Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-13-2014, 10:04 AM   #15
I think you will also notice in stock units are always loaded with every option.....why? simple, a higher msrp means more profit which means you may pay for things you don't want or need.

I also agree with "Brian W" that buying new at the right discount is better than recent used prices......kinda strange.

I was looking at a '15 for $255 and was offered a '13 for $239, I asked the sales rep if that made sense, he quickly stopped taking used.

HR Endeavor 38CDS - 330 Cat - Aero Muffler
Miata close behind | 585W solar w/Kid Controller
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #16
Lazydays in Tampa AAA++++

jax1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
We "tried" to buy a new MH from North Trails as we live in Ft Myers. After wanting a $10,000. deposit for a test drive and we were cash buyers, We even brought a copy of the bank statement the fund were sitting in...still no dice. They wouldn't even discuss price without a deposit check price so we walked. If they don't trust me, the guy with the cash...I sure wouldn't trust them. I wouldn't even buy a hose clamp from the likes of them.

We purchased our new MH from LD but do NOT try to take delivery or get service during snowbird season. That is an absolute joke unless you want to spend the winter there for "free"..... too many do just that.
Chuck in SW FL
A "Classic" 2014 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #18
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
I was looking at a '15 for $255 and was offered a '13 for $239, I asked the sales rep if that made sense, he quickly stopped taking used.
Just curious, was that $239 the listed price on the '13, or a serious offer?
Chuck & Pam (the people) - Bobbie & Nikki (the cats)
2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PDQ & Chevy Tracker ZR-2
NJ4B F261484 (ex: NCBounder)
Chuck&Pam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #19
Newmar Owners Club
We have bought two coaches from LD and been there for annual service a few times. In my opinion they wrote the book on customer service. I have never been disappointed.
2004 Newmar DSDP 4025
Blue ox , Air force 1, 2016 GMC Acadia
Angler3041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Angler3041 View Post
We have bought two coaches from LD and been there for annual service a few times. In my opinion they wrote the book on customer service. I have never been disappointed.

My experience with two MHs as well.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #21
American Coach Owners Club
My experience at LD has been good, not perfect but good. Twice I visited NT and when I mentioned used DP's you could almost see the light click off in the salesmans eye's, both were short visits.
1998 American Eagle
gacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #22
We ordered our 2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA from Lazydays in Tampa. We had read plenty of bad things about North Trail, and mixed things about Lazydays. We did plenty of pricing research and were planning to go to Sherman (MS) or Davis (TN) for the maximum discount, but we were able to come to an agreeable price with our salesman at Lazydays, (Jason Brunner, in case you want to work with him). The price wasn't quite as good as Sherman/Davis, but was good enough for us considering the convenience factor, location, etc.

He was great for the sales process. Delivery wasn't quite as smooth as I would have liked - they were extraordinarily busy and took a few tries to get them to resolve our list of pre-delivery issues we found with the coach.

-Mike Fischer

PS: After we placed our order, we also went to Red Bay for four days to watch our coach being built.
Mike & Kat, with Opie (black lab)
2014 Tifffin Allegro 36LA & 2014 Honda CR-V toad
Our Blog: http://liferebooted.net/
greendog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #23
North Trail will not do any work on the rig if you bought it from Lazy Days the owner told me to leave I brought in a new Tuscany for warranty work that Thor told me to take it there I only live 5 miles from North Trail they said no way, I thought Thor would be upset about that but they did nothing about it. I would not buy a unit from North Trail, they are the worst.
dwilkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:50 AM   #24
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We did not buy our 2014 Discovery 40X from LD's, we purchased it from Lamesa in Sanford (Lamesa's deal seam to be better), the deal was great but had issues with the delivery, once the deal was done never saw the salesman again, working thru them now, she said he said type issues, love the coach, point is, LOVE LD's, been there a many times, they maske you feel at home and not only do they want your coach deal but they want you to keep coming back.
We are now looking at a Cornerstone from Enterga, when we are ready we will do the deal with LD's.
Mark & Shaleen
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40X 380CUM, The BBBeast, 2 Harley's, 2 Kayak's, 2 Mountain bikes, 3 Cats, Rosa(the late), Scoot, Harley BraveHeart
Shark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:40 AM   #25
Originally Posted by 1952 mgtd View Post
We went to North Trail, we were lied to, rushed to buy, and not made to feel important. We went to Lazy Days, we were treated like royalty, the salesman Tony, was great showed us what we needed, walked us through the whole process. Lazy Days was a very pleasant experience.
We had the same experience at North Trail when we were shopping for a Newmar.... I would not go back there for anything even though they are reasonably close. Since LD did not sell Newmar, we went elsewhere.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #26
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have bought several RV's from Lazy Days and have enjoyed the entire experience. Great facilities and sales support. I did purchase one RV from North Trail and the deal and service were ok. When I went in to look for another RV it was like they were too busy to deal with me. I had selected several units to look at and the sales rep stayed with us until we wanted to see some additional units. At that point he said I will unlock some additional units for you to look at and left us for other customers. I guess he thought we were not serious but we were and purchased our Monaco from Lazy Days about a week later.
AdmiralRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #27
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to albawsadv
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
I wouldn't consider either one. Why do I want to buy from high overhead dealers and waste thousands of dollars?

A number of new Tiffins get sold by two dealers - Sherman RV in Sherman, MS and Davis Motorhomes in Memphis, TN. Prices will be 25-28% off the Tiffin price list (available online or through Tiffin) and no hassling required. Either one takes trades as well.

Lazy Days and North Trail both have lots of inventory but I suggest you order your new coach so you can get exactly what you want.
We got quotes from both Sherman and Davis (per Luvlabs suggestion in a prior post). Sherman was 28%, Davis a little less discount, however went to PA RV show and ended up with almost 29% off, that was a shocker. If it hadn't been for the RV show we would have went with Karen at Sherman, MS.
albawsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #28
Fleetwood Owners Club
We purchased our 2015 Fleetwood at Lazy Days and loved the experience, had some bumps at delivery. The unit pre delivery inspection (PDI) did not catch some very obvious things, however they made it right for us. We will use them for our next RV & service on this one as neither North Trail or La Mesa are interested in performing the warranty service of a unit purchased from LD. Their loss by exposing the culture and bad customer service. Good Luck!!!

Peterp is offline   Reply With Quote