Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #1

leveling

Hey, hi everyone. Have another question. Have 04 allegro 30da motorhome. Went out over weekend. Leveled unit ok, I check with level both front and back and right on. We have slide for front which is small kitchen and booth on driver side and slide in back on the other side for the bedroom (queen size bed). Each slide out is about 12 to 18 inches more or less. The problem is when we started cooking, notice everything slided to one end of the pan. check level again front and back ok, but when I put level on kitchen slide it was off. Just like it dropped. I this common or does this need adjustments or what do we need to do to correct????
jastinjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #2

I have to check my level every time I perform an over nite. Front to back and side by side.... I keep a 24" el cheapo level in the coach and use top of frige as my front to back point and a coach divider near bathroom as my side to side point. Wish i had auto levelers but not on this old gal.... so I do it the manual method.
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is it possible that the jacks sank into the earth where you leveled? Did you put anything under them to keep them from sinking? That would be the first thing that I would consider.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Could be the slide itself needs an adjustment?
PlayItForwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:27 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItForwrd View Post
Could be the slide itself needs an adjustment?
+1. My thoughts as well, especially since you ensured that the motorhome was still level afterwards. Just thinking out loud... it might even be the oven itself.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:52 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Always possible that the stovetop isn't 100% level in the cabinet. Also, how solid is the ground you're parked on? It's possible the weight caused it to settle overnight. Do you have air bags in your suspension? If one or more leaks down over time, it may change the level position.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:26 AM   #7
paz

I level first, then extend the slides according to the manufacturer's instructions, but I usually have to adjust the level slightly after extending the slides. We have 2 slides that are both on the same side, and the weight of the slides when extended takes the coach just a little bit off level.

If not on pavement, jacks can sink a little bit (or a lot if the ground is soft) over time necessitating re-leveling.

Also, one or more jacks can have a leak that will cause them to lower over time. Most times, the leak is internal, so no oil is visible on the outside. The fluid leaks past the O-rings on the solenoid or the check valve and back into the reservoir.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A couple other thoughts...

1. Generally the most often recommended place to check level is the bottom of the refer. The refer performance can be affected if if isn't level. It isn't THAT sensitive. In general, if you feel you are level, that is generally close enough. If your refer is in the slide then I would also double check that. Maybe the slide does need some looking at?

2. We know that with our passenger front slide there is a small variation on what the level bubble will show based on what part of the counter top we put it on.

3. As already said, you might have either a leaking jack or perhaps one or more jacks has settled down into the ground a bit. The former would require some maintenance attention while the latter might be corrected with a larger jack pad if you aren't using one already.
Good Luck.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #9

Another thought might be to level the rig.... then immed place your pan on the stove burner and check level side to side and front to rear across the top of the pan. You will then know if the stove has leveling issues. I just checked mine before leaving for work this morning. My stove top is not at all level when my rig is sitting level. The stove top sits high on one side and high in the back corner.
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling