just because it was not worth the bother having them schedule a time for us to drop off the coach only to get there and find the service advisor was not there and had not processed our paper work or actually scheduled any repairs. Picking up the coach was always a nightmare as even when you asked her to verifiy that the repairs had actually be finished and the coach ready to be driven away we would get there and the work was not finished and the coach was not ready to be driven away.

I was not alone as the waiting area was full of people repeatatively having to bring their coaches back to have items that were marked as fixed and but had no work done on them at all even though they were billed for all the repairs now actually worked on.

One time she had them do a full diagnosis on the dashbord air conditioning when we brought it in to have the bearings on the blower for the basement air checked out. Other times she would tell us that she could not get the repairs done because Winnebago no longer made the parts. Winnebago got pretty upset when we called them directly to verify if that was actually true which it was not. Winnebago got involved and asked us to have the person we were dealing with call the directly.

For sales they are fine and their parts guy are pretty decent but it is a roll of the dice on the service end of things depending on who you got as a service advisor.

Ditto to this.

Our Rv came from there and if they were the only place on earth to sell RV's I would give it up altogether.

They are all about sale, and after this you are on your own. If you deside to buy there DO NOT part with all your money until they have given you what you paid for. Once they have your money, expect no more service from them.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #63

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Danes Are Coming View Post
Ditto to this.

Our Rv came from there and if they were the only place on earth to sell RV's I would give it up altogether.
Wow! Talk about having a completely different experience... If Lazyday's doesn't sell it, I'm not interested in buying it... that's how much I believe in Lazydays!
theCOMVEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #64

We just purchased our third m/h from Lazy Days.....and every time we purchased has been a great experience.....I know the wait times for an appointment are long, but if you plan your travel to be at there facility for your appointment, that's great. As a matter of fact we have an appointment for the 12 of Sept.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
I'll second the recommendation of Matt Sibbick.

We traded in a 9 month old Tiffin Allegro Bus for our SIG. Monaco was in bankruptcy. I bought one of their coaches with a third party extended warranty. Lazy Days has performed properly, servicing the coach under that warranty and getting approval for payment from the warranty company.

Typically I stop at Lazy Days for service twice a year. Yes, there are times I have to wait for parts to arrive. However, that is the nature of the beasts we drive. LD has more parts in stock than any other dealer. Their service techs are excellent. In the past I had problems the office service reps. They're both gone.

btw - When we had the Tiffin I tried Red Bay twice. What a disaster. I've never seen such a messed up system, and so many people who spend all day not working.

Steve Kieffer is offline   Reply With Quote