Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2016, 05:55 PM   #1

Leveling Jacks Kinda Broke.

So....I can raise both fronts, or both rears, or both lefts, but nothing on the rights. I assume it's the joystick. Is there something, maybe dirty contacts, or do I just remove it and buy a new controller? At this point it's in for a penny, in for a pound!

Bubya
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2016, 06:46 PM   #2

Mine has problems with the left side, I found if I take the joystick and move it slightly to the front of the coach then to the left it will grab the valve control and move my left side.
Try jiggling the control stick to the sides of your right control movement and see if it works.

What I said is probably clear as mud, but I am trying to help.

Good Luck
scdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:51 PM   #3

Thanx. I guess that's the root of my question. If it's the joystick, and it's not repairable, I think I'd just want to replace it. I just don't know how involved it is, and what the cost is.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:04 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
It might be worth checking to see if the joystick is easily disassembled, which I presume would mean taking it out and getting a good look at the bottom.
If you can get it apart it might be just a matter of cleaning some contacts (I know that works on computer joysticks, not sure about what's on the MH though).
Note the the 'bad' contact(s) are probably on the bottom left - opposite from where the top of the joystick is when you're using it.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:42 PM   #5

Thought I'd bump this up for any additional input. Anyone...anyone...anyone? McFly?
Old 04-21-2016, 11:06 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Are they HWH?
There was a video on YOUTUBE that I had seen where they took apart and an HWH joystick and put it back together. Also I believe some adjustment tricks.
Sorry I can't remember the title of the video, but it is there.
Mr.Geritol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:32 PM   #7

Yes, HWH. The Tube has helped me a lot, so I'll search there. Since all 4 jacks work, it logically is the controller. Thanx,

Dubya
Old 04-21-2016, 02:21 PM   #8

So I found this. He was having a similar problem. It's a struggle listening to the commentator, but oh well. I'll give this a whirl in the morning, and I bet my problem will be fixed.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:40 PM   #9

So, while my internals were a little different from the video, I did what was suggested. Dirty in there. A little oily on the contacts, but not much. Used some electrical contact cleaner, a little 180 sandpaper, and just an overall cleaning. Put it all back together, and they work perfect. A simple job as I have a driver's side door. Mo money saved!!
Old 04-23-2016, 04:47 PM   #10

Nice

I was following your problem, even though it isn't a problem I will have on my 5th wheel. It's good that you posted your outcome for the benefit of others. I have seen dirty contacts in all kinds of stuff - from water pressure switches to microphone switches and everything in between. Also, I wanted to say that "duster" or the compressed air cans for computers have saved me lots of times.
tinkerreknit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks