Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #1

LCI Low Voltage Error

We have a 2016 Thor Challenger with the Lippert leveling system. When the level system is first turned on it indicates Ready. As soon as the Auto Level function is pressed a Low Voltage error appears. Pressing the Enter button clears the error but it reappears as soon as the Auto Level function is pressed. I've tried to Auto Level when connected to shore power, running the generator, revving the engine but the level system will not auto level. The battery terminals are clean and measures 13.1 Vdc.
The manual level option works and so does the retract option.
I believe the level system needs reset, but Im not sure how this is accomplished.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Roada is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2016, 10:27 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I took a look at the manual for the trailer product.
the controls are likely the same.
There is no "Reset" function.

You really need to measure the voltage on the red wire going to the control panel. this is where the electronics senses the voltage level.

It sounds more like a poor connection. When the system is on, it draws very little current, so a poor connection will not show much voltage drop.
But when you try to level (run the motors), there is more current and the voltage will drop. Maybe manual mode bypasses the voltage check....not sure

If voltage is good, 11.5v or higher, then you controller is probably bad.

Regrds,

Dan
Old 05-03-2016, 10:41 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply Dan.
I'll check the connections at the controller. Good idea
Old 05-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #4

Roada,
My Power Gear levelers are reset by removing the power. Try turning off your chassis battery, either with a chassis battery switch or removing the ground cable. Wait a couple of minutes and turn it back on. I hope this works for you.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:20 AM   #5

Problem resolved😆
Dan from Lippert suggested I perform a Level Zero Calibration.
You must first level the coach manually then perform the calibration.
The Low Voltage error occurred after I performed an auto level on a very unlevel surface.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.