Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #1

Leveling Jack Problem

I am relatively new to RVing, and am having a problem with the jacks on my 2003 Holiday Rambler 36DBD. They want to hang up. My owner's manual says check and add fluid, but there is no diagram or instructions on where to do so.

Transmission fluid is a little low, so plan to add fluid and see if that helps any. I am in a very hot & humid area, and wondered if the abundance of moisture this time of year has any bearing on the problem?

Any advice is appreciated.

Roy W.
Roy W 43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Adding fluid will only help the tranny the jacks are seperate system what you can try is to extend them and spray silcone spray on the shafts lube them good then retract and run them down a few times might have to spray twice. if that fails then check fluid in the tank have to listen for where the motor is at the tank will be there should have a dip stick on it don't overfill it. If the jacks retract up all the way and the "jacks down light" stays off your fluid is fine
Old 09-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #3

Not sure on your rig where the jack fluid container is but on mine its by the rear engine compartment. If not, you can follow the hoses from the jack valves/rams. Make sure your jacks are fully retracted when you check the fluid level. Just being low a small amount can create a problem. You may also want to lubricate the jack pistons with some silicon spray lubricate to see if that helps. You can use ATF fluid for your jacks.
Hope that helps!
dls461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #4

My Itasca Meridian's jack tank is under the entry steps. Dip stick is in the cap. Have jacks fully retracted and slide outs in if they're hydraulic. HWH system uses auto. Trans fluid.
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Your tank may (if it is like my Monaco) be behind the dash air cooler toward the back of the MH. It takes a special key to open the area and then again to get to the reservoir. The door just swings open.
conmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Roy, welcome to the forum. Give us a little help, tell us what kind of coach and what brand of leveling system is you can.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a question concerning HWH jacks. I travel with the control panel in the store mode, the right side rear jack sometimes drops about 1/2 inch, just enought to cause the jacks down light and alarm to come on, very annoying. I have replaced all the springs on my jacks, it seems to happen most in very hot weather. Anyone have any ideas as to what might cause this.

2004 Adventurer 38G
J Stemler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #8

Leveling Jacks Problem

Thanks for all the helpful responses. I located the fluid tank in the same compartment as the generator. The jacks are now working.

Roy W.
Roy W 43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler, leveling