Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #29
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
.................18" x 20"and light enough for DW to carry (a main feature).
I like the way you think!

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Jack Pads Idea

I Wish I could clam credit for this Idea but I found that Tractor
supply sells what is called horse Pads for stables which comes
In a 4X6 Rubber sheet 1 inch thick for $39.00. I cut this up into
2X2 sheets and use them under the tires when storing My 36M
Journey and as Pads for the stands when traveling. Will not rot
Or splinter like wood and last forever. I did stay at one High-end
park with pavers or stamped concrete that ask you to use pads
for the stands

Rick From FLA

Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #31

I too purchased a 4'x6'x3/4" horse stall mat at the local farm supply for $30. Cut it into 12"x12" squares so i ended up with 24 pads that i can stack as needed. Jack pads don't slip on the rubber, won't rot or crack.
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #32

Quote:
Thanks again for the ideas. I came across some cut off pieces of laminated plywood joist that I think I'll polyurethane to preserve and are about 18" x 20"and light enough for DW to carry (a main feature).
does MARY know about this post??? you know that fancy looking garage you just made an extention onto just might become your permanent home!!!!!. your trip to cape rv park could be your last & you better get used to eating all those catfish alone

BTW---i do carry 2/8/24" pressure treated boards on mine & have worked well. some campgrounds do require you to use them.

anymore newbie questions---don't ask me--i'm still an amateur after 42 years.

it WAS great meeting everyone at campground. did jim (cart) send you the pictures---they were great.

seriously----hope you both enjoy that motorhome
Old 05-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #33

Went to Lowes and found some pre-cut round 18", 1/2" plywood, took 2 and glue and screwed together then attached a rope handle to make them easy to carry and pull out. (even painted them to protect from water. plastic ones just get bent up too easy.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
I cut 4 6" x 6" x 4 " thick blocks to put under the leveling jacks. I did this to keep from extending the jacks to far which is not good for the seals nor is it good for the return springs.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by two slides View Post

does MARY know about this post??? you know that fancy looking garage you just made an extention onto just might become your permanent home!!!!!. your trip to cape rv park could be your last & you better get used to eating all those catfish alone
P
Ralph, after 4 years dating and 39 years of marriage Mary is never surprised at what I say, and what she don't know want hurt me. Besides, I could starve living off the catfish, it's snowing here in Arkansas, no fishing getting done. In July we are headed to NM & CO to meet up with Randy & Sharon and Jim & Ginny, ya'll should come along.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
I glued 3/4 inch plywood together and cut to 16x16" Drilling a hole along one edge allows me to use the awning pole to place and pull them. My rv eats plastic ones.
Very interesting post. My Monaco manual (I have LSI levelers) says you should use blocks under your jacks. This prevents the jacks from over extending. I use 3 stacked 2 by 6s in front and 2 stacked 2 by 6s in the back. My manual also indicates I should drill a hole in them and use the awning pole to place and pull them. Interesting since I have an electric awning. I had to go out and buy an awning pole. Procedure works great. I no longer have an over extending problem with my LSI jacks. I did drill the holes. I nailed all the blocks together, also attached a handle & painted them red so I won't leave them behind.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #37

Our rig came with pads built right on the jacks. I don't have and don't need anything else. My days of stacking blocks under a RV are gone forever. Been there and done that with the fiver. Had a whole bay of custom made blocks in every thickness known to man. Would do the leveling thing with the hand crank jacks and sometimes blocks under the tires on the low side before you do the foe and aft leveling. Now I just push a button and go mix a drink. I don't miss the blocks and pads one bit. I've even wanted to get some fancy composite ones as they just look cute and handy. But the RV mutant in me says no way. And I haven't needed any at all. We don't even drop the jacks if it is pretty level, and the coach is pretty stable anyway. RV mutant #17
Old 05-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #38

Quote:
Ralph, after 4 years dating and 39 years of marriage Mary is never surprised at what I say, and what she don't know want hurt me. Besides, I could starve living off the catfish, it's snowing here in Arkansas, no fishing getting done. In July we are headed to NM & CO to meet up with Randy & Sharon and Jim & Ginny, ya'll should come along.
i'm not going to make any comment here about DW. like Craig said to me DW's are always right no matter what. i rest my case!!!!

if the snow keeps up---maybe i should ship you my snowblower

i read where you all were trying to get together again---but i need to update the sticks/bricks home & if any $$$ left over,try to update to a newer rv. haven't been out west since 2002. i'll look for everyones update.

Tags
leveling