Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #1

leak, leak, leak,

we have a 2006 holiday rambler endeavor that has a leak above the drivers seat by the corner molding and radiating down to the floor by the left side. We have had the roof sealed, the roof entirely recoated, now more caulking, the window, windshield, and mirror caulked too. Last night it rained hard and then again this morning the leak is still there. This is extremely frustrating. We have put a lot of cash into this and no end in sight. We will be going to lazy days in tampa the end of december with some friends. I want to keep this rig, we have it for about 7 months, just want to be dry. Has anyone else had this problem, I hope lazy days can fix it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Have you check the seals on your outside clearance lights? I had a leak that dripped down on my dashboard and down the inside of the windshield. Checked it out and it was my clearance lights. The rubber seal and plastic fitting was detererated something terrible. I took clear bathtub caulking and went around all of them. End of leak. You might try this if you haven't already. Hope this helps

20016 - Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite - 26BHS travel trailer
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #3

Gary G is correct, check the clearance lights, they leak when the seals get old and tired. You might also want to check the seams around any items like horns, remote control lights, satellite dish or the TV antenna. I also discovered that the front cap seam needs to be checked periodically.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #4

Check the end cap to roof seam really close. I had one it took me TWO years to find. It was right under the air horn bell at the seam and was less than one inch clearance so very hard to check. I finally found it with a screwdriver. I then put Dicor in the area with a small putty knife. FINALLY got it stopped.

My next fix was a hand grenade in upper overhead compartment!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #5

I had the same problem.I bought a 89 mobile traveler class A .The previous owner said it had a leak from the windshield not! It was leaking from the front clearance lights real bad.I removed them and fiberglassed over the holes,no mere leak there but I also had one at the seam between the front cap and the roof .I pached it and hope that I got all of it.We had two weeks of bad rain in s.Or lately and am tired of leaks.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:24 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Be sure to also check the air conditioner roof seals. They may need a little tightening or possibly replacement. Water can travel some distance before working its way through the ceiling. I have even found it to wick uphill. If you cannot find a visible source then put the coach under a Seal Tec test. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit the road View Post
we have a 2006 holiday rambler endeavor that has a leak above the drivers seat by the corner molding and radiating down to the floor by the left side. We have had the roof sealed, the roof entirely recoated, now more caulking, the window, windshield, and mirror caulked too. Last night it rained hard and then again this morning the leak is still there. This is extremely frustrating. We have put a lot of cash into this and no end in sight. We will be going to lazy days in tampa the end of december with some friends. I want to keep this rig, we have it for about 7 months, just want to be dry. Has anyone else had this problem, I hope lazy days can fix it.

We had a 2005 Holiday Rambler that leaked over the passenger side front corner, running down between the windshield and the side window corner post....I sealed everything I could seal.....ICC lights/lens, seams over the window, etc. everything I could seal ( used a tube of sealer). It still leaked.....finally took it in to Lazy Days , with the help of there wind and rain apperatus they found a couple of places on the roof that was allowing water to enter back by a vent pipe.....and another by the satellite dome. It appears the water was entering and running forward to the passenger side corner, the vents were covered with plastic vent covers no problem there.
We since have traded the Rambler.......

Tags
leak