Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #1

Leather sofa removal

1997 Monaco Dynasty Barron III with the two sofa option but I suspect the sofa is used in other motorhomes as well. I want to remove the leather sofa and put in a booth dinette so I can sleep more and strap in the grandkids in their car seats. Where do I start? I have looked at the sofa and can't find any way to the inside where I suspect it is bolted to the floor. No storage drawers or cushions that will come loose. Thanks
fighterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I'm sure you will figure it out.........or call the service department at Navistar and maybe they will be able to answer your question on the sofa's removal. Let us know how you solved the problem. I removed our sleeper sofa, but it wasn't hard when the cushions etc come off so I was able to gain access to the bolts holding it in place. If it is on a slide check underneath, maybe you will see the "bolts". deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
4 screws/bolts hold it down on the metal frame rails on bottom of sofa.
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Most sofa's are used as sleepers also and have seat belts. Isn't yours that way?
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #5

This isn't the sleeper, that is on the other side. This is the opional leather sofa and that is all it is. No storage, cushions are fasten to the unit. In the borchure it was called a Leather J lounge. I guess one has to cut some stirngs and remove some of the cushions to get down into if to find the bolts.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
I would call either Davis Cabinets (541)998-8778/Oregon or Villa Furniture 888-707-7272/ CA (the latter is probably the ones that built it).
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I have the same thing...however, mine has a storage drawer that you pull out, and that allows you to access the " 4 Lag bolts" that bolts it to the floor. If you don not have a drawer maybe you can access it from under a storage compartment or from bottom of the coach floor. Good luck !!

Happy Rving to ALL
Happy RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #8

You should be able to remove front lower valance to gain access to under sofa. If the sofa is in slide you should find nut plates mounted in floor. If not in slide you may find long bolts with nuts in basement. Hope this helps!
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #9

I looked again and started prying, pulling etc. and lo and behold the seat cushions are all mounted on one long piece of ply wood and if lifted up and would slide out so I could see inside the frame. Appears to be held by about 6 wood screws fastened into the wall thru a 3 inch board running the length of the sofa. Didn't see anyting on front frame holding it to the floor but will start with the rear screws.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #10

I bought the dinette for my Bounder from Glastop RV and Marine Furniture in FL. They were very helpful and very knowledgable.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal