Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2018, 05:04 PM   #1

Lazydays RV Tampa Florida feedback

Hello All.
My wife and I are considering used/newer A class diesel pusher motor home. My wife wants me to travel to Lazydays in Tampa mostly because of their fly in cost "reimbursement" and the RV driving classes they offer. All good, but we live in MidWest and there are many local options here as well- and Yes i know they deduct the airfare from the cost of the RV should you elect to purchase.

After reviewing RV blogs, I have read "never to use them for servicing" the RV, they have "nice" helpful sales people. Great, but this is a major purchase and I am interested in knowing other positive and negative aspects about this retailer before travelling all the way down to Florida.

Any positive and negative experiences regarding financing, hidden fees at the time of closing, service after the sale, drivers training and price negotiating flexibility would be greatly appreciated.

JB
Jbeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2018, 05:26 PM   #2

Just remember that just like everywhere else, they’re salesmen! What do you want to hear?
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:46 PM   #3

I can't help you with the dealership but here are my thoughts with any sale.

Financing: I always find out what I can get through any banks, CU's that I use. Go in knowing what you can get and then you will know if they have good rates or not.

Hidden fees: When making any offer, do it in out-the-door numbers. That gets rid of all the fees. Let them figure out how to get to the number.

Service after the sale: You live in the Midwest, are you really going to go all the way to Florida?

Price negotiation: Do research on the units you are going to see. Knowing the going price will allow you to negotiate better. Don't fall in love with a unit. Be ready to walk if your not comfortable.

If you really haven't settled on a floor plan that you want, it would most likely be better to search locally to determine the floor plan that fits you best and then start looking for those units.

Good luck on your search.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:05 PM   #4

Thank you sir. This is good advice. You make a good point regarding travelling for service. I have narrowed down my search the the Winnebego 36G and Tiffin Allegro 31BR. There is inventory out there on the Winny but the Tiffin seems harder to find.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:22 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We bought our coach at LD last February. In short, we were satisfied with the price we paid but not much else. Salesman was okay, but he wanted me to limit my test drive to a couple miles of interstate, which I ignored. I drove it for about an hour. They promised a new headlight, but failed to deliver even though they said they would several times. Watch out for their finance guy. He pushed me hard to buy a warranty. When he finally realized I wasn’t buying, his friendly demeanor turned very rude and cold. The food at the several restaurants is awful. Plan to eat elsewhere. There is a Cracker Barrel within walking distance and while not that good, way better than LD. Plan for a lot of waiting for this or that, as the place is very busy. Don’t buy anything in their RV store, as everything is marked up huge.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:24 PM   #6

Funny you should ask......

Just recently went there to hopefully purchase a Grand Design Fifth Wheel with all the bells and whistles. As usual, we were introduced to our salesman.

Within 20 minutes I discovered he'd been seling RVs for 3 months, never camped a day in his life, never owned an RV and is not interested in the lifestyle. "I " had to explain to him what the systems were on the fivers and explain how they worked. I found one I sort of liked and he went and got me a price from the "sales manager" ......a whopping 17% off plus $2300 for freight and $400 for prep plus the other charges...BE STILL MY HEART!!! We walked out and that was that....

NO LAZYDAYS FOR THIS GUY!!!! FORGETABOUTIT!!!!

IT'S ALL HYPE WITH NO SUBSTANCE!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeyer View Post
Thank you sir. This is good advice. You make a good point regarding travelling for service. I have narrowed down my search the the Winnebego 36G and Tiffin Allegro 31BR. There is inventory out there on the Winny but the Tiffin seems harder to find.
I looked on RV Trader and 8 Tiffin's came up. 5 were new though but three used. It will give you a little info.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:08 PM   #8

Lazy Days

Yep! What the other folks said! Showed us a couple Class A teasers. The one we chose was suddenly sold. As we continued to look the salesman left us sitting on a bench for 1 1/2 hours while he went off to help some other folks. Nope we purchased our Tuscany elsewhere.
USNRET85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:25 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Years ago we bought our current class A and our experience was nothing but great!!!!

We were treated with courtesy but everyone we encountered and they had a tech spend at least an hour with me going over all systems...

When we started to leave, I had a “water in fuel” code pop up and they immediately took coach to shop and ended up replacing a bad sensor....

Once that was completed, they filled coach with diesel and we headed back to Texas....

I’d buy from them again without a doubt.....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:31 PM   #10

We bought 2 coaches from lazydays. We like our salesman he gave us a good deal(compared to what we got shopping other dealers). My wife took the driving class and liked it. The service department is slow and not organized as well as very busy. If you buy from them plan to spend a week or two geting all issues fixed(they will bust their butts for you till you drive off).
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduggs View Post
We bought our coach at LD last February. In short, we were satisfied with the price we paid but not much else. Salesman was okay, but he wanted me to limit my test drive to a couple miles of interstate, which I ignored. I drove it for about an hour. They promised a new headlight, but failed to deliver even though they said they would several times. Watch out for their finance guy. He pushed me hard to buy a warranty. When he finally realized I wasn’t buying, his friendly demeanor turned very rude and cold. The food at the several restaurants is awful. Plan to eat elsewhere. There is a Cracker Barrel within walking distance and while not that good, way better than LD. Plan for a lot of waiting for this or that, as the place is very busy. Don’t buy anything in their RV store, as everything is marked up huge.
Thank you for your reply. I kinda expected they would do that with the warrenty or service agreement. have heard not to purchase these from the dealer due to high Mark ups. I have no idea what a extended service plan should be on a 2017-2018 DP RV.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
We bought 2 coaches from lazydays. We like our salesman he gave us a good deal(compared to what we got shopping other dealers). My wife took the driving class and liked it. The service department is slow and not organized as well as very busy. If you buy from them plan to spend a week or two geting all issues fixed(they will bust their butts for you till you drive off).
Thank you for responding. Did the driving course really help? Honestly, being new to this and potentially buying a 36+ footer - Little concerned. LOL
Old 11-29-2018, 08:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Years ago we bought our current class A and our experience was nothing but great!!!!

We were treated with courtesy but everyone we encountered and they had a tech spend at least an hour with me going over all systems...

When we started to leave, I had a “water in fuel” code pop up and they immediately took coach to shop and ended up replacing a bad sensor....

Once that was completed, they filled coach with diesel and we headed back to Texas....

I’d buy from them again without a doubt.....
Thank you. It is great hearing a good experiance. What time of year did you purchase? Was it a slower time of the year for RV sales?
Old 11-29-2018, 08:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
Funny you should ask......

Just recently went there to hopefully purchase a Grand Design Fifth Wheel with all the bells and whistles. As usual, we were introduced to our salesman.

Within 20 minutes I discovered he'd been seling RVs for 3 months, never camped a day in his life, never owned an RV and is not interested in the lifestyle. "I " had to explain to him what the systems were on the fivers and explain how they worked. I found one I sort of liked and he went and got me a price from the "sales manager" ......a whopping 17% off plus $2300 for freight and $400 for prep plus the other charges...BE STILL MY HEART!!! We walked out and that was that....

NO LAZYDAYS FOR THIS GUY!!!! FORGETABOUTIT!!!!

IT'S ALL HYPE WITH NO SUBSTANCE!!!
Thanks Wundertaker. $2,300 for freight? what is that all about.... See that is what i am trying to understand before i go to a dealer. What type of add on fees are legit and which ones are just profit padding for the dealer.

Tags
florida