Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #1

Leaning RV, need assistance

I am new to RVing (3 weeks) and I noticed the motorhome leaning to one side yesterday. It is a 1993 Allegro bay DP on a XC18RD chassis.

When we bought it everything appeared to be in good shape for the age and I knew that small things would need to be repaired but I had no idea that finding information or parts would be this hard to find. It is a solid rubber set of plate sandwiched together like stairs steps and one of the rear ones is sheared. I have pictures I will try to post.

I don't have any manuals for it at this time and what I have found online doesn't show this part on the chassis at all. I don't have a clue really of what to call it. I did see what looked like to be a aftermaket product called MOR/ryde that looks like what I may have.

Any information on where to buy replacement parts would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV spring.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	569.3 KB
ID:	75491  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Your RVs suspension is over 20 years old. Saying you load is balanced, Unless you upgraded the suspension, It may require new springs [leaf, coil, air] and shocks to correct the lean to say the least.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #3

That is a Mor Ryde suspension nearly all the parts are available. Here is the single axle setup. http://www.morryde.com/downloads/tec...e%20Manual.pdf

And this is the tag axle setup http://www.morryde.com/downloads/tec...e%20Manual.pdf
Old 10-02-2014, 11:59 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I replaced the rubber springs on my tag axle a couple of years ago. Mine were not broken just starting to crack. Called MorRyde to order them, replaced both sides myself and a friend. If I remember right it was around $600.00 for both springs. Ask if there us a upgrade for more weight carrying capacity.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:59 PM   #5

Thank you all for replying to my post. I have been in contact with MOR/ryde and they are helping me obtain the part I need. Just if anyone was wondering or may need the same in the future, each spring is $319.99 and there are 2 per side (4 total).
Old 10-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the update. Although yours is different then my tag, it only uses one spring per side, you should feel a big improvement in the ride. I did with my tag.

1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote