Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2007, 05:06 AM   #1

Quick question....

Some parking spots at the ski resort we frequent are somewhat uneven; some so much that the auto leveling jacks can't level the coach enough. My question is, what is the best way to level it? Use linx levelers under the low-side tires? Jack-pad blocks? Combo of both? Not sure, as this will be our first ski season with the new coach that actually has auto-jacks.

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
jasonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2007, 05:06 AM   #2

Quick question....

Some parking spots at the ski resort we frequent are somewhat uneven; some so much that the auto leveling jacks can't level the coach enough. My question is, what is the best way to level it? Use linx levelers under the low-side tires? Jack-pad blocks? Combo of both? Not sure, as this will be our first ski season with the new coach that actually has auto-jacks.

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
jasonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:27 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Personally I am not a fan of auto levelers. I have seen many cases where the coach is set too high or wheels are off the ground cause the so called "auto" part was trying to level the coach. You might find it better in these cases to level it manually. If you are on anything but cement or asphalt, I would use wood and not the linx levelers. They can break pretty easily on uneven surfaces. You dont want the rear tires to be off the ground, so if your back end is too low, run the tires up on wood or the linx system to reduce the lowness. Then you can use the jacks to finish off the level as long as they dont raise the tire off the ground.
If the front end is the low area, you can put extra wood or linx levelers under the jacks and raise those tires off the ground. Again, I wouldn't raise them way off the ground but several inches or so is fine. If the front end is way low, drive the front tires up onto some wood and then use the jacks to finish the leveling.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:02 AM   #4

I may be a little over-cautious on leveling, but I like to level the coach first with blocking the tires before deploying the auto jacks. This way you'll keep all 6 on the ground.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I always use manual. Auto level lifts rig to high.