Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2015, 10:47 AM   #1

Levelers slightly retracting in use

I have PowerGear levelers on my class A. It is the three post design (one in front, two in back. There are times, after I get leveled, when the jacks will retract a very small amount, about 1/8" at a time. All of a sudden I will hear one sound like it just let go as if it lost all fluid pressure but it only moves a little. This occurs intermittently on all jacks, more so in the back.
The fluid level is good. They have plenty of power. They retract as expected when activating on the control panel.
One thing I have noticed is that, when leveling, if I pause a while and then make an adjustment to bring one down farther I push the button and it takes a while to cycle before it pushes the jack. I am not sure if this is an expected part of the design.
Does anyone have advise on this issue? Thanks
JHSJMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2015, 12:25 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds like you have air in the hydraulic fluid lines that needs to be bled out.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 02:27 PM   #3

I agree it sounds like air in the hydraulic lines. Have you checked the level in the hydraulic reservoir? Top it off and if that doesn't work...then they need to be bled out.
pomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:11 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"JHSJMS".....Your pump should be located behind the louvered door, just in front of the driver's side wheel. There are three valves on top with a "T" handle. These valves are there to release the pressure in the jacks in case there is a failure. Sometimes these need to be snugged down. Don't go crazy because they have a needle valve. Snug them up and see if that helps.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:42 PM   #5

and if that doesn't help, bleed off the pressure, remove the valves, and clean them. If that doesn't work, replace them.
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
levelers