Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-07-2015, 04:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LCI Lippert Leveler emergency retraction method

Does anyone know the LCI Lippert Leveler emergency retraction method. How to jump the motor if your fuses are out and your rig is stuck with the levelers down. I was told by someone you can jump it with a 12v battery but they were not specific enough for me to try it. Don't want to cause any extra damage.

Dave & Deb with furbabies Max & Myla
2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y ,2014 CRV w/Ready Brute Elite

FMCA members
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2015, 06:28 PM   #2

I did a Google search and found a You Tube video that shows retraction for one type of Lippert system , if this isn't your system , will need a model number for your system.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Sorry I can't get the link to work . I'll check things out and try again.
Second verse ... same as the first.
Try a Google search for
Lippert ( LCI) Ultra Leveling Jacks: Manual Retraction , for the video

99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #3
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
At Thormotorcoach.com They have a video exactly for that.
Ford RV V10 5 star Tow tune
Front/Read Roadmaster 1 3/4" anti-sway bars. Roadmaster steering stabilizer
2009 Acme Tow dolly w/ 2014 Avalon Hybrid Limited
NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:09 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This YouTube is made under the assumption that there is no power and no electronic control of the "4 Point" leveling system - made by Lippert Components (LCI)
Best luck

Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:54 PM   #5
Winnebago jack retraction

On mine, I removed the control box. There was a jumper cable wire tied to the main cables. Easy to see where it hooks up. Remove the jumper cable as soon as the jacks are fully retracted. I know you need power to make it work. (But I did not want to NOT pass on this info.) I have used it a few times. I also found that removing and replacing the plugs from the control box will sometimes reset things.

If there is no way to restore power to the system you will have to manually open the valves to lower the rig, then pry the rams up to the stowed position and close the valves.

Good Luck
GPWayne is offline   Reply With Quote