Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2015, 05:28 PM   #253

Monaco Owners Club
Here is pic of garage

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2015, 05:34 PM   #254

Monaco Owners Club
Let's see if this photo will attach, Sorry I'm new to the forum regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	106179  

Old 09-07-2015, 06:16 PM   #255

Rvadventure. Nice garage. Sounds like you did it right. It makes a big difference in upkeep on the rig when you can park it inside.
RVibrake2 Auxiliary Braking System
Addisons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:47 PM   #256

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just moved my coach into a new pole barn I built. 24x52x16 with a 12x14 door. I am finishing the inside lights tomorrow using a rented sissor lift. After thinking about this, how do you all change the bulbs in your ceiling fixtures? I thinking an extension ladder would be an option, but I'm curious if anyone has different approach.. Pioneer built the garage with floor. I did the 200 amp service with help from a friend who is electrical contractor. All the inside electrical and outside security lights and cameras was self done. I absolutely love it. Thanks for the input.
2014 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
PPAinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:53 PM   #257

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPAinPA View Post
Just moved my coach into a new pole barn I built. 24x52x16 with a 12x14 door. I am finishing the inside lights tomorrow using a rented sissor lift. After thinking about this, how do you all change the bulbs in your ceiling fixtures? I thinking an extension ladder would be an option, but I'm curious if anyone has different approach.. Pioneer built the garage with floor. I did the 200 amp service with help from a friend who is electrical contractor. All the inside electrical and outside security lights and cameras was self done. I absolutely love it. Thanks for the input.
I built an 18x60 with 14x14 door and didn't put any lights in the overhead. I mounted (3) 8' florescent fixtures spaced evenly down each side at about 7' height. It lights up the garage perfect and get's the light down where you need it.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:27 PM   #258

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
At least on a few of them you could stand on top of the RV and change them
Old 10-01-2015, 06:13 AM   #259

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I am finishing the inside lights tomorrow using a rented sissor lift. After thinking about this, how do you all change the bulbs in your ceiling fixtures? I thinking an extension ladder would be an option, but I'm curious if anyone has different approach.
Did my electrical myself also. Used an extension ladder for the overhead lights. All bulbs are LED so hopefully they won't need changing for a few years. Bought Utilitech 60 watt bulbs in six packs from Lowes for $13.98 so they cost $2.33 each. Hung 4' LED shop lights from Costco in the work area. Tired of replacing incandescent bulbs so everything is being replaced with LEDs when they blow.
Old Radios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:26 AM   #260

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchips View Post
I built an 18x60 with 14x14 door and didn't put any lights in the overhead. I mounted (3) 8' florescent fixtures spaced evenly down each side at about 7' height. It lights up the garage perfect and get's the light down where you need it.
I did mine the same way. With the lights at the 7 foot height it does put the light where it is most needed. It also provides enough light on the top if you want to check the roof.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #261

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks.... but never thought that mounting on the side walls would have worked, so they are up there 16'.... Since the garage is 24' wide, the fixtures are exactly between the sides of the coach and the walls, so changing from the roof of the coach is out.... I'm going to start looking for a ladder when I get home tonite!! Ugh....(sorry the pictures are sideways....)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	108564   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	108565  

Old 10-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #262

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchips View Post
You have any pictures? I'm liking this idea. I have 4 EA 4x4' outdoor fluorescent fixtures that I haven't put up yet.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:59 AM   #263

What do the RV Garages cost ?
Old 10-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #264

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Not as fancy as most of these garages on here, but it works for me. I wanted to build something nicer and permanent but have permitting issues down where I live. I just finished building this a few weeks ago, and have also added a shade fabric cloth to the rear to help block more sun. It does a great job, especially for the price!
Old 10-28-2015, 09:20 PM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoysRV View Post
Not as fancy as most of these garages on here, but it works for me. I wanted to build something nicer and permanent but have permitting issues down where I live. I just finished building this a few weeks ago, and have also added a shade fabric cloth to the rear to help block more sun. It does a great job, especially for the price!
Yep,

As long as the coach is protected from the elements, that's really all that counts. I had the same exact style cover for quite a few years at our previous home and, it was great. The sun never saw that coach unless we were in it, using it. Those of course are more subject to wind and, degradation due to sun and UV effects. But, where budgets are the reigning authority, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I'd do it again if I were faced with certain conditions. But, where we move to about 18 months ago, we were fortunate to purchase a brand new home WITH AN RV GARAGE attached. That's a nice cover. It should serve you well for a few years before needing replacement.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:05 AM   #266

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsal View Post
What do the RV Garages cost ?
My building and concrete floor, was 25k. Another 2k for drivewa, 1k for excavation, and 2k for electrical service... And then there are the permit fees...