Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Leak in ceiling, 2011 Monaco Knight

I purchased my 2011 Monaco Knight in January of this year, love it. But 2 out of the 4 times I've been out lately the MH leaked inside from the ceiling over driver's area. Both of those times the MH was not completely level due to bad camp sites. The rear of the coach was lower than front, not terribly bad but not level.

When I left the campground on both occasions the water, about a small cup full, poured from above.

It seems that the 3 air conditioners have drain tubes because they don't drain off the top and down the side. Maybe a drain is stopped up, causing problems when not level.

Ha anyone ever experienced this? Help appreciated.

Steve
pastorsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #2

Are you sure it's not water on top of your slides that has pooled and comes off when driving? This is a common problem even with slide toppers.
Nubulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #3

I agree with Nubulin, your water leak is probably just water that pooled from the ACs on top of a slide. When the slide came in, not all the water on top drained off. First time you brake, accelerate or traverse un-level ground the remaining water will come off the top of the slides.

After we run our slides in, we place towels on the front and rear top edge of each slide to suck up the pooled water, it's part of our bugging out procedure. Just remember to remove the towels before you run the slides back out!!!!
paddler54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:35 PM   #4

FWIW, I have four sets of 4x4x18" with each set of two tied together with line (help removing them). Place a set under each jack if on soft ground.

I also have two pieces of 2x8x24" that I can place on one side or another in order to help level the MH.

In a very steep area, that could equate to up to a 6" height difference (almost unheard of).
Old 06-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #5

Exclamation Leaking into the MH ceiling

I encountered intermittent water inside, coming down the coach wall. Did everything (seemingly), but could not find it. Including pressure testing with soapy solutions over the entire coach. Eventually found that the lense on one of the roof-mounted small clearance lights was broken. Way up high; not easy to see/notice. All tight now.
8NMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling, leak, monaco