Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2016, 07:29 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Leveling jacks

Hi everybody welllll i have another newbie problem

My leveling jacks panel rurn on an if i press the buttons it will make noise like the normal gggggggggggggg up and down buttt any of my 4 jacks doesn't work
It will just make the noise every time you push up and down but it will no go down or move

I have the level best panel it has the 4 up and down sides , , the all up button and the on and off button

Its any trick to do to bring the jacks down?

(English no bueno i know) :-)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #2

Are you running the MH engine while operating the leveling system? Some of the systems must have the engine running to have enough electric power to run the hydraulic pump. If that is not the problem I would check to make sure the hydraulic oil reservoir (tank) has enough oil. It will be located next to the pump/motor for the leveler system.

AKJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:07 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
AKjohn yes engine running ,parking brake on , power to the panel but no jacks down

Ill double check the fluid on pump i notice that there is like 19mm plug that looks like a draining plug , is there where i have to check the fluid levels on the motor pump?
Old 10-17-2016, 08:17 PM   #4

The fill plug is on the top of the cylinder to one side. Fill the tank with the jacks up. Remove the plug, stick your finger in the tank to see if is at the correct ATF level. Pour the ATF in until you can see it on your finger tip.
Simple to do.
HOWEVER, DO NOT REMOVE THE DRAIN PLUG ON THE TANK. LOTS OF ATF WILL DRAIN FASTER THAN YOU CAN BELIEVE.
Do check the ATF fluid to insure that it is good.
Good luck.
JimB

Might look on youtube.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:22 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Perfect jbdiscovery ill check for that tomorrow morning

So the jacks will not drop-down if is low fluid?
The jack should drop-down as soon as i turn on the panel?
Old 10-18-2016, 03:52 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDISCOVERY View Post
The fill plug is on the top of the cylinder to one side. Fill the tank with the jacks up. Remove the plug, stick your finger in the tank to see if is at the correct ATF level. Pour the ATF in until you can see it on your finger tip.
Simple to do.
HOWEVER, DO NOT REMOVE THE DRAIN PLUG ON THE TANK. LOTS OF ATF WILL DRAIN FASTER THAN YOU CAN BELIEVE.
Do check the ATF fluid to insure that it is good.
Good luck.
JimB

Might look on youtube.
I recheck fluids again and fluid are clean and in good level
Its any fuse that work separate to drop de jacks?
Cos i have power on panels and buttons but the jacks wont go down on position to start leveling the mh
Old 10-25-2016, 12:14 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Should be a way to reset the system...normally by holding a couple of buttons for a few seconds....
Old 10-26-2016, 03:27 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSwift View Post
Should be a way to reset the system...normally by holding a couple of buttons for a few seconds....
With the panel on or off?
If i press two or even the 4 buttons ill here the sound ill try everything , ill buy 4 new batteries house and chassis tomorrow
Old 10-27-2016, 08:25 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobnino View Post
With the panel on or off?
If i press two or even the 4 buttons ill here the sound ill try everything , ill buy 4 new batteries house and chassis tomorrow
If your hearing the pump run but jacks do not deploy it is more likely a pump or hydraulic problem. Do you see any leaks? but if all 4 jacks wont move my guess is the pump

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks