Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #43

Freightliner Owners Club
I use 12x12 3/4 inch plywood. the bottom is made up of 2 together. Then 1 took 2 - 2x4 's with a notch cut out. They can be laid flat or on the side in an X. I then can place another section of plywood on top. Now I have reduce the amount of wood I carry, put have ways of various levels.
As for the wheels I have now gone to the building blocks (yellow) purchase 3 set from CW for a special price of $17. This covers: all 4 back tires, or 23 front tires or 1 side of the RV (40ft Diesel)

Found that this gives me the best option and has reduce the weight to carry. So far working great.

gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeep View Post
This was the only way I could get the RV level in my driveway. 6x6 with 3/4 inch plywood on top. So between the ramps and air leveling I can get my coach level. I have smaller ramps made up to use at Campgrounds. 4x4 with 3/4 inch plywood on top. I have not used them yet. But it allows me to level about 10 inches from front to back.
The main difference between your solution to the splitting problem is that I am using 3/8 inch plywood on the top and the bottom of my 2x8 blocks. The sandwich is 2 1/4 inches high. I also taper the ends like you do to keep them from being pushed by the wheels.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #45

The only reason I get down on the ground and put blocks out is that if I need to jack higher then the jacks reach. AKA the parking lot here at the Hospital. Most all camp sites are almost level to start with.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomthepilot View Post
Hi Gascap,
Was thinking blocks cut from Stall Mats seemed like a good idea and Tractor Supply here in the US has them at $40.00. Only downside is a 4' x 6' Stall Mat weighs 100 lbs and I'd want that amount of surface area. I'm already too heavy. Can't find the weight of Tri-Lynx RV Levelers but they've got to be a lot less than that. WallyWorld has the Tri-Lynx RV Levelers @ $31.96 x 4 = $127.84. So... guess I'll go spend the big bucks. But thanks for an otherwise good idea.

Regards,
Tom Terrific & his wonder wife Mighty Melody (who's sitting less than level at the moment)

Gascap is the cat for one thing but that's ok. No matter how many times I tell everyone Thom only hears things from the forum if I read it to him. So that makes me Christine.

As to the weight of them then you can split one with a friend as it does cut up into lots of pieces. The thing cost us less than $50 since we got it at a deal. Besides Thom can lay several of them down to put under the coach to work on it too. Some also hold down the outdoor carpet so it does not fly up, rocks I trip on but these I don't. There are any number of things we can and do use them for.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #47

Because I'm a newbie to automatic levelers, I will only add 1 thing. Make sure you have a step to augment the gap between your bottom step and the ground. This past weekend I used the Lynx levelers as a stop-gap measure but will be purchasing a folding step before our next trip.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomthepilot View Post
Hi Gascap,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
Gascap is the cat for one thing but that's ok.
I knew that. I just figured Gascap was in charge of the leveling blocks since they're down at his level. <grin> BTW... we don't have any pets at the moment but we're looking to get one or two cats to live aboard with us. Trying to figure out a litter box location.

Quote:
No matter how many times I tell everyone Thom only hears things from the forum if I read it to him. So that makes me Christine.
Hi Christine,
Tell Thom hi from Tom!

Quote:
As to the weight of them when you can split one with a friend as it does cut up into lots of pieces.
Yup... turns out the weight penalty for Stall Mat blocks isn't too bad, if you cut them down to 8" squares. DW bought two Tri-Lynx Leveler packs that contain 10 each. They are 1" thick but only 8" X 8" and weigh .625lb each.
If you cut a 100lb Stall Mat that is 4ft X 6ft into 8" squares that gives you 64 blocks and they weigh .54lb each. But they're only .75" thick so you need to stack more of them to get a given height.
A 40" stack (53) of Stall Mat blocks would weigh: 28.62lb
A 40" stack (40) of Tri-Lynx blocks would weigh: 25lb

So... the Stall Mat blocks are a very economical alternative to the commercial Tri-Lynx blocks with a very small weight penalty.
Thanks for the great idea.

Regards,
Tom Terrific & his wonder wife Melody

Tags
leveling