Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Lazydays or North Trail in Florida ???

So we are thinking about ordering a new Tiffin motorhome.
If I order it here in Florida, I am between ordering from Lazydays in Tampa or North Trails in Fort Myers.
Any opinions ????
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #2

Can't speak for Tiffin at Lazydays but we bought a Redwood 5th Wheel from them in August of 2013. We had very good service during the buying process although it took a little longer than necessary as they have more steps involved than most.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:03 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We bought our Tiffin at Lazydays in May. They were great to work with and have a very nice facility. We spoke with a salesperson at North Trails earlier in the spring and weren't impressed with his knowledge of the coach. He was also a little aloof like he didn't think we were serious buyers. I can recommend a Lazydays salesperson if you're interested.
Snyderwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:09 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought our Tiffen from Lazy Days in Tucson, AZ. We got a very satisfactory deal and were treated like Royalty by every member of the staff. That extended well beyond the sale and has continued with the few communications we have had since.

A top notch organization in my experience.

Highly recommended.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:28 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We bought a Monaco from Lazydays in Florida last month and we were treated well. The salesman listened to what we wanted made a list of our requirements, took us around and showed us everything with with the options we wanted. we did not feel rushed or pressured at any time during the selection and purchase.

Our experience with Lazydays in Florida was pleasant and I recommend them to anyone looking to buy. They have a HUGE selection in stock and you can take your time looking for the one you want.

I feel confident that ordering a new motor home you would receive the same, if not better quality of service.
Cato1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:56 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I know north trail requires a large non refundable deposit on newmars, assume same on Tiffin.

Friend bought a Tiffen at LD, said all went well
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Have you considered buying used and saving, literally, hundreds of thousands of dollars as opposed to losing six figures in depreciation on a new one?

Cheers and Good Luck!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:01 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Have you considered buying used and saving, literally, hundreds of thousands of dollars as opposed to losing six figures in depreciation on a new one?

Cheers and Good Luck!

Literally hundreds of thousands? That would be awfully tough if buying a new Allegro with a MSRP of 150k.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Brian
I agree but didn't want to go there. We're looking at an Allegro Bus 45LP & did all the numbers based on what we have to truly pay for used 2013 (first year for the 45LP) or 2014 vs what we can order a new 2015 for. The depreciation cost of a new one over the 2013 used over the next 4 years is very close.

For the slight difference, we can order a new one exactly the way we want it. Not to mention that we like quite a few of the changes Tiffin made in the 2015 Allegro Bus over the 2014. Yes I do have to bite the bullet & lay out a few more dollars but to us it is well worth it. Pick our colors inside & out, option it with what we want & the warranties. Not to mention the new batteries & tires.

Remember, there wouldn't be a used one for the next guy if no one bought new. Someone has to keep the cycle going - (lol)
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:35 PM   #10

You did not say why you have narrowed your choice to those two. If it is because of service I would have to question that decision. We live between both and even after purchasing our 2011 RED from LD They were not even in the same ball park as several others were. Service is nothing to brag about at either from our experience. I tried repeatedly to make purchases from NT and never was sucessful.
Purchased our 2014 Phaeton out of state and would do so again when talking about thousands in differrence.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartS View Post
Brian
I agree but didn't want to go there. We're looking at an Allegro Bus 45LP & did all the numbers based on what we have to truly pay for used 2013 (first year for the 45LP) or 2014 vs what we can order a new 2015 for. The depreciation cost of a new one over the 2013 used over the next 4 years is very close.

For the slight difference, we can order a new one exactly the way we want it. Not to mention that we like quite a few of the changes Tiffin made in the 2015 Allegro Bus over the 2014. Yes I do have to bite the bullet & lay out a few more dollars but to us it is well worth it. Pick our colors inside & out, option it with what we want & the warranties. Not to mention the new batteries & tires.

Remember, there wouldn't be a used one for the next guy if no one bought new. Someone has to keep the cycle going - (lol)

Stuart,

I also always buy new. I have never understood why someone else cares how I spend my money. You were clear in ordering new. I will be buying a 45 ft coach in 5 yrars and it will also be new. Back to topic. My mom purchased from LD and is happy with the choice. Whatever you choose, good luck and safe travels.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:27 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
We bought our 10 Tour at Lazydays in Tampa. We spent 6 weeks getting everything fixed. It's an OK dealer. Unless the deal is something special, go with what ever's convenient.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:17 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I wouldn't consider either one. Why do I want to buy from high overhead dealers and waste thousands of dollars?

A number of new Tiffins get sold by two dealers - Sherman RV in Sherman, MS and Davis Motorhomes in Memphis, TN. Prices will be 25-28% off the Tiffin price list (available online or through Tiffin) and no hassling required. Either one takes trades as well.

Lazy Days and North Trail both have lots of inventory but I suggest you order your new coach so you can get exactly what you want.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:30 AM   #14

We went to North Trail, we were lied to, rushed to buy, and not made to feel important. We went to Lazy Days, we were treated like royalty, the salesman Tony, was great showed us what we needed, walked us through the whole process. Lazy Days was a very pleasant experience.
1952 mgtd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida