Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #183

Just signed off on our new 40'x30' which is going up in December. Our rig is 27' so the 40' side is across the front with an RV bay and two car bays 30' deep. Left the option for an RV door on the side to use the 40' length if we ever need it but we have no plans for a longer rig. As it is the new garage will hold the RV in the big bay and two cars and two utility trailers in the two smaller door bays with just enough room left on one side for our motorcycles, garden tractor, and snowblower. It has a second story storage loft which stops at the edge of the RV bay so I'll be able to walk and work on the rigs roof out of the weather if needed.

Unfortunately it's too late in the season to poor the floor so it will be crushed stone over the winter and the cement will be pored in the spring.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2014, 08:24 AM   #184

I think I would like gravel instead of concrete, if for no other reason that the structure could disappear when we sell the MH due to age or otherwise. Any leaks or spills would not be cause for anguish, either.

For those that have concrete, is washing the MH a problem? For those with gravel, do you wish you'd done concrete? Why?
Old 11-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #185

I plan on washing ours outside. After the concrete is pored it will also be painted. That will help make for easier clean up of spills or leaks. Only thing that will be washed inside are the bikes. No need to wash the RV when it's inside for the winter. Cars go to a car wash in the winter.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #186

Tiffin Owners Club
Being late in the season might be a blessing. Parking on the gravel over the winter will let everything settle good and you should have less chance of the concrete cracking. Mine was finished in May. I put gravel inside and let it settle until September before we poured the concrete.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #187

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
I think I would like gravel instead of concrete, if for no other reason that the structure could disappear when we sell the MH due to age or otherwise. Any leaks or spills would not be cause for anguish, either.

For those that have concrete, is washing the MH a problem? For those with gravel, do you wish you'd done concrete? Why?
Wouldn't be without concrete in the shop. Drive it outside and wash it on the gravel driveway. Concrete in the shop is clean and your not dragging crap into your MH every time you go in it. If you get oil on it wash it out with Tide when you do your spring cleaning or put something down to keep it off the floor.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #188

Winnebago Owners Club
https://plus.google.com/101316903016...ts/ckx65MoGUfM
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #189

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417926837.102137.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	691.0 KB
ID:	80662

My Garage month to month.
Ruddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:57 PM   #190

Winnebago Owners Club
Our shed is 36 x 72. 17 walls. Door is 16 x 14.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1575.JPG
Views:	470
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	80668
Old 12-07-2014, 05:51 AM   #191

It's a start. Should be up by Christmas.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #192
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looking forward to progress pictures.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #193

Take a look through this older inv2.com thread for several pages of RV garage pictures: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/pictu...es-105447.html
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post

With a gravel floor, those leaks and spills you talk about can become a hazardous spill incident. If a future property owner has the soil tested for hazardous materials as a condition of purchase, when the spill/leak contaminant is discovered, you-the present or previous owner are responsible for the entire EPA mandated clean-up, which must be performed by a licensed hazardous clean-up company.
One of the NE states(forget which) lists 1 lb. of auto anti-freeze leaked onto the ground/floor a hazardous spill under their state EPA regulations.

I would much rather have a solid floor which allows immediate clean-up by me, instead of being required to spend thousands for the required contractor.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #195

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
With a gravel floor, those leaks and spills you talk about can become a hazardous spill incident. If a future property owner has the soil tested for hazardous materials as a condition of purchase, when the spill/leak contaminant is discovered, you-the present or previous owner are responsible for the entire EPA mandated clean-up, which must be performed by a licensed hazardous clean-up company.
One of the NE states(forget which) lists 1 lb. of auto anti-freeze leaked onto the ground/floor a hazardous spill under their state EPA regulations.

I would much rather have a solid floor which allows immediate clean-up by me, instead of being required to spend thousands for the required contractor.
spills of less than 5 gal do not have to be reported. They do have to be cleaned up.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #196
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If this is a subject (leaks & spills) deemed needed to be discussed further please let's make it it's own thread before it leads this thread astray.

I'm thinking there's enough meat in that subject to sustain it's own thread.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote