Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2017, 04:29 PM   #1

Leak at elbow that goes into fresh water tank

I have a 2015 BayStar Sport 2702. Discovered I have a slight leak where the elbow enters the fresh water tank at the bottom of the tank. I can access it and can remove what looks like a heavy application of silicone sealant but not sure what I will find once I expose it and how it is held onto the tank. Anyone fixed this. Any photos would help to visualize what I'm up against.
lif13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2017, 05:05 PM   #2

You are correct, a picture would help us to visualize what you are talking about.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”93 Coachmen Pusher 38' 8.3Cummings, 6sp Alison. "Roy"
olcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lif13 View Post
I have a 2015 BayStar Sport 2702. Discovered I have a slight leak where the elbow enters the fresh water tank at the bottom of the tank. I can access it and can remove what looks like a heavy application of silicone sealant but not sure what I will find once I expose it and how it is held onto the tank. Anyone fixed this. Any photos would help to visualize what I'm up against.
Silicone is a band aide, if you want to fix it just remove all the silicone and see why it is leaking. Could be a hose clamp or pvc fitting or something else. We need to see something please.

Q
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lif13 View Post
once I expose it and how it is held onto the tank. Anyone fixed this
I would place a call to the factory service dept. This is a very critical joint connection as you know. If you go to remove this elbow and then reattach to eliminate this leak, you definitely want to use the right adhesive/sealant. But I'll bet they suggest a type of Thermoplastic Sealant. It bonds real well but at the same time is flexible to with stand all the bumps and vibration that it is constantly under.

Please report back on your findings. I'd personally like to know what product they recommend.

Good luck my friend.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:11 AM   #5

Good suggestion. I'll call after the weekend and see what they say. I did call them but was asking about schematics for the tank in case I had to pull the tank out which they sent and which were somewhat helpful.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Larry
lif13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:14 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Larry! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope it turns out to be really simple! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, leak, tank, water