Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
Leveling jacks

We are just new to motorhoming and have just bought a 2008 Winnebago Destination 37 ft motorhome. When we try to automatic level the lights flash on the control panel the airbags don't deflatae and nothing happens. When you try manual sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but again the airbags don't deflate. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

With the 1/2 time oven in the unit - the lights are on inside but the control panel across the front doesn't seems to have any power to it. Does anyone know if there is a fuse for this or a reset button in the oven?

WayneSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #2

Sorry you've got problems, I don't have any paper on the fully automatic levelers, I'm stuck with a manual unit.
Sounds like a defective air dump solinoid. Just a guess from other posts I've read.
Do you have an HWH leveling system ?
and What brand is the Convection/Microwave ? I'm assuming that's what you mean by 1/2 time oven.

99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
W/the intermittents, if its HWH, sounds like a more general power problem. HWH harps on needing full voltage to work properly.
Usually mfgr wires the HWH off the chassis batteries. If yours are original, its time for new. If you have any experience w/battery maintenance- photo, remove, clean & reinstall the chassis cables down to the posts & clamps if so equipped. Corrosion can grow between the posts & clamps, cable ends, etc. that will preclude sufficient voltage/amperage to pass, giving the computer bad info to run off.

If you have the HWH 625 system, the motherboard has relays, fuses and yellow & red diagnostic LEDs, shown on this link. I keep a plasticized copy of this in my coach, slightly shrunk, back-to-back, for quick reference. I've cured intermittent jacks w/new relays (Right Rear thru CRX1 at top of linked diagram); HWH won't sell those, but you can PM me for a source. Other LED's can sometimes lead you to the problem if battery connections don't cure it. I had a bad sensor on one jack that was not sending back a pressure signal sometimes, LED's were lit to run the jack but no return signal to LED. Generally the yellow LEDs indicate a call for a function and the adjacent red LED reports the motherboard is sending the signal out to operate the function (therefore problem is down the line from MBoard). If no yellow, board is not receiving command.
F6 is fuse for air dump output signal,
Yellow LED 11 indicates call for air dump received & sent,
Red LED 12 indicated MBoard is sending signal to dump air (if both 11 & 12 lit- problem is down the line to air dump solenoid, could be as simple as bad connection on Deutsh connector on box, could be in wire loom, could be at the solenoid)
IIRC Winnie's use fore & aft dump solenoids (weak recollection??), so if zero action it is probably a more general problem and not solenoid(s).
Hope this helps.
Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
The oven is an Apollo Model # AAC34BIS. The leveling jacks are Level Best by kwikee. Hope this helps.
WayneSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
BTW thelast time I tried to contact Kwikee/Powergear they would not talk to me they will not talk to the consumer only to "Service" people. You will either have to take it to a dealer or any Hydraulic Repair shop.

DelP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
It's a long shot, but I found this problem on my 2008 Itasca with Power Gear leveling: The factory had never attached the wire harness that connected the P/G controller to the Freightliner-installed dump valve. The first owner never knew about it, and I did not know how it was supposed to work until reading about problems here on IRV2.

Maybe your rig was built by the same crew as mine?

Seriously, if your chassis is like mine, the dump valve is attached near the center of the chassis about a foot to the rear of the centerline of the front wheels. It has two buttons on it to manually inflate or deflate the system.

I believe that someone has posted photos on IRV2 - a search may help you find them. Good luck.
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You can get an answer by email if you email them at info@powergearus.com, or go to their web site and fill out their email form.

What Model Destination is that? Based on 37 foot length I say 37G. The 39W is 39'3"

The Level Best/Kwikee system is supposed to have a 20 second delay before the jacks are deployed. During that time the airbags are supposed to deflate.

What lights are flashing and in what sequence. I have the manual for those jacks and I can look up the light code.

Aw heck, see if this makes sense.

Looking at your Level Best control panel. The LED lights are numbered as such:

on/off LED is #6
Left Front LED is #1
Right Front LED is #2
"ignition" LED is #8
"Park Break" LED is #9
Auto Mode LED is #5

All Up LED is #7
Left Rear LED is #3
Right Rear LED is #4

Standard Operating Codes:
LED 7 Green = Jacks retracted fully
LED 7 Red. Audible beep for approximately 8 seconds = Jacks deployed
LED 6 Green = Unit turned on
LED 6 Flashes = Park brake not set
LED 5 Green and audible beep = Auto level sequence completed satisfactorily
LED 8 Green = IGN on run only
LED 9 Green = Park Brake set

Auto Level Error Codes
Alternating LEDs 1 and 2 'on', then 3 and 4 'on' etc. = Coach tilted too far front to back to level
Alternating LEDs 1 and 3 'on', then 2 and 4 'on' etc. = Coach tilted to far side to side to level
LED 5 flashes red = Jacks are out of stroke
LED 5 flashes Green/Red = Lost communications with Auto Level Sensor
LED 9 flashes = Park brake not set.

What are your lights telling you?

p.s., the manual states to run the engine when you are deploying or retracting the jacks.

Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

jacks, leveling