Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to nrc1963
Lazy Days Tampa anyone

Is there anyone who used LazyDaze in Tampa Fla. to purchase there RV any Salesperson Recommends. (Man or Woman) But someone that is honest (I know I might of hung myself there but it was worth a try) and a good communicator. I emailed a guy last week and he never returned my email. looking to begin the process for my Tiffin Allegro.

nrc1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I bought there a couple of years ago. I never, ever would consider going there again.

When looking for the DP we purchased a few months ago, never looked there even for a price comparison.

Our experience was the worst purchase I've ever been involved in.

I know they have their fans but I wasn't buying a rig on the far side of 200K Perhaps if you are, your experience may be different.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #3

Fast car,

Pm on the way
Old 01-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Hi..... I purchased 2008 Forest River Berkshire DP with 20K miles on it from them back in September and was 100% satisfied with the entire process.... We worked with a salesman named Joe Copus (sp) and he went the extra mile for me numerous times.... When I first called to ask abt a MH I saw on their website, he went out and went through several and called me back with a report (one smelled, one appeared to have leaked, etc.) in addition to emailing me a video walk-through of the Berkshire. He then worked with me to get the Berkshire for a price I wanted... (asking price was $159,999 and after negations I ended up paying $89,999.... )

Their 124 acre facility was impressive as was the way they presented to MH to us when we arrived... It was set up in a camping spot ready go go... We took a couple of hours checking it out from stem to stern, took it for a test drive and settled on it...

They then had the next week to prep it (I was in Orlando on business). We closed on it on a Friday afternoon and we then spent the night in it at their facility. They sent a tech to me and he spent an hour going over all systems operations with me... Saturday AM, they took the coach over to their shops and took care of a few issues ( minor) I found during the night...

They then filled it with diesel and I drove it to Texas...

I think you will be happy with them.... Tell Joe that Ernest from I said treat you as hd did me....
Old 01-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #5

We purchased from Lazy Days (Lazy Daze is an rv manufacturer) a few years ago. Our experience was positive. Lazy Days is a very large, very smooth sales operation. IMO, if you are not well prepared both in product knowledge and techniques used to sell vehicles they could eat you alive. We knew pricing, product, and negotiation and after some serious give and take finally were able to get a deal we were happy with. Our salesman was Demond Mckinnley. We would certainly use LD as a potential source were we looking today.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
I bought my 2008 diesel pusher from them in sept 2008 . I had great experience dealing with them from the time we arrived to the day we departed. Everything we requested was taken care of right away .they even shipped my pick up home for me.i have a friend of mine going down to lazy days in next couple of weeks to pick up an allegro bay they just bought. They seemed to be very happy with the deal they are getting. I might even go along for the ride to check them out.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #7

First off, it's "Lazy Days"...

Bought our 2012 Forest River Surveyor sp-240 from them. Positive experience. Try Mark Bohlin as your sales associate. Nice man. Very helpful. LD is a very large operation. Do your research before you go. Be prepared to negotiate. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the deal you'll be able to make. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We bought our coach there in 6/'06 from Greg Raczynski. It was a pleasant experience. If I was buying again and if Lazy Days was my choice of vendor I would use Gregg again. We have been in touch serveral time since our purchase. Last time we saw him was last March at the FMCA rally in Perry, GA.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #9

The Florida RV Trade Association - 2012 Florida RV SuperShow will be open to the public on January 11 through January 15. Lazydays is about 4 miles from the Florida State Fairgrounds where the RV show is held. Going to Lazydays is almost like going to the RV show. It might be a great time to vist Tampa.

We didn't end up purchasing our coach from Lazydays but we would drive there about every two weeks to look at MH's. The contact we had was Kurt Kardalan. He is a nice, knowledgable and not pushy salesperson.

Good luck in your purchase.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #10

Got our 11 Phaeton at LD and they were very good to me. We will buy a 2013 there. I will be there tomorrow for the RV show and to get some work done.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
We bought our Knight there last spring. Overall a (not perfect but) positive experience.
The coach has been fantastic.
Our salesman was a young man named Jason
Old 01-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #12

We bought our '06 Bounder 35E from them and have had no problems. Its a love them or hate them kind of place. They are big and can fix just about any problem you might have. Our salesmen was Jim Harris and we would use him and LD again for our next coach.

Bob
Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

I know five people that have purchased high end motorhomes through Lazy Days in Tampa. Mine was purchased by the previous owner through Lazy Days also. They are all happy with the whole affair BUT it does appear that Lazy Days never checks on recalls on the MHs especially on the engines. All five of the MHs that I know about had outstanding recalls on them for safety reasons and they were not done before they were sold. I do know for a fact that they knew about the recalls. The other thing is that a lot of them never had the initial 5000 mile Allison filter change done. My recommendation is to do some online research on any motorhome that you are going to buy looking for recalls. You can also call the company who made it and ask them.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #14

Send a message via Skype™ to nrc1963
Just Called Lazy Daze

Thank You,
I just Gave him( Joe P.) a call he was on a test drive with a customer so we are going to talk when he gets done. He says Thank you for the referal.

nrc1963 is offline   Reply With Quote